News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

TrojanUSC

Isn't this really designed for business people? This is the equivalent of a luxury suite at the ball park. So you have to look at the prices in those terms. The question is does Orlando have the businesses/wealth that southern California has to support such a club. To me thats a big question mark. I guess you can include Tampa and Miami as markets this could pull from. A stretch would be the NYC market if you want to send clients down for a long weekend. It will be interesting to see how it does.

At Disneyland it very much is. The issue is at Walt Disney World they don't really have the kind of businesses in Orlando that would lend itself to this kind of thing and national companies don't have enough big clients going there on a regular basis to make it worthwhile.

BoarderPhreak

Isn't this really designed for business people? This is the equivalent of a luxury suite at the ball park. So you have to look at the prices in those terms. The question is does Orlando have the businesses/wealth that southern California has to support such a club. To me thats a big question mark. I guess you can include Tampa and Miami as markets this could pull from. A stretch would be the NYC market if you want to send clients down for a long weekend. It will be interesting to see how it does.
Well, yeah... Definitely. It's a business write-off and perk to throw around just like a suite. But as you mention, the surrounding (and even more distant) markets would probably be a stretch for an Orlando location. Though there are a ton of conventions going on year-round, so who knows.

I do have to question the whole concept though. Who says, "let's have our Very Important Business Lunch™ at the Magic Kingdom?" Sports venues are one thing... This is a whole different league. But I guess it's a nice perk to have in your back pocket just the same.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Now people what a membership just because it hard to get.

Honestly, I don't think it will be that hard to get - WDW has the mentality that if you can write a check, you can have it. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see this open to anyone who can stomach (or finance) the membership cost.

It will certainly be "exclusive" in that not that many people will be willing to pay for or afford the fees, but it won't be anywhere near as exclusive as it's original counterpart in Disneyland.

Let's call this what it is - a cheap, quick, money grab. Nothing more, nothing less.

Little Oarko

here’s my thing. the high cost for the original Club 33 made sense to me. These are NOT original in any manor. This is just another way for Disney to take in loads more cash. 25000 to join and 15000 a year to remain a member is ridiculous. I lose respect for Disney a little every year or at least every other year as prices on everything keep going up and then things like this get added to the park.

SpaceMountain77

We are at Disney’s Hollywood Studios today and there is significant Cast Member activity in the lobby of the Club 33 entrance at the Hollywood Brown Derby. Cast Members are sporting gold colored Club 33 badges.
2568BEEF-4B4D-4926-8AEC-8C033F76D5BE.jpeg
78AE8EEC-672F-4F79-9453-68A7E3FA4ACB.jpeg

TrojanUSC

I've been to the original a few times. In my experience while there's wealthy people with memberships, I think the vast majority of people who go there are employees of companies with memberships which give out "lunch at Club 33" as a big bonus. Or friends of members who're using their membership for the day.

It's partly that but the big business (and reasons most companies keep it) is to be able to wine & dine or offer it as a perk to clients.

durangojim

If the lounge in the American Adventure the old Catwalk Bar location at the Brown Derby are two of the Club 33 locations, I feel much better about not parting with my money as I was really hoping for something new and unique and not just re-purposed.

dreamfinder

It's partly that but the big business (and reasons most companies keep it) is to be able to wine & dine or offer it as a perk to clients.

It's kind of like many luxury boxes at sporting venues. Very few people ever pay that much just to watch a game. A few die hards maybe, but not enough to keep the suites afloat. It's about being able to offer up the experience to clients.

trainplane3

If the lounge in the American Adventure the old Catwalk Bar location at the Brown Derby are two of the Club 33 locations, I feel much better about not parting with my money as I was really hoping for something new and unique and not just re-purposed.
I'm pretty sure it's all but confirmed by Disney at this point. The doorbells have appeared in those two locations.

Otterhead

The original Club 33 was "re-purposed", if you mean a club built in an unused space. Neither the Catwalk Bar or the lounge has been a luxury club up to this point. But it looks like they're purpose-building a new space for it in MK, so your $25k application fee is well spent ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom