CM: Gave Me Wrong Room / Then Downgraded Us

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Checked in early and left our luggage, hopped off into the parks and had a lovely day. Came back, checked on the room... landed a key and room no, all was well.

Until I opened the door, saw a nice room... and oh, someone’s luggage and passports. Whoops! Major whoops. Great thing I’m an honest person and didn’t lift whatever cash I could have found.

Then we get a new room... the “level we paid for” without even a coffee maker or water boil.

Call down, nothing they can do.

DLP is Disney Lite compared to WDW and in fact, reflects the overall customer service experienced in the country to begin with.

cjkeating

Checked in early and left our luggage, hopped off into the parks and had a lovely day. Came back, checked on the room... landed a key and room no, all was well.

Until I opened the door, saw a nice room... and oh, someone’s luggage and passports. Whoops! Major whoops. Great thing I’m an honest person and didn’t lift whatever cash I could have found.

Then we get a new room... the “level we paid for” without even a coffee maker or water boil.

Call down, nothing they can do.

DLP is Disney Lite compared to WDW and in fact, reflects the overall customer service experienced in the country to begin with.

Which hotel are you staying in? Assume Sequoia or Newport?

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
Sequoia.

Granted, I understand that my level of room is what it is... it’s more that I called inquiring on a water boiler, all I wanted was a cup of coffee in the room.

It was more their response that left a sour taste.

I have a lot of opinions and feedback I’ll be putting together in a trip report.

AndyS2992

This happened to us at Sequoia back in 2017, given the key to an occupied room but they sorted it out quickly enough which was fine. I think kettles are by request anyway and there are limited numbers, says this somewhere on the paperwork I believe, unless you paid Golden Forest Club level then there should be one unless it was broken or stolen and they hadn't replaced it which would be their fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom