Club floor at the Polynesian?

SMS44

Original Poster
My family and I are in the process of booking a last minute trip to Disney for the end of the month. We have a 2yr old and a 6yr old, and have been many times before. We like to stay on the monorail so we can get back and forth, but I wanted to check with the board on something.....the club level room at the Polynesian? Is it worth it? My thoughts are we could grab some breakfast there in the AM and the lounge would be a nice feature....Has anyone done this? Thoughts? Thanks so much!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My family and I are in the process of booking a last minute trip to Disney for the end of the month. We have a 2yr old and a 6yr old, and have been many times before. We like to stay on the monorail so we can get back and forth, but I wanted to check with the board on something.....the club level room at the Polynesian? Is it worth it? My thoughts are we could grab some breakfast there in the AM and the lounge would be a nice feature....Has anyone done this? Thoughts? Thanks so much!

We stayed club level at the Poly in May in celebration of our anniversary, so we did not fret about the extra expense since it was a special occasion. It was very convenient to have a continental breakfast in the lounge and we enjoyed the other drinks and snacks provided throughout the day. The lounge area is gorgeous, with a two-story window that overlooks the beach and Seven Seas lagoon. You can also see Cinderella Castle. At night you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the fireworks (with soundtrack) from the lounge.

The guest rooms had recently been refurbished which was also a big plus.

We plan our vacations ourselves, so having access to a personal concierge was not necessary for us. But all the club CMs were very friendly and eager to assist.

KeithVH

We've stayed at Hawaii many times. And even though we are now enthralled with GF club level, I would heartily recommend Poly club level. Especially with the little ones. Breakfast with them will be a lot easier in the lounge. And even with all the changes in the last few years it's still the best evening meal of any club level. Good strategy for saving money is do TS for lunch and eat a dinner snack in the lounge. All things considered, I would say it's worth it. To save money, do garden view. Depending on when, you stand at least a fair chance of an upgrade to lagoon view.

SMS44

Original Poster
Thanks for the information! KeithVH, what is the best way to get an upgrade? Just ask? Thanks to you and Tuvalu for your insight on this.

DisneyDebNJ

We do club level at the Poly once a year and LOVE it!! (However, are changing resorts this year to WLV for something different) You can certainly grab donuts, cereal, coffee and fruit every morning before hitting the parks. Lunch .... well, nothing much is offered, but night service is wonderful! Lots to choose from!!! In the evening, you can do a cocktail, or soda too, while watching the fireworks. Just awesome! We have always stayed in the Hawaii building, all views, and personally, garden view (kind of overlooks the quiet pool) is more economical. To pay close to $1000 more to see the castle, when you can always walk to the beach, just didn't make sense. In a word... YES, Club Level is definately worth the dollars!!! Have a wonderful trip!!!!

SMS44

Original Poster
Thanks Deb, the last two times we have gone we have stayed at the GF, and while we love it there, wanted something different this time, so we have gone with the Poly!

KeithVH

Personal note - up until our last trip, at Hawaii you could always get fresh pineapple and caramel sauce at dinner too. My one consolation for the loss of that dessert at 'Ohana. I made sure to ALWAYS take advantage of that perk. Not sure if they've changed this or not.

As for upgrades, that's a tough one. We always have gone early December and, until recently, occupancy hasn't been that high. But over the years, club level has become much more popular. Last year, one of the CMs told me Jan-Apr was 100% occupancy. Factors like when you arrive, for how long, and what will be available all play in to this. Plus the mood of the CM. the best you can do is be really nice to them, engage in conversation, catch them at check-in when they're not rushed and hope for the best. Depending on conditions, it doesn't hurt to ask as long as it's done nicely.

ProfSlim

My family has stayed in the Hawaii building several times. The value and "worth" is dependent on your definition of value. I look at it from a pure $$$ perspective.
Since the rooms are no different than other LHs and you get (perhaps) a little more personalized treatment I relate the value directly to the food and drink value. If you take advantage of the continental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, apps and deserts at night, as well a fair amount of libations during the day (yes, you can get a beer at 11am, just need to ask :) ) then it certainly pays for itself and more... If you only slightly take advantage of this (say breakfast...and maybe a beer or glass of wine per day) then you'll need to find value in some of the other intangibles such as location to the pool and beach, able to watch MK fireworks from inside (if the weather is not cooperating), etc..
I personally find it worth the extra $$$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom