CM Discount Question

J_Krafty24

I know a lot of you out there are or have been CMs so hopefully someone can help me out. Here is my family's situation:

My grandma is spending the winter in florida and working part time as a CM. My family is taking a disney vacation late august-early september. If my grandma books the vacation now using her CM discount will the discount still be valid when we take our vacation (she will not be working there during the summer)? We don't want to be suprised during check-in with extra charges.

Also I am trying to figure out if it is better to use the CM discount or the free dining discount. Any Thoughts?

Finally, Can you get a dining plan if you use a CM discount?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Captain Hank

In order to check-in with a Disney Cast Member discount, the valid Cast ID of the cast member that made that reservation must be presented to the front desk of your resort. Thus, your grandmother must be a CM at the time of your trip. Now, if she's just a seasonal CM, then it would be okay. As far as I know, she can fax a copy of her ID to the front desk of your resort a few days in advance. However, I believe it has to be a current ID (not a problem if she has a red ID, potentially a problem if she has a white ID).

As far as I'm aware, you can purchase the dining plan while staying with the CM discount.

Upvote 0

Captain Hank

I was told by a friend who's a Resorts CM that the Dining Plan cannot be purchased with a CM discount room.

-Rob
Hmmmm, I recall seeing a promotion on the Portal/Hub around Christmas saying that you could for stays in February/March. Could have been a one-time thing.

Edit: I just checked the portal. There was a promotion from 1/08-3/07 that allowed for a CM Discount dining plan. However, this promotion has expired.

Upvote 0

WDWFigment

I know it's been a while since this thread was last discussed, but is it possible to get the dining plan with a CM discounted resort room (assuming I purchase the obligatory park pass)? I know it's available with certain promotions, but can you get it otherwise?

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

Original Poster
Yes

I know it's been a while since this thread was last discussed, but is it possible to get the dining plan with a CM discounted resort room (assuming I purchase the obligatory park pass)? I know it's available with certain promotions, but can you get it otherwise?

I'm not sure on the detail of how they got it or what they had to buy to get it but my family did end up getting the employee discount though my Grandma for Late Aug/Early Sept.

Upvote 0

MickeyFan77

I don't think is can happen. I tried to get a CM discount resort and they were told that I could not get the dining plan even with paying for it full price. That was just about 3 months ago so maybe something has changed you have to have the CM ask.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Wonderful World of ID Colors

...not a problem if she has a red ID, potentially a problem if she has a white ID...

Yellow ID - Hourly Cast - 'A' discount
Blue ID - Salaried Cast - 'B' discount
Green ID - Participant Cast - no discount
Red ID - Contractor/Consultant - no discount
White ID - New hourly or salaried cast member - 'A' or 'B' discount

Upvote 0

monorail256

Yellow ID - Hourly Cast - 'A' discount
Blue ID - Salaried Cast - 'B' discount
Green ID - Participant Cast - no discount
Red ID - Contractor/Consultant - no discount
White ID - New hourly or salaried cast member - 'A' or 'B' discount

The red ID is actually the seasonal CM form of identification... I have one.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom