Club Cool Closing? (FALSE RUMOR)

RSoxNo1

Club Cool is usually a once per trip visit/walk through. I'd miss it, but I don't think it's unreasonable to have the space be better used.

NowInc

I think you missed the point. None of these sodas are served anywhere in the United States. Hence, the uniqueness. If you can buy any of these at WalMart, I'd be very impressed.

Also, the sodas are free. At WDW, this is also very unique ;)

not 100% true. Mezzo is available in some grocery stores in the US (its slowly gaining its well deserved popularity outside of just the german market)

Wikkler

Oh wait I just realized another option besides getting Mezzo Mix at Club Cool.
ORANGE COKE AT THE COKE FREESTYLE MACHINES IN UNIVERSAL!
(and even in my hometown)

amazingwdw

I have never been in a Ghirardelli's that doesn't hand out chocolate square samples but this would be a massive amount of people and chocolate to give out in a park. The venue doesn't exactly lend itself nicely either to selling bags of chocolate that would melt all day long in the bag.

There is a Ghirardelli in DCA and they were handing out free samples. I was unable to walk through the door without getting at least two free pieces each time (I may have been circling the building ;)).
The store was busy, but even with a 50% sale on all the bags of chocolate, no one was buying it :oops:
I mean... who wouldn't want to carry a 5 lb. bag of melted chocolate around all day :rolleyes:

Jseven

not 100% true. Mezzo is available in some grocery stores in the US (its slowly gaining its well deserved popularity outside of just the german market)
I'm also certain you can find Fanta in almost any major grocery store here in the States and a handful of major fast food chains. I always wondered why they thought this soda was unique to Costa Rica.

danv3

You can't even find Beverly in Italy. I tried. I even asked several Italians, and most of them had never heard of it!

MOXOMUMD

I think you missed the point. None of these sodas are served anywhere in the United States. Hence, the uniqueness. If you can buy any of these at WalMart, I'd be very impressed.

Also, the sodas are free. At WDW, this is also very unique ;)
The Lift Apple is available at our grocery store in the international section.

NowInc

Oh wait I just realized another option besides getting Mezzo Mix at Club Cool.
ORANGE COKE AT THE COKE FREESTYLE MACHINES IN UNIVERSAL!
(and even in my hometown)

Freestyle machines are pretty much the standard here all over Florida. However..sad to say that Orange Coke is hardly the same as Mezzo (Mezzo is more than just orange)

nc_disneyfreak

late to the conversation as usual lol....my family and I loved club cool when we first went to WDW in april of 2010! We had so much fun trying all the different flavors and taking a break from the hot sun for a few minutes. It was so much fun that when we made our second trip in april of 2012, it was on our list and we couldn't miss it. Were coming back to WDW next april and we really hope its still there. I can understand why they would turn it into something else, as the profits may not be there and like others have said, the novelty has gone (for returning guests that is)....hopefully we can see it one last time next spring to grab some pictures of the place

NowInc

Why do people always talk about me like I live in Florida or something...

Sorry. I wasn't intentionally implying that with my post. The point I was trying to make was that pretty soon those freestyle machines are going to be standard everywhere (for some reason they have been widespread here in FL for a few years now before most other places), and that although orange coke is delicious, its not mezzo.

Dwarful

well we would really miss Club Cool. It's always been a must do for us every trip..way back to the igloo days. I actually remember my husband being disappointed when they removed the frigid walk through to get to CC drinks. I agree that there are too many goodies in WS to lure me into ice cream...even G. treats.

Wikkler

I am just going to say now that I don't think I'll ever go back to Atlanta. If I want hot and humid at least I need to be able to actually do something there. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom