News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

ABQ

You do make a good case, with some interesting points that I appreciate! But I do think this is a big bet for WDW. My guess is the success of the other premium products has given them confidence to do this. But this is the biggest stretch yet as far as I can tell.
In Disney money, though, is there really that much at stake? Outside of the construction costs in the MK, it doesn't appear, granted with only speculation and some talk here to go by, that very much is being invested at this point. Lounges, not full service restaurants like the original Club 33, most being made out of renovations to existing, practically unused, spaces is not much of a gamble really, do you think?

pdude81

In Disney money, though, is there really that much at stake? Outside of the construction costs in the MK, it doesn't appear, granted with only speculation and some talk here to go by, that very much is being invested at this point. Lounges, not full service restaurants like the original Club 33, most being made out of renovations to existing, practically unused, spaces is not much of a gamble really, do you think?
Agreed. Even if the response is not great they will pay for most of this with the initial sign ups. Then we're talking about minimal staffing costs and extra fastpasses which cost the company very little. While we can add up the perceived value of the benefits, the math is very different for the provider as very few would be paying for all those services in a given year.

MickeyMan36

Agreed. Even if the response is not great they will pay for most of this with the initial sign ups. Then we're talking about minimal staffing costs and extra fastpasses which cost the company very little. While we can add up the perceived value of the benefits, the math is very different for the provider as very few would be paying for all those services in a given year.
No gamble at all. They are renovating preexisting spaces at 3 of the parks and building new at 1. It will work. They will get enough members to make it work.

Surfin' Tuna

In some ways, it is foolish of them not to do it. They make it exclusive, and that brings its own level of interest. People will want to be a part of it, and some people have the money. A few hundred thousand to renovate each location will be quickly recovered in the first year of dues and initiation costs. The food and beverages are prepared by the nearby (attached) restaurants. They have figured out a way to use some of the vacant lounges to increase gross revenue, and they still don't have to clean up the parks or perform extra maintenance.

ToTBellHop

My response, received last week, the day after I sent an email expressing an interest in information:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

While we appreciate your interest in Disney's Club 33 membership. At this time membership requests have been sent out to a few selected Guest only.

Currently we do not have information regarding the process of the selection of Guest that received the membership request. Once the Club 33 lounges have finished their construction, there will be a release of more information regarding the membership.

We apologize that this email did not have a more favorable answer towards your question and that we do hope you'll understand.

We hope that we will have the chance to entertain you and your family soon.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Kipp Chau
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
The grammatical errors do not impress me. Surely at the price point, they can afford to proofread?

ABQ

They did seem pretty impressed with the experience. Though I don't know what their expectations were going in, so were they met or exceeded, who knows. I'm glad they are keeping everything super secret, which hopefully means the WDW Mommy Bloggers and the like won't get in, without an invite from a member like these two folks did.

dothebrdwalk

Ok! After Months of constant harassment to that email to try and get some insight (mostly for fun) but also for a future membership, I finally received a document I needed to fill out. The document required information about my occupation, the business, and information about my spouse (or lack there of) lol. What I thought was most interesting was that I couldn't hit submit without filling the info about my spouse. So I just kind of entered in dashes to show that there is none. I don't think I'm getting a membership offer now but it certainly was interesting to play along haha

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Ironic the club seems to be unwelcoming the gay crowd, have a spouse or don't bother applying.

Wait, what?
You do know the gay crowd can get married and that spouse doesn't specify a gender, right? I'm not sure there is a disparate impact for single gay people than single straight ones?

Right? What a strange angle to take. Could just be a quirk of the software, orrrrrrrrrrrrr DISNEY HATES GAY PEOPLE!!!!

Which seems more likely?

Monorail_Red_77

Doing some digging in Florida Division of Corporation records. Thought I might post this real quick. Not sure if it is anything or not. But looks like this has been in development for a long time.

This is a merger document filed that merged Club 33 a California Corporation into Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US Inc.

On the surface it doesn't sound like much. But the fact that they merged a California corporation into a Florida Corporation and at the time there was no mention of a Club 33 coming to WDW.

Anyway, take it for what you want. I thought it was a cool find and thought others would like to know about it as well.

I think it goes to show you how long things are in development behind the scenes before they announce them.

on a side note, I'm working on linking all Disney companies in FL together and showing how they merged, etc. Going all the way back to 1964 with the multiple dummy corps that bought the WDW property. I hope to share somewhere on here soon when completed.

The attachment is public record, for those that are concerned.
Untitled.png

durangojim

Not much detail but two YouTubers I watch were able to go to the HS location and talk about special one day passes:

Out of respect for the club I’d just like to say that I was in the club but have so much respect for the club that I can’t talk about anything. Except that I respect the club. And the members too;) Oh, and that there was lots of respect in the club as well, which was very respectful.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Out of respect for the club I’d just like to say that I was in the club but have so much respect for the club that I can’t talk about anything. Except that I respect the club. And the members too;) Oh, and that there was lots of respect in the club as well, which was very respectful.
I can respect that, I 'spect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom