News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

tl77

I saw the scrims are down in Adventureland. Is the building now larger than the Skipper's Canteen expansion? I can remember back in the day when it was still the Adventureland Veranda, there was open air seating along this side of the building and a walk way in front to Liberty Square, it was a great fireworks viewing area back then
club 33.jpg

MickeyMinnieMom

New to this on this site -- Mods please remove if this is not ok to post. I posted a thread elsewhere asking about the rules -- no response yet.

Google "Facade Unveiled for New Club 33 Location in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom" and you'll see a lot more pics that give a bit of a sense of size, I think.

MickeyMan36

I saw the scrims are down in Adventureland. Is the building now larger than the Skipper's Canteen expansion? I can remember back in the day when it was still the Adventureland Veranda, there was open air seating along this side of the building and a walk way in front to Liberty Square, it was a great fireworks viewing area back then
View attachment 312474
It must be pretty close to being open. I can’t wait to see the pictures of the members up there leering down at the masses below them.......😂

tl77

Found some old photos of the original Adventureland Veranda, I guess it had about the same foot print, just has a second story now, funny that it was prettier back when it was open to the public
15mjt34.jpg

89d0f5e0.jpg

and this is not so great looking photo from 1973, but that's before the trees grew in

WDW1973crop.jpg

this close up with the path in red is how Adventureland connected to Liberty Square through the open Verandas. It was similar to how you can get from Main Street to Tomorrowland by going through "Noodle Station" restaurant (that didn't exist in 1973)

WDW1973crop2.jpg

They built a bridge some time after 1997 that bypasses this former path, Tiana's Gazebo is back there now, but here's some old Veranda music loops from back in the day

Walt d

It's about time! Good thing I have tens of thousands of dollars ready to drop just to join!

Oh wait...
Yes” that 50 grand I was saving for retirement will come in handy to give to Mickey, for my $20 Dollar dinner thanks Bobby i looks like i have too sell the porsche too..

Jambo Joe

Yes” that 50 grand I was saving for retirement will come in handy to give to Mickey, for my $20 Dollar dinner thanks Bobby i looks like i have too sell the porsche too..
Yeah I have to admit - I don’t think of myself as poor but I would have to have a lot more money than I do now to feel like that would be a good use of some of it.

MickeyMinnieMom

Exactly, if I could afford it, I'd be very pleased to see it's hidden in plane sight yet I assume quite ornate inside.
That's what I was thinking -- that, and I'd hate to be walking around Adventureland and to see this fancy-shmancy looking thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. I love WDW in large part because of the theming. :)

Walt d

That's what I was thinking -- that, and I'd hate to be walking around Adventureland and to see this fancy-shmancy looking thing that sticks out like a sore thumb. I love WDW in large part because of the theming. :)
Wait” thats it” 33 land Quick tell Bobby i. He loves to build! Lets have a ride, that at the end a giant mouse takes your wallet or purse as you get out it’s perfect ! Yes...

MickeyMan36

Just saw this linked on Twitter... no idea how long it's been up, but it's the first reference I've seen on Disney's own site...
View attachment 315456
It must be pretty new. I imagine they needed to do something, because they probably get a lot of inquiries through the main phone line. I assume that most people's first response to inquiring is to look up how to do it online. When they don't find anything, they would call and waste the time of a Cast Member. I am also guessing that the inquiries have skyrocketed since the two locations have opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom