News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

TrojanUSC

I thought a major selling point of Club 33 was the ability to bring in guests and "wine and dine" them, especially for businesses. Granted the potential clientele is probably somewhat different in central Florida versus the LA area. It sounds like this meant to be more like a private "members only" country club.

In California, this has become the norm. Disney began selling corporate memberships which cost quite a bit more, while limiting the entries individual members could have. In Florida they don’t have the kind of industry center Southern California has, so it has to be a very different type of membership model, I assume.

Giraffiki

The DHS Club 33 does have some movie props and photos in it. That's all I can say about that.

Also, a restaurant is not needed in my opinion, and would allow too many non-member guests to come in more often. It's one of the major complaints about the Disneyland Club 33 that the WDW Club 33 is trying to avoid, from what I understand.

MK opens in September most likely, could be October if there are delays.

They look to be close to opening. Lots of HVAC work now

GiveMeTheMusic

I thought a major selling point of Club 33 was the ability to bring in guests and "wine and dine" them, especially for businesses. Granted the potential clientele is probably somewhat different in central Florida versus the LA area. It sounds like this meant to be more like a private "members only" country club.

That is correct, and DL 33 has moved that way as well.

mason1965

... Granted the potential clientele is probably somewhat different in central Florida versus the LA area. It sounds like this meant to be more like a private "members only" country club.

You hit the nail on the head with your statements here. There is no corporate membership level in WDW Club 33, only individual (from what I've heard from others).

Last edited:

Kman101

There's certainly enough dead space on the new pathway between the two areas.

I'm sure it's not going to take up a massive amount of space, but ugh, why are they using space for a Club most guests won't ever get into or even care about? Oh, right. $$$$.

Surfin' Tuna

The last I heard was AK was still a yet to be determined date next year. They are having food tasting events near the end of this month at the MK location, so they must be close to finalizing a menu there. There is still no firm date on MK as far as I know.

brb1006

Don't forget the castle float. That's as old as I am!
That float is 32 years old and still lives!
9558688-large.jpg

MickeyMan36

I for one am very excited about Club 33 in Disney World. The last time that I was at the parks, I saw both locations that had just recently opened. I stood outside and stomped my feet like a little baby. "Let me in, let me in, let me in." Actually, I was waiting for my family to finish up in the bathrooms in Brown Derby. I just stood there and wondered what it looked like inside, how you get in, how exclusive is it? After my family was finished, we left and went on with our evening in the park. I don't understand the negativity about things that some people can afford over others at the parks. Disney World has many many different price points for all aspects of the parks (hotel rooms, dining, tours, expensive merchandise.......) There is no reason that the masses should enjoy Disney World any less than they did before Club 33 arrived. The Disney Company is a for profit company, and if they can get initiation plus 15k a year out of some people, good for them. If it generates extra revenue, that revenue will go back into making the parks better for everyone.

JoeCamel

I for one am very excited about Club 33 in Disney World. The last time that I was at the parks, I saw both locations that had just recently opened. I stood outside and stomped my feet like a little baby. "Let me in, let me in, let me in." Actually, I was waiting for my family to finish up in the bathrooms in Brown Derby. I just stood there and wondered what it looked like inside, how you get in, how exclusive is it? After my family was finished, we left and went on with our evening in the park. I don't understand the negativity about things that some people can afford over others at the parks. Disney World has many many different price points for all aspects of the parks (hotel rooms, dining, tours, expensive merchandise.......) There is no reason that the masses should enjoy Disney World any less than they did before Club 33 arrived. The Disney Company is a for profit company, and if they can get initiation plus 15k a year out of some people, good for them. If it generates extra revenue, that revenue will go back into making the parks better for everyone.
Well just whip out your Amex Black and you too can experience the "magic". What you don't have one? How dare you even set foot in our parks....

Biff215

If it generates extra revenue, that revenue will go back into making the parks better for everyone.
I mostly agree that Club 33 will have little effect on the rest of us, so I’m fine with it. But assuming that revenue will actually go back into the parks is wishful thinking. DVC has made crazy profit over the last decade or so yet investment in the parks was minimal until recently. We’ll never know how it actually works but it’s doubtful it will change anything.

pdude81

I mostly agree that Club 33 will have little effect on the rest of us, so I’m fine with it. But assuming that revenue will actually go back into the parks is wishful thinking. DVC has made crazy profit over the last decade or so yet investment in the parks was minimal until recently. We’ll never know how it actually works but it’s doubtful it will change anything.
DVC is very separate from park revenue and operations. They do pay in for special events and access, but I don't think that the rent on the DVC lounge is going to push the needle on park revenues. Where DVC growth should have had an earlier impact IMO is on transportation as they fund a share of monorail and bus costs.

I have never seen any information on how Club 33's finances are structured, but since they are permanent clubs within the parks I'd expect that their revenues are tied in with park operations and should impact future renovations/expansion.

fngoofy

I agree with you, I don't have a problem with them being added.
BUT
I don't get the excitement you mention. Unless you have an extra $30k laying around and at least $15k/yr on the go forward, you won't see the inside of any of the C33s... ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom