News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Sue_Vongello

Well, see, thanks to MagicBands and face recognition software, they know you bring sandwiches into the parks. Immediate black balled.

Uh oh ... I’m in trouble, if the magic bands know about the sandwiches ... do they also know that I park at the Contemporary when I go to the MK, bring alcohol into the MK, and that one time what I did on an empty TTA late at night??!!

Well it was a nice dream?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
DHS is done as far as I know. Epcot should be soon. MK still is under construction. AK not sure on the timeline there.

Cost is $33,000 initially and $15,000 annually. Includes four coast to coast passes, 5 VIP tours, FPs, 50 1 day tickets, and maybe some other things.

They are now communicating with non-Golden Oak people.
Is the initial fee refundable when you drop your membership, as it is at many country clubs?

Ignoring the initial fee, $15K annually for what you get isn't nearly as bad as might be expected. The four premiers are $6K right there. 50 1 days another 4K (if you presume the correct comparison is to the daily cost of 5 day non-hoppers), 5 VIP tours would cost about $8K, I believe, based on rates of $400/hour for 4 hours. Extra FPs and places to wind down in the parks...

Giovanni

Is the initial fee refundable when you drop your membership, as it is at many country clubs?

Ignoring the initial fee, $15K annually for what you get isn't nearly as bad as might be expected. The four premiers are $6K right there. 50 1 days another 4K (if you presume the correct comparison is to the daily cost of 5 day non-hoppers), 5 VIP tours would cost about $8K, I believe, based on rates of $400/hour for 4 hours. Extra FPs and places to wind down in the parks...

Premium VIP tours range now $500-$600/hr with 7hr minimum. So 5 tours are $17500-$21000.00 alone

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Premium VIP tours range now $500-$600/hr with 7hr minimum. So 5 tours are $17500-$21000.00 alone
Wow. I wonder if the ones that come with Club 33 are shorter, but still, if you use all that you get, you get your money’s worth.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I have serious doubts about the initiation fee being refundable.

I'd be curious to know the rest of the associated costs. Typically at a country club, you have you're initiation fee, your yearly fee, and monthly fees. Then you start to get into the costs for golf/food/drink/caddies.

So far we have no info on monthly costs? Are there none? If so, 15k yearly for this, regardless of how these lounges turn out, isn't a bad bargain at all. Assuming you use that many VIP tours every year. Also assuming you have someone to give 50 one day tickets to.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have serious doubts about the initiation fee being refundable.

I'd be curious to know the rest of the associated costs. Typically at a country club, you have you're initiation fee, your yearly fee, and monthly fees. Then you start to get into the costs for golf/food/drink/caddies.

So far we have no info on monthly costs? Are there none? If so, 15k yearly for this, regardless of how these lounges turn out, isn't a bad bargain at all. Assuming you use that many VIP tours every year. Also assuming you have someone to give 50 one day tickets to.
My understanding from the Disneyland Club 33 is that there were no mandatory monthly fees or minimum spend requirements (i.e., must spend $500/month on food and drink) like at country clubs. That's not based on official information of course, so it may be wrong.

I can imagine using a VIP tour every now and then, and the one-days would make me popular with certain family members and business acquaintances, particular if they got a VIP tour with their free tix! In any event, nobody is even inviting me to join, so the fact that I might have the money and find it worthwhile probably isn't relevant!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My understanding from the Disneyland Club 33 is that there were no mandatory monthly fees or minimum spend requirements (i.e., must spend $500/month on food and drink) like at country clubs. That's not based on official information of course, so it may be wrong.

I can imagine using a VIP tour every now and then, and the one-days would make me popular with certain family members and business acquaintances, particular if they got a VIP tour with their free tix! In any event, nobody is even inviting me to join, so the fact that I might have the money and find it worthwhile probably isn't relevant!
If you were located in Central Florida I imagine this club would suit you quite well. However, not sure you'd have much use for it in the midwest. You are literally the target for these clubs, too bad you live so far away.

pdude81

Also remember that while it may cost you $500 an hour for a tour, it costs closer to $15 an hour for Disney. This is why the giant soda at McDonalds can be 30 cents more than the tiny one.... because that 30 cents is more than it costs them for the drink in the first place. Even in the extreme case that you are a local who uses the full extent of your benefits and went very often.... they still are close to breaking even and will make plenty of money on those who are casual members.

Rodan75

Are they doing corporate memberships as well as personal ones? Seems like this would be ideal for businesses who try to sell things in the Orlando area. Like Corporate Boxes in stadiums. In that context this is actually super affordable.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 19, 2018. Club 33 construction at Adventureland entrance in Magic Kingdom.

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

Surfin' Tuna

Friday was supposed to be a soft opening, and it appears that happened. I'm not too sure how one has a soft vs. grand opening of something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom