News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Surfin' Tuna

Is that the confirmed location? As of two weeks ago, I was still hearing no confirmed location. I mean, I for one am not joining until there is a confirmed location. I think everyone on here feels the same way.

MickeyMan36

I inquired about membership last year (I was a little late to the party). I sent an email in the fall. I got the standard email response that everyone got. "Thank you for your interest." Out of the blue recently, I was contacted by Club 33. They sent two emails. The first was to thank me for my interest and to be on the lookout within the next 24hrs for a separate email that had a document attached that I needed to sign to formally express my interest. It asked for personal information and a few other questions. It was an "Interest Inquiry Only", but I am hoping that it becomes more of an application. So now I wait..................... Will it be 10years, 10 months, or 10 days? I guess only time will tell. And heck yes I will join!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I inquired about membership last year (I was a little late to the party). I sent an email in the fall. I got the standard email response that everyone got. "Thank you for your interest." Out of the blue recently, I was contacted by Club 33. They sent two emails. The first was to thank me for my interest and to be on the lookout within the next 24hrs for a separate email that had a document attached that I needed to sign to formally express my interest. It asked for personal information and a few other questions. It was an "Interest Inquiry Only", but I am hoping that it becomes more of an application. So now I wait..................... Will it be 10years, 10 months, or 10 days? I guess only time will tell. And heck yes I will join!
If you don’t mind me asking....

Do you own a business in the central Florida area?

pdude81

Very interesting. I had heard they were just contacting known locals and prominent businesspeople at this point before hitting the general queue of people. Without giving away your identity, would you say that you might fit into one of those groups? I'm hopeful that they have gotten down to the regular queue of interest so we can start to learn more about this.

edit: xdan beat me to it but I'll leave my comment intact

MickeyMan36

Very interesting. I had heard they were just contacting known locals and prominent businesspeople at this point before hitting the general queue of people. Without giving away your identity, would you say that you might fit into one of those groups? I'm hopeful that they have gotten down to the regular queue of interest so we can start to learn more about this.

edit: xdan beat me to it but I'll leave my comment intact
It depends on how they are doing it. Are they doing backgrounds on people that expressed interest? Or just going down the line of inquiries? I have no idea, but I assume that Disney is doing some sort of background on people. Maybe how much you spend there?

Do I own a business? Yes. Is it in Florida? No. I don't want to give too much away in case this is like Fight Club.

pdude81

It depends on how they are doing it. Are they doing backgrounds on people that expressed interest? Or just going down the line of inquiries? I have no idea, but I assume that Disney is doing some sort of background on people. Maybe how much you spend there?

Do I own a business? Yes. Is it in Florida? No. I don't want to give too much away in case this is like Fight Club.
Understood and not looking to unmask you. They probably have basic financials on most of us who spend time there and fill out surveys. I hope they get back to you soon with good news.

pdude81

I randomly received this email, for the third time since last year, at 1:21 AM this morning:

"Thank you for your interest in Club 33 coming soon to the Walt Disney
World Resort. We're busy finalizing plans on this exciting new
opportunity, and look forward to sharing more information later this
year."

And so I must still wait :-/ Any idea what the criteria is for selection of us non-golden oak or local folk is?
That's interesting... because the current blurb they are using is different than what was going out last year.

Honestly I have no idea what their criteria is but I'd guess they are going from highest to lowest (estimated) income of those who expressed interest.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know why Disney is bothering to respond to any inquiries that aren't coming from a prospective client's personal assistant.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My response, received last week, the day after I sent an email expressing an interest in information:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

While we appreciate your interest in Disney's Club 33 membership. At this time membership requests have been sent out to a few selected Guest only.

Currently we do not have information regarding the process of the selection of Guest that received the membership request. Once the Club 33 lounges have finished their construction, there will be a release of more information regarding the membership.

We apologize that this email did not have a more favorable answer towards your question and that we do hope you'll understand.

We hope that we will have the chance to entertain you and your family soon.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Kipp Chau
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Isn't that the tech support phone number? You may have emailed the wrong person
Certainly possible. I just went through normal Guest Services. Figured it was a decent starting point. If there's a specific place I should have emailed, I missed it.

MickeyMan36

My response, received last week, the day after I sent an email expressing an interest in information:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

While we appreciate your interest in Disney's Club 33 membership. At this time membership requests have been sent out to a few selected Guest only.

Currently we do not have information regarding the process of the selection of Guest that received the membership request. Once the Club 33 lounges have finished their construction, there will be a release of more information regarding the membership.

We apologize that this email did not have a more favorable answer towards your question and that we do hope you'll understand.

We hope that we will have the chance to entertain you and your family soon.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Kipp Chau
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
You need to send inquiries here: wdwclub33@disneyworld.com

bluetiedye

This feels like a bad idea, but I’m open to being argued out of that view.

I just don’t get who the audience would be. For Disneyland, they’re right in the neighborhood of big time companies who have corporate Club 33 memberships, and the high-powered influencers in the region.

In Orlando, nothing important is anywhere near Disney Word. Nobody is going to use this as their swanky club house if they have to hop on I-4 and drive 45-50 minutes on the highway (each way!) for a gathering. And if it’s not for rich locals, then who is it for? Isn’t that how Disneyland uses Club 33? Maybe I’m way off base.

MickeyMan36

This feels like a bad idea, but I’m open to being argued out of that view.

I just don’t get who the audience would be. For Disneyland, they’re right in the neighborhood of big time companies who have corporate Club 33 memberships, and the high-powered influencers in the region.

In Orlando, nothing important is anywhere near Disney Word. Nobody is going to use this as their swanky club house if they have to hop on I-4 and drive 45-50 minutes on the highway (each way!) for a gathering. And if it’s not for rich locals, then who is it for? Isn’t that how Disneyland uses Club 33? Maybe I’m way off base.
I think that you may not being seeing the whole piece of the puzzle here. Here is my argument and maybe you guys will agree. Maybe not. This is only my opinion. Let's also take Disneyland out of this for the first part of my argument. Disneyland is a whole other animal. I have been there a few times, but not nearly as many times as WDW. If you focus on who Club 33 will be for in WDW, it is different. If I were WDW, here is how I would look at this and who is going to join:

1. The REALLY rich person who likes Disney: There are many folks out there that just have so much money that 33k initiation and 15k yearly is not a big deal. It is what it is. Hate them or not, you probably wouldn't notice them if they walked by. These are men and women who own large businesses or who have sold businesses and just have a ton of cash to spend. These people could either be locals or from anywhere really.

2. The well to do Florida resident. Not super rich, but he or she does very well. Maybe a small business owner, doctor, or lawyer. This person lives close and already goes to WDW many times a year. This person is a big fan. They already buy 4 season passes so they are out that cost already each year. These are also the people that can afford a few vip tours (they may not do it but they can afford it). This group is going to do the math and decide that after the suck up the initial 33k, the 15k yearly isn't that bad for the perks that you get (all of which have been discussed earlier in this post).

3. The in-between numbers 1 and 2 people from out of state or out of country. This person is he greatest resource that WDW wants tap into. These are the families that love Disney and probably go on average 1-2 times every year for a week or so. This person (in my opinion) is who Disney really wants and needs frankly. Someone who has no problem affording it and is very willing to join. They own mid sized or lager businesses or are high powered professionals with a lot of disposable income. They may be able to spend a little more than person 2, but they also do the math and decided that while the perks are not perfect for them, the cool factor will push them over the edge. It will give this person additional reasons to come to Disney more. Let's say they move that average stay time per year up by just a couple of days. It just increases the money WDW gets and this person is not there enough to cost the club much because they are not using it a ton. Win win for both parties involved.

Here is the other kicker. My guess is that there will be up to 8X the memberships in WDW vs DL. Here is why: They are building 4 locations. Just to fill the clubs to justify them being open, you will need 4X as many members as DL. So why do I say 8X more? Because of persons 1 and 3. They just will not be there the much and Disney can suck up 33k quick for each member and then they have them for 15k for as long as they are members.

Disney always does their homework. Trust me, they know what they are doing. They made the costs just high enough to be out of most peoples ranges. Again, it is what it is. If the initiation was 10k and the yearly was 5k, it would be easier to attain (not for everyone, I know that) but it would be full. But they can't have it overly full or people won't enjoy the experience. By setting the initiation and yearly where it is, they probably figure that they can fill memberships while not being overrun by inquiries.

Ok. That was a lot. Am I wrong? Who knows. This is my opinion only. I am not a member but would love to be and this is the last thing: People want what they can't or don't have. At least some do and that is why we have been left wondering and waiting...........

bluetiedye

I think that you may not being seeing the whole piece of the puzzle here. Here is my argument and maybe you guys will agree. Maybe not. This is only my opinion. Let's also take Disneyland out of this for the first part of my argument. Disneyland is a whole other animal. I have been there a few times, but not nearly as many times as WDW. If you focus on who Club 33 will be for in WDW, it is different. If I were WDW, here is how I would look at this and who is going to join:

1. The REALLY rich person who likes Disney: There are many folks out there that just have so much money that 33k initiation and 15k yearly is not a big deal. It is what it is. Hate them or not, you probably wouldn't notice them if they walked by. These are men and women who own large businesses or who have sold businesses and just have a ton of cash to spend. These people could either be locals or from anywhere really.

2. The well to do Florida resident. Not super rich, but he or she does very well. Maybe a small business owner, doctor, or lawyer. This person lives close and already goes to WDW many times a year. This person is a big fan. They already buy 4 season passes so they are out that cost already each year. These are also the people that can afford a few vip tours (they may not do it but they can afford it). This group is going to do the math and decide that after the suck up the initial 33k, the 15k yearly isn't that bad for the perks that you get (all of which have been discussed earlier in this post).

3. The in-between numbers 1 and 2 people from out of state or out of country. This person is he greatest resource that WDW wants tap into. These are the families that love Disney and probably go on average 1-2 times every year for a week or so. This person (in my opinion) is who Disney really wants and needs frankly. Someone who has no problem affording it and is very willing to join. They own mid sized or lager businesses or are high powered professionals with a lot of disposable income. They may be able to spend a little more than person 2, but they also do the math and decided that while the perks are not perfect for them, the cool factor will push them over the edge. It will give this person additional reasons to come to Disney more. Let's say they move that average stay time per year up by just a couple of days. It just increases the money WDW gets and this person is not there enough to cost the club much because they are not using it a ton. Win win for both parties involved.

Here is the other kicker. My guess is that there will be up to 8X the memberships in WDW vs DL. Here is why: They are building 4 locations. Just to fill the clubs to justify them being open, you will need 4X as many members as DL. So why do I say 8X more? Because of persons 1 and 3. They just will not be there the much and Disney can suck up 33k quick for each member and then they have them for 15k for as long as they are members.

Disney always does their homework. Trust me, they know what they are doing. They made the costs just high enough to be out of most peoples ranges. Again, it is what it is. If the initiation was 10k and the yearly was 5k, it would be easier to attain (not for everyone, I know that) but it would be full. But they can't have it overly full or people won't enjoy the experience. By setting the initiation and yearly where it is, they probably figure that they can fill memberships while not being overrun by inquiries.

Ok. That was a lot. Am I wrong? Who knows. This is my opinion only. I am not a member but would love to be and this is the last thing: People want what they can't or don't have. At least some do and that is why we have been left wondering and waiting...........
You do make a good case, with some interesting points that I appreciate! But I do think this is a big bet for WDW. My guess is the success of the other premium products has given them confidence to do this. But this is the biggest stretch yet as far as I can tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom