Club runDisney is a new membership program offering benefits at runDisney events

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Today was the 1st day for Gold level renewals/ upgrade/downgrade and all three levels were open when the page opened, but like many experience with races, Platinum level was sold out before most could complete their purchase.

I really thought rD would just allow any number of gold to upgrade and maybe cap it after that, then allow any number of Silver to upgrade to Gold. That would allow more people who want to join the club start out in Silver and maybe Gold.

Rteetz

Today was the 1st day for Gold level renewals/ upgrade/downgrade and all three levels were open when the page opened, but like many experience with races, Platinum level was sold out before most could complete their purchase.

I really thought rD would just allow any number of gold to upgrade and maybe cap it after that, then allow any number of Silver to upgrade to Gold. That would allow more people who want to join the club start out in Silver and maybe Gold.
Interesting, I really wonder how many of any will be open when things open to non existing members. Also shows how many people have found value and are renewing.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I wonder if early registration works as early race registration for APs and DVC members worked. Limited number of slots available and once those are filled, the races were "sold out" until general registration opened. All current members were guaranteed renewal of their existing level when that window opened. Limited spots available for upgrades and downgrades. Remainder will be available during general.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Interesting, I really wonder how many of any will be open when things open to non existing members. Also shows how many people have found value and are renewing.
For me, Gold was the only value I saw or needed as I really find value in signing up early and getting the races I want.
I have a POT under 2:15, I usually run Challenges with no desire wanting to add a 5K or yoga on that.

Surferboy567

Beginning in 2025, Club runDisney Memberships will span a traditional calendar year, beginning on January 1st and concluding on December 31st of the same year. This is different from our current season, which begins on October 1st and concludes on September 30th of the following calendar year.

As a courtesy to you, one of our current Members, this means you'll receive a 3-month extension to your current Membership, at no cost to you, which will now expire on December 31, 2024. There is no action required on your part—all current Members will automatically receive the additional 3 months of Membership.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Beginning in 2025, Club runDisney Memberships will span a traditional calendar year, beginning on January 1st and concluding on December 31st of the same year. This is different from our current season, which begins on October 1st and concludes on September 30th of the following calendar year.

As a courtesy to you, one of our current Members, this means you'll receive a 3-month extension to your current Membership, at no cost to you, which will now expire on December 31, 2024. There is no action required on your part—all current Members will automatically receive the additional 3 months of Membership.

That's great. Hopefully this means renewals won't start next month.

surfsupdon

I don’t doubt Disney for ClubrD or for making changes. It’s literally their way of making money for doing not much of anything. They don’t care about the majority of Guests, so pay to play and we will make your experience “better.”

Disney should make registration better.
Disney should make expo and merchandise better, more streamlined.
Runners should train and earn their corral placement.

Disney be better!!! Don’t charge for doing what you should do!!! And I’m not bitter at all- I’ve had success registering, buying merchandise, and participating/running since 2006. Clearly I love this branch.

Grrrrr. Just frustrates me they prey on people to pay this money to get benefits that should be expected.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I don’t doubt Disney for ClubrD or for making changes. It’s literally their way of making money for doing not much of anything. They don’t care about the majority of Guests, so pay to play and we will make your experience “better.”

Disney should make registration better.
Disney should make expo and merchandise better, more streamlined.
Runners should train and earn their corral placement.

Disney be better!!! Don’t charge for doing what you should do!!! And I’m not bitter at all- I’ve had success registering, buying merchandise, and participating/running since 2006. Clearly I love this branch.

Grrrrr. Just frustrates me they prey on people to pay this money to get benefits that should be expected.
So on the note of registration, I foresee changes happening maybe in the future for general signups. Currently club members no longer receive an email link to register but the link becomes active in our account day/time of sign ups. If rD has figured out the tech to do that for their club what's stopping them from doing a lottery like Boston and NYC and putting links in every ones account who gained access from the lottery.
I totally agree on the expo and merch to be better, I've never bought anything and I want to buy things.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So on the note of registration, I foresee changes happening maybe in the future for general signups. Currently club members no longer receive an email link to register but the link becomes active in our account day/time of sign ups. If rD has figured out the tech to do that for their club what's stopping them from doing a lottery like Boston and NYC and putting links in every ones account who gained access from the lottery.
I totally agree on the expo and merch to be better, I've never bought anything and I want to buy things.

For one, rD races aren't Boston, NYC or Chicago. Is the Marathon still a qualifier for the big 3?

Agree that both bib and shirt pickup need improvement. Frankly, ALL rD race merchandise should be preorder for those registered. Perhaps that will stop all the resellers. It would be nice to not fight the crowds to pick up an "I did it" shirt for each race. Any leftover merchandise after race weekend can go on the general Shop Disney website, as it has in the past.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
For one, rD races aren't Boston, NYC or Chicago. Is the Marathon still a qualifier for the big 3?

Agree that both bib and shirt pickup need improvement. Frankly, ALL rD race merchandise should be preorder for those registered. Perhaps that will stop all the resellers. It would be nice to not fight the crowds to pick up an "I did it" shirt for each race. Any leftover merchandise after race weekend can go on the general Shop Disney website, as it has in the past.
For every race weekend to sell out within 2 hours of opening leads one to believe the demand for these races are high and remain high. Which I'm curious about if rD knows what their actual demand is for their race weekends from the # of IP addresses in queue. Was it NY or Boston that had 100,000 people enter the lottery this year and only 20% got in?
The preordering I totally agree with and it seems like they're getting better with the offerings. The resellers, I can't remember but did rD start putting limits on stuff yet? I never can find my size in anything I like, goes figure that everyone likes it too.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For every race weekend to sell out within 2 hours of opening leads one to believe the demand for these races are high and remain high. Which I'm curious about if rD knows what their actual demand is for their race weekends from the # of IP addresses in queue. Was it NY or Boston that had 100,000 people enter the lottery this year and only 20% got in?
The preordering I totally agree with and it seems like they're getting better with the offerings. The resellers, I can't remember but did rD start putting limits on stuff yet? I never can find my size in anything I like, goes figure that everyone likes it too.

I think races sell out faster in anniversary years. And long time participants won't be happy if rD switches to a lottery system like Boston, NYC, Chicago or other majors.

I'm pretty sure they are gathering data based on the address of each registrant and affiliate memberships.

They don't even bother to take photos of those running the challenges anymore. I was shocked that no one checked my bib when I finished a challenge to make sure I actually finished both races. Why bother putting a timing chip on the back of your bib if you're not going to be verified?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom