Club Level?

stratman50th

I first heard the term last year when we were at the Poly. I've read the propaganda on the Disney site, and have some vague idea, but what exactly is "Club Level"? Are they physically located in different buildings or locations than the "normal" rooms? Are the rooms any different? What is included if you stay in Club Level?

bmarkelon

It is pretty expensive. The rooms usually have their own level/floor in the resort. We stayed at club level at WL a few years ago. We had to put our room key into the slot in the elevator to be allowed on. There is a lounge where throughout the day there are different food offerings. A nice continental breakfast, afternoon snack and evening cocktails and food.

There is a bed turndown service every day. It is pretty fancy but I don't know that it's really worth the extra cost, my opinion.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Original Poster
It is pretty expensive. The rooms usually have their own level/floor in the resort. We stayed at club level at WL a few years ago. We had to put our room key into the slot in the elevator to be allowed on. There is a lounge where throughout the day there are different food offerings. A nice continental breakfast, afternoon snack and evening cocktails and food.

There is a bed turndown service every day. It is pretty fancy but I don't know that it's really worth the extra cost, my opinion.
Room size and appointments the same as all others at the resort? I guess more in the area of service than actual physical differences?

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Room size and appointments the same as all others at the resort? I guess more in the area of service than actual physical differences?
Sorry, I totally skipped that part of your question. We stayed in a 1BR suite which I do not know for sure, but it looks like these rooms are only available at Club Level. It is something that it a little harder to find information on, I noticed this when we had booked this trip.
We just booked a few nights extension to our next trip at the Poly and when booking I saw these same types of suites only available at club level as well.
Not sure if that helps or not. :)

Upvote 0

tampabrad

Suites are usually "club level." Some resorts will have club level rooms that are larger than a standard room.

Staying club level you get a more private check in as you are greeted at the resort entrance and walked up to the club level check in. After you book, the concierage usually contacts you to make any dining or arangements.

After arrival, there are food offerings in the club lounge. Usually a continental breakfast, with juice, breads, cereal and sometimes a hot item. Lunch is usually light snacks, sodas, beer and wine. Dinner is usually appetizers from a restaurant in the resort, dips, wine and beer. And, late night, up until 10pm ish, is light snacks, deserts, beer, wine and cordials.

You also have turn down service with candies on your pillow and a little "good night" card.

As for being worth it??? It depends on if you are going to take advantage of the food offerings. If you are going to be in the parks all day and night, I don't think it is worth it. If you return to the hotel during the day, it is worth it.

I like to stay club level when the parks have shorter hours. I use it for breakfast and then usually for an appetizer before dinner. It is nice to have them help with ADRs as well.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Original Poster
Suites are usually "club level." Some resorts will have club level rooms that are larger than a standard room.

Staying club level you get a more private check in as you are greeted at the resort entrance and walked up to the club level check in. After you book, the concierage usually contacts you to make any dining or arangements.

After arrival, there are food offerings in the club lounge. Usually a continental breakfast, with juice, breads, cereal and sometimes a hot item. Lunch is usually light snacks, sodas, beer and wine. Dinner is usually appetizers from a restaurant in the resort, dips, wine and beer. And, late night, up until 10pm ish, is light snacks, deserts, beer, wine and cordials.

You also have turn down service with candies on your pillow and a little "good night" card.

As for being worth it??? It depends on if you are going to take advantage of the food offerings. If you are going to be in the parks all day and night, I don't think it is worth it. If you return to the hotel during the day, it is worth it.

I like to stay club level when the parks have shorter hours. I use it for breakfast and then usually for an appetizer before dinner. It is nice to have them help with ADRs as well.

Thanks, great info! Do you have a better chance at success with short notice reservations when staying in Club Level, or should you have already taken care of that 6 months ahead of time?

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

If you plan to take advantage of the concierge level planning services the sooner you book the better. It's possible to upgrade to the club level as late as when you're checking in if there's availability. It just depends on when you're going & how long & all.

At the Poly I believe the club level rooms are all in one building of their own.

One of my favorite perks from our club level stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge was the package delivery to your room. Instead of picking up your purchases at your resort gift shop they are delivered to your room. It was so nice to make a purchase and have it magically appear in our room the next day. :wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

If you plan to take advantage of the concierge level planning services the sooner you book the better. It's possible to upgrade to the club level as late as when you're checking in if there's availability. It just depends on when you're going & how long & all.

At the Poly I believe the club level rooms are all in one building of their own.

One of my favorite perks from our club level stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge was the package delivery to your room. Instead of picking up your purchases at your resort gift shop they are delivered to your room. It was so nice to make a purchase and have it magically appear in our room the next day. :wave:

Those were the days...when your package would always appear on your bed. And I am talking for everyone not just club level. That was so nice. Now I go to the gift shop and end up spending MORE money picking up packages...I always see something new I HAVE to have!!!!! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

durangojim

We were upgraded for free last October to a Club level room at the Beach Club. The room itself was no nicer, you just had access to the pseudo concierge who can make reservations at restaurants and shows for you as long as they're not booked. Unlike real concierges they don't have any pull and can't get you into places that are booked up. You also have access to the lounge which has snacks, breakfast, some hors d'ouvres in the evening and alcoholic beverages. That was nice, but I would never pay to stay in a club level room. To me it's not worth the extra money.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

It depends on the cost for us. The one time we did club level at Animal Kingdom Lodge it was because the price difference from what we had already booked, savana view w/bunks, to club level was maybe an additional $100 for the length of the stay (not per night) which was like 8 nights. That was a no-brainer! :D

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Been Club Level at BoardWalk several times, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Polynesian, and Wilderness Lodge.

Yacht/Beach Club Level was terrible. Small cramped lounges/views with minimal food offerings and not that great common areas.

Polynesian used to be great, now it is not.

BoardWalk Inn has great Club Level--excellent CMs, a great Lounge/view, and good food from the restaurants downstairs.

Is it worth the extra price?? No. But we still do it regularly.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

A wonderful treat! I stayed club level at the Grand last year; the entire experience was wonderful. From not having to check in, being greeted in person at the bus stop to the wonderful offerings throughout the day!

The perks of the main building at the GF were excellent as well; could just look out and down into the lobby, hear the band or the piano playing! I can't speak highly enough to the service.

It is expensive, but a nice thing to treat yourself to if you're able!

I enjoyed it so much; I booked club level at the Grand again for this June!

Upvote 0

Mukta

I was upgraded to club level at the Beach Club for free in 2008 when I took my godkids for thier first trip.
The breakfast each morning was great. The kids were fed before we started our day. We never took advantage of the other things because we were at the parks from open to close.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Those were the days...when your package would always appear on your bed. And I am talking for everyone not just club level.
I really miss those days. We use to buy a load of stuff and our bed would be full of packages. Now you have to go out of your way to pickup. Sometime we just carry it around mainly because there isn't as many decent items.

I was upgraded to club level at the Beach Club for free in 2008 when I took my godkids for thier first trip.
The breakfast each morning was great. The kids were fed before we started our day. We never took advantage of the other things because we were at the parks from open to close.
We were upgraded to CL at the Beach Club in 2008 as well. It was Sept, BC just finished an upgrade and rooms opened up. It was very cool. We were greeted at outside and we knew something good was going to happen.

The next year we stayed at AKL with CL. This option gives you a Savanah View. So it wasn't much more expensive than a regular Savanah View.

Upvote 0

debpeduz

We have stayed at club level in Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, BEach Club and Boardwalk. All were great experiences for us. We always leave the park in the middle of the day, so for us, the food was something we always took advantage of, even on top of our ADR's. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

We have stayed at club level in Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, BEach Club and Boardwalk. All were great experiences for us. We always leave the park in the middle of the day, so for us, the food was something we always took advantage of, even on top of our ADR's. We would do it again in a heartbeat.
It is a good deal if you are willing to return to the resort throughout the day. The best offerings are around 7pm and you can get nice offerings of resort specialities. For example AKL CL has zebra domes. We would always stock up on drinks and desserts which offset the cost a little.

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

IMO it's great if you can afford it. We paid for club level at AKL because we wanted to do the sunrise safari & that was the only way you could book it. Not sure if they still have that available.
We were upgraded to club level at Beach Club, which was a really nice surprise, but we didn't utilize it to it's full potential.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have done the Club Level a few times and it is a great experience. The one I liked best of the bunch so far that i personally have experienced was the Contemporary. I thought the food offerings were outstanding, especially those chocolate minicupcakes, and the wine and appetizers served at night. I had a car that trip so we did make good use of the lounge but ended up not doing as much on the park side because of it. I got to speak with several of the concierge cast members and they couldnt have been nicer. It is definitely the way to go to have a VIP Experience. Marie

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I thought Club Level was a complete waste of money. At least at the Wilderness Lodge. The rooms are exactly the same, except you get cheap bathrobes and a DVD player. The food is so not worth the money. Gummy bears, goldfish, soda, cookies. It's a joke. Night time was a bit better, but one thing we thought was absurd was, they close certain hours of the day.

We considered staying CL for our upcoming trip to the Grand Floridian, but it makes no sense. Sugarloaf in the outside building isn't that much of a ripoff, but the views from the rooms aren't very good. The Royal Palm is the way to go, but for a room with a view of the Magic Kingdom, they want over $800 per night. That's insane.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I LOVED coming home after a day at the parks to seeing the package waiting on my bed. :)

So, is concierge level the same as club? I was curious because AKL has it and it is considerably more. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom