club cool?

lazyboy97o

why not sell them in the country they are from like
Beverly in Italy pavillion
Mezzo Mix in Germany pavillion
Smart Watermelon in China pavillion
Vegitabeta in Japan pavillion
I have always found it so odd that this is not done. They sell appropriate alcoholic drinks and bottled drinks, at least in the Japan Pavilion.

And for fans of Mezzo Mix, the Cast Members at the Germany pavilion will gladly make you a spezi if you ask for it, Coke and Fanta Orange mixed.

AlishaMisha

for the record, Vegitabeta is no longer offered at CC and hasn't been for quite a while. Oddly enough if you ask anyone in Japan(the country, not the pavilion) they will tell you they have no idea what it is. I contacted Coca-Cola years ago with no response. So ordering it outside of Disney is out of the question. Oh how I miss it :cry:

TinkRBell427

Okay, okay. I'm a seasonal cm in this area and I have to tell you that yes, sadly, you can only sample the drinks with the cups provided.
And even though I work there maybe 2 days out of the year, I always get this question about why Disney doesn't sell the drinks. Sadly, again, I have no answer. I would love it if CC sold Apple Lift!
And in regards to Vegitabeta, we were still in stock in November. I refilled the syrup at least once that day. I guess I'll check that in a couple of weeks when I'm down there!;)
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the cave! I didn't work there when it was there, but from what other cast members in the area have told me (and guests) it was a bit too messy. i guess too much snow?

plaz10

nono, you missed the point of my question. the question was why they don't sell the international drinks in the store itself? i understand the coke sales decreasing, but why not sell the drinks that they're offering samples of?

Oops my bad. Yes you would think that the selling of the sample drinks in larger sizes would be a no-brainer. I'm sure that the lack of larger quantities of the beverages leads to people filling up mugs with the international flavors. Who wouldn't want to bring home a big bottle of Beverly for all your friends and family to try? :lookaroun

Funfy

I've heard rumors that Disney gets their Coke free. Disney allows them to be exclusive, Coke gives their syrup for all their fountain drinks free. Sounds like a good deal to me!

I work for Coca-Cola and I assure you Disney does not get their Cokes for free! They are one of our largest customers and all of our other customers would sue-we are held under several regualtions as to pricing, competition, etc. No customers get Cokes for free.

Also, the main reason they don't sell the international brands is because they are truly international brands-only bottled in international bottlers to local-regional taste. The cost of shipping the beverage is prohibitive and local US bottlers know their market's taste. As much fun as Beverly is-it would not sell here in the states-but in Italy-huge! Some do cross over, but, it is rare.

juniorthomas

so i was up at disney for the marathon weekend in the beginning of january, and went to club cool for the first time in years. it was very 'cool', for lack of better word, and i was glad we spent five of our precious epcot minutes in there. however, i was confused about the marketing aspect of the entire thing.

why doesn't coca cola actually sell the drinks that you can sample there? wouldn't that make sense, since the international drinks are from their company?.. after drinking shot after shot of smart watermelon, i wasn't exactly in the mood to buy one of the many coke's they were selling there, even if they were in oh-so-fancy glass bottles. does anyone else get what i'm saying? wouldn't it be a marketing steal, for them to sell the international drinks? maybe i'm missing something. :shrug:

That completely makes sense. But to be honest, I think CC is there so people can drink Beverly.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I like Club Cool, except for the floor...they need to invent some super-non-sticky surface for when the soda gets spilled on the floor...I feel for the workers who have to constantly mop it!

wolf359

It wasn't a "mummy" but a caveman frozen in the ice wall as you entered. The snow cave became a nightmere for safety issues so it was nixed.

I can believe that. I nearly busted my ______ every time I went in through the ice cave. It was neat, but not the most practical way in.

mjmyers10

If anybody has a Wegman's Supermarket by them, mine (Collegeville, PA) has a whole aisle dedicated to international items. When I was in there today, I was looking at the selection and you can purchase Mezzo Mix by the can. It's a little expensive ($1.69 for 1 can), but it is available. I'll make sure I keep checking back to see if they get other flavors.

trr1

If anybody has a Wegman's Supermarket by them, mine (Collegeville, PA) has a whole aisle dedicated to international items. When I was in there today, I was looking at the selection and you can purchase Mezzo Mix by the can. It's a little expensive ($1.69 for 1 can), but it is available. I'll make sure I keep checking back to see if they get other flavors.
he'll that alot cheeper than a soda at the movie theater or at the theme parks

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought the available merchandise was ________ poor in both quality and variety, so getting them to import sugary syrups to mix with carbonated water is just too big an ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom