Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek - Thoughts?

Tom P.

Original Poster
Hey folks,

We are a large family (8 people) and although we love staying on property and have always done so in the past, it is just getting to the point where it is too cost prohibitive for us. It's either book a couple of standard rooms and be completely cramped or book a 2- or 3-bedroom DVC villa and, even if renting points, pay through the nose for it. So we are, for the first time, looking at off-property options.

I'm curious for thoughts, experiences, etc. regarding Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. At first glance, it looks like a great option for us since it is still basically inside the Disney bubble, which we love, but at significantly less money than going on-property. Even renting DVC points through someplace like DVC Rental Store, it looks like it would basically be double what the equivalent accommodations would be over at Club Wyndham. We're probably looking at going in early September and we'd probably be looking at a 2- or 3-bedroom suite.

So... thoughts? There are tons of YouTube videos and such out there, but I'd love to hear from people here who have actually stayed there.

Thanks!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I stayed about 4 years ago in a 1 bedroom villa at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The room was very nice. The pools and lazy river were excellent and very relaxing. If I recall, there was also a small mini-golf course that we used an a few other recreational amenities that we enjoyed. There's no real theming, although they do some decorating at the holidays, etc.

Dining options were unimpressive, and the transportation options are not close to what they are at Disney hotels. Neither was a problem for us as we always rent a car.

We would certainly stay there again if the timing and prices worked. That said, we generally rent a house in Kissimmee for our group of 6. Saves money and gives us much more space.

Tom P.

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback! Like you, we will have a car with us, so we're not as worried about the transportation situation. Mostly, my main concern is not having that feeling of being "in the Disney bubble," but for our size family, the on-property options, even renting DVC points, are so expensive. That's why we started looking at this property, because it was right next to everything at Disney.

littlestar

We are Wyndham owners and DVC owners. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a favorite of ours. We love the units, lazy rivers, pools and slides, and great location. Wyndham has cracked down on owner point rentals during high demand times. So if you do a private rental from an owner, make sure it is either during a non priority demand time or the owner is using one of their allowed two guest certificates per year for high owner priority time for a guest. September should be low demand time.

docdebbi

It's the only thing that got us out of disney hotels. We LOVE this place. Like you we always have a car anyway so transportation not an issue. It also is the only thing that got us to start spending a whole day at our resort, the pools and lazy rivers, golf course, splash pad are so great, the kids just love spending a day there. Escudos has great food, it's a must for us every trip. The rooms have so much more space than a Disney room (not a villa) and always neat clean and well maintained. Ability to make quick breakfast in the room and get out the door is priceless. I can't recommend this place highly enough.
Also, we always rent from a company called vacation strategy, i found them on vrbo first time, have gone straight to them since then. They have lots of units and reputable company so you know you will really have a room, but half the price of booking directly with wyndham,

Eric Graham

It's also a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel, meaning that you can make Genie reservations at 7 along with the Disney Hotels. What a great extra perk!

MissingDisney

We've stayed there. It is a very nice hotel. Very friendly people that work there as well!

It's also a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel, meaning that you can make Genie reservations at 7 along with the Disney Hotels. What a great extra perk!

The Wyndham Grand is the hotel and is a "Gateway Hotel," previously knows as a "Good Neighbor" hotel.

Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek are timeshares (1, 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms) that can be rented as noted by @littlestar . Club Wyndham is completely separate from the Wyndham Grand Hotel, although they are on the same property and share amenities.

Those staying at Club Wyndham do not get any perks from Disney whatsoever.

Eric Graham

MissingDisney

Yes, those are from 2022 and early 2023. Per the Disney website, they recently changed the terminology to Gateway Hotels. Both of those independent, private organizations correctly list Wydham Grand, but not Club Wyndham, as @Tom P. was inquiring about. I wouldn't want him to reserve or book a stay at CWBC thinking he was getting any perks from Disney and then be disappointed.

Eric Graham

Does anyone know what rooms to request to be able to see Epcot from our rooms if we are getting a two bedroom?
Im not sure. We've stayed there before. Very nice hotel. Have you tried calling the 800 number or their number and asking specifically the question? I'm sure they would be happy to help! Some hotels around Orlando offer a Disney view, but when we stayed at this hotel in the past we did not ask for the view. Happy traveling!

MissingDisney

There are too many to list. You can see EPCOT from every building on the CWBC property, but not from every floor and from every unit. It depends on how high you are, which wing and which side you are facing. If an EPCOT view is specifically important to you, I would mention it at check-in. Room/location requests are not taken in advance and while I have found them to be extremely accommodating when they are able, it is simply a request and not a guarantee.

363sam

So if we're staying at the Wyndham bonnet creek timeshare resort (not the hotel), which my family is doing starting Jan 6, 2024, are we able to do the Genie thing at 7 am or do we have to wait until the park opens (what my wife just told me)? I think the answer is no but am a bit confused.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom