Club Level Boardwalk or Grand Floridian

Gorjus

if you had a choice of club level at Boardwalk or club level at an outer building at Grand Floridian, which would you choose and why? I'd really like some responses from people who've actually stayed at either. But if you know of them, pipe in.

gatordoc

I thought the club level at the Boardwalk was outstanding, perhaps the best of the several I've tried at WDW. It's especially nice if you get a Boardwalk view room. At least IMHO, the Grand Floridian is overpriced and overrated. Plus, I wouldn't like the inconvenience of having to walk in from an outside building, especially for breakfast.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love the Boardwalk and will always vouch for it. It's a great hotel that's always so...alive. There's always a lot going on. But, the Boardwalk is my favorite resort, so I'm a bit biased.

For my taste, the Grand Floridian is stuffy and over-priced.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

BoardWalk. It is exceptional! Puts every other concierge level Resort to shame.

The concierge staff are incredibe. They are some of the friendliest CMs we have ever met. They will know your first name and stop to talk regularly. The lounge is brand new, very large, and thoughtfully laid out. The balcony overlooks the gardens behind the Resort, with the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Everything was just recently refurbished.

Pete, Jackie, and the other Club level CMs are fantasticly friendly.

Check out the reviews on WDWMAGIC. There is a reason that BoardWalk concierge is reccomended by 100% of all posters, and that it has the highest satisfaction number.

We are already booked for Concierge in October at BoardWalk for the third time. You will not be dissappointed. Keep an eye out for discounts too; we have been fortunate to have discounts applied to the Club Level rooms.

Upvote 0

jiminy.cricket

So I've never had experience at a Disney resort, but I've always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk because of the location, atmosphere, and everything! *Sigh.* It makes me cry thinking about it.

Upvote 0

DMDK

I've done both and would have to say the BWI club level is better than the Sugar Loaf club level at the GF. The main building club level at the GF is very convenient if you can stay there....

Upvote 0

Gorjus

Original Poster
Thanks so much for your responses. Is Boardwalk club level in the main building? Are there club levels at some of the outer buildings?

If you are club level at GFla, do you have to go to the main tower for amenities? Do they not have the cocktails and breakfast in the outer buildings?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

BoardWalk is in the main building, on the 4th floor. It is the same price for a Garden View or a BoardWalk/Lagoon View. So when booking, be specific to request a Lagoon View b/c it costs the same as a Garden View.

The Innkeepers Club is perfectly laid out b/c there are numerous sitting areas outside the lounge itself, and the main lounge is very large and very comfortable. The Concierge staff will bend over backwards for you.

Yacht and Beach Club Concierge is very weak. I can only compare BoardWalk to them. BoardWalk shines.

Sorry I can't answer your Grand Floridian questions, but haven't stayed there. My aunt and uncle's family much prefer BoardWalk over Grand Flo for many of the same reasons I've stated in previous posts.

Upvote 0

NMBC1993

I know this isn't a choice but Polynesian Concierge is the best of all:p Their whole lounge looks right out onto the seven seas lagoon, perfect for wishes. And that passion fruit/mango juice......so good!!!:slurp:

...but if I had to pick, I'd say Boardwalk

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I know this isn't a choice but Polynesian Concierge is the best of all:p Their whole lounge looks right out onto the seven seas lagoon, perfect for wishes. And that passion fruit/mango juice......so good!!!:slurp:

...but if I had to pick, I'd say Boardwalk

I've recently seen a trend of dissappointment with the Poly Concierge. I agree that Poly was tops, but more and more I've read reports of not quite as helpful CMs and changes to menus, the food not being as extravagant. I concur that the Poly prolly does have the best Concierge Lounge View.

Various message boards and rate and review sections, this Website included, illustrate the Poly slipping to number two in rankings for satisfaction, behind the BoardWalk. Not a big deal, but the CMs at BoardWalk Concierge really are top notch---each review mentions them by name.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom