News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, July 14, 2018. The long construction fence along the entrance to Adventureland has been removed and replaced with a scrim fence closer to the building, apparently to hide the finishing touch work on the Club 33 building. The "plaza" to the right of the Adventureland entrance is open again.

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

VJ

All of the negativity comes from people who are jealous that they can't go. Also make sure you picket at the closest Ferrari dealership... cause "it must be nice."
I'm not jealous. It's just frustrating to know that Disney has turned a special, hidden part of Disneyland (and Tokyo Disneyland) into a gaudy franchise that can be plopped down anywhere. It's Walmarting the concept of Walt Disney's original idea for Club 33 and it rubs me the wrong way.

Biff215

I'm not jealous. It's just frustrating to know that Disney has turned a special, hidden part of Disneyland (and Tokyo Disneyland) into a gaudy franchise that can be plopped down anywhere. It's Walmarting the concept of Walt Disney's original idea for Club 33 and it rubs me the wrong way.
I hear you, but other than these construction pics, it does seem to be rather low key and hidden. The open locations seem to only be known by those on message boards like this one. I’m not sure anyone else realizes they’re even there, or what this construction is for.

Pixieish

Yep. They're taking the specialness away. I'm curious to see how the membership does at non-Disneyland locations.

mj2v

Oh geez. Really? Pulling the Walmart card.

Time to get over it. Walt has been gone 50 years. Roy JR coming up on 10.

It’s a for profit company doing what for profit companies do. Maximizing profit.

VJ

Oh geez. Really? Pulling the Walmart card.

Time to get over it. Walt has been gone 50 years. Roy JR coming up on 10.

It’s a for profit company doing what for profit companies do. Maximizing profit.
Might be time to change the name of the company if said company doesn't wish to stick to the original ideals that made the company beloved in the first place, don't you think?

I like the ring of "The Bob Iger Company" myself.

Kamikaze

The only thing hidden or special about Club 33 is that it costs $25k to be a member and its a waiting list. You don't need to know a current member (like a high end country club) and/or be recommended. You just need to pay. This is probably something they should have put in WDW a long time ago. If it had been here when MK opened, your sorts of complaints would be void.

rreading

So I seemed to have missed this: where exactly did the Epcot location land? And is the DHS one attached to Brown Derby?

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom