Club Access??

Zé_Carioca

So with Club you get everything a standard room offers (transportation, amenities etc) PLUS concierge service and access to the club lounge. Also, on most resorts club level rooms have a better location as most are on the top level and you therefore usually get a better view.

The concierge service means that you will have a special group of CMs catering specifically to you and other club members, I usually get a call a month in advance of my trip from their team offering to help me with anything for my trip. They will also have their own check-in/check-out/concierge table available for you during your trip to help with anything. Also club level offers the 90 day paid FP option.

The club lounge usually has nice tables and couches where you can lounge during the day and most have a spot specific for fireworks viewing. In terms of food they offer continental breakfast, light snacks during the day, hors d'oeuvres at night with drinks and a dessert service closer to 9 pm.

I have been to a couple different club levels at resorts if you have any specific questions!

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
So with Club you get everything a standard room offers (transportation, amenities etc) PLUS concierge service and access to the club lounge. Also, on most resorts club level rooms have a better location as most are on the top level and you therefore usually get a better view.

The concierge service means that you will have a special group of CMs catering specifically to you and other club members, I usually get a call a month in advance of my trip from their team offering to help me with anything for my trip. They will also have their own check-in/check-out/concierge table available for you during your trip to help with anything. Also club level offers the 90 day paid FP option.

The club lounge usually has nice tables and couches where you can lounge during the day and most have a spot specific for fireworks viewing. In terms of food they offer continental breakfast, light snacks during the day, hors d'oeuvres at night with drinks and a dessert service closer to 9 pm.

I have been to a couple different club levels at resorts if you have any specific questions!
Thanks for the info. We're starting to look at planning for our daughters senior trip in 2020. I noticed that the Coronado Tower offered Club level and was curious what was offered. Not sure we'll go that route; we're definitely checking out all our options.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Thanks for the info. We're starting to look at planning for our daughters senior trip in 2020. I noticed that the Coronado Tower offered Club level and was curious what was offered. Not sure we'll go that route; we're definitely checking out all our options.
For sure! Researching the best option is important.

I'm actually staying there club level next month if you want photos/info afterwards.

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

Here’s my opinion on club level access:
It depends on how you will utilize the perks. We just returned from our trip and we stayed at the YC on the club level. We have two small children and frequently take breaks at the hotel from the parks. Given that fact the club level was a great value to us because we can use the lounge amenities in order to recharge. Additionally, it was nice to come back from an evening at the parks and have some great desserts and a glass of wine to unwind. There will come a time that we will not use the club level but that will be when our kids are older and we are in the parks for longer periods of time. Hopefully this helps.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Here’s my opinion on club level access:
It depends on how you will utilize the perks. We just returned from our trip and we stayed at the YC on the club level. We have two small children and frequently take breaks at the hotel from the parks. Given that fact the club level was a great value to us because we can use the lounge amenities in order to recharge. Additionally, it was nice to come back from an evening at the parks and have some great desserts and a glass of wine to unwind. There will come a time that we will not use the club level but that will be when our kids are older and we are in the parks for longer periods of time. Hopefully this helps.
Maybe when the kids were younger this would have been a great option for us. Our kids are older now and one loves to stay in the parks until closing. Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

CLEtoWDW

Maybe when the kids were younger this would have been a great option for us. Our kids are older now and one loves to stay in the parks until closing. Thanks for the info!
You bet.
One other perk that could come in handy is the ability to purchase extra FP. We did this during our last trip and it gave us a 90 day window for all our FP bookings! This was a huge advantage and we were able to get every single FP we wanted without any tier restrictions. Well worth the cost IMO.

Upvote 0

Tinker218

My husband and I love the club lounge at the Boardwalk. We take full advantage of the food offerings there. They have really upped their game in the past 2 years. Mornings now consist of the normal pastries, fruit, bagels, cheeses and meats, but the have now included quiches and soft boiled eggs along with other egg dishes. On Sunday mornings a chef is in the lounge cooking omelets and eggs to order. There is also a Bloody Mary bar.
Afternoons you will find small sandwiches along with crudités and homemade chips, trail mix to make and take, cookies, etc. the evenings are the best part. They have a chef cooking delicious appetizers. We have had, wagu beef, filet mignon, ny strip, sea bass, scallops, seasonal risotto, vegetable pasta and many homemade soups. They are always encouraging you to eat as much as you want.

We usually have a table service lunch and will nibble in the lounge for dinner. There is also a refrigerator filled with soft drinks, beer and juices to take. Wine is available in the evening, but you can request if it is not out. Our main reason for staying at the BW though is the cast members! They are by far the best on property.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
My husband and I love the club lounge at the Boardwalk. We take full advantage of the food offerings there. They have really upped their game in the past 2 years. Mornings now consist of the normal pastries, fruit, bagels, cheeses and meats, but the have now included quiches and soft boiled eggs along with other egg dishes. On Sunday mornings a chef is in the lounge cooking omelets and eggs to order. There is also a Bloody Mary bar.
Afternoons you will find small sandwiches along with crudités and homemade chips, trail mix to make and take, cookies, etc. the evenings are the best part. They have a chef cooking delicious appetizers. We have had, wagu beef, filet mignon, ny strip, sea bass, scallops, seasonal risotto, vegetable pasta and many homemade soups. They are always encouraging you to eat as much as you want.

We usually have a table service lunch and will nibble in the lounge for dinner. There is also a refrigerator filled with soft drinks, beer and juices to take. Wine is available in the evening, but you can request if it is not out. Our main reason for staying at the BW though is the cast members! They are by far the best on property.
Wow! That sounds delicious and would you really need a dining plan with that amount of food.:)

Upvote 0

Tinker218

Wow! That sounds delicious and would you really need a dining plan with that amount of food.:)
We don’t get a dinning plan at all, waste of money for us! The price we pay for the club level really is worth it for us. Depending on the time of year we go we may only have two or three sit down meals. We can always find something to eat in the lounge. Most of the time if we don’t, we will walk over to Epcot and eat a counter service, but it doesn’t happen often!

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
We don’t get a dinning plan at all, waste of money for us! The price we pay for the club level really is worth it for us. Depending on the time of year we go we may only have two or three sit down meals. We can always find something to eat in the lounge. Most of the time if we don’t, we will walk over to Epcot and eat a counter service, but it doesn’t happen often!
No dining plan would definitely make Club Level more appealing. Instead of scheduling days around where we have reservations to dine we could just eat at club level and pick something up in the parks if needed. We always go back to our room for some swim time and a fresh change of clothes in the afternoon before heading out for the night. Maybe we will consider club level at some point. Thanks again for your insight.

Upvote 0

Tinker218

No dining plan would definitely make Club Level more appealing. Instead of scheduling days around where we have reservations to dine we could just eat at club level and pick something up in the parks if needed. We always go back to our room for some swim time and a fresh change of clothes in the afternoon before heading out for the night. Maybe we will consider club level at some point. Thanks again for your insight.
You are welcome. Not all the deluxe resorts have the chef. I have stayed at the Beach Club with my son and his family and we have not been as happy with the offerings, or the cast. Next March I have convinced my daughter-in-law to return to the Boardwalk!

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
You are welcome. Not all the deluxe resorts have the chef. I have stayed at the Beach Club with my son and his family and we have not been as happy with the offerings, or the cast. Next March I have convinced my daughter-in-law to return to the Boardwalk!
We’ve never stayed at Boardwalk; some day though. With the chef, are the food options the same daily or do they change?

Upvote 0

andrew870

Our family stays club for the service. The food and drink is nice , but the service is great. For example, we wanted an item that we saw in one of the parks and were to tired to get back out that evening. The concierge sent a "runner" to get the item for us (they did charge our account for it). I was just stunned by this service . So I stay club for the personal service.......and wine.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

Original Poster
Our family stays club for the service. The food and drink is nice , but the service is great. For example, we wanted an item that we saw in one of the parks and were to tired to get back out that evening. The concierge sent a "runner" to get the item for us (they did charge our account for it). I was just stunned by this service . So I stay club for the personal service.......and wine.
And the wine 🍷...😂

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom