Closures for Halloween Party Overlays

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
How are my Left Coast lovin' Disney peeps doing?

I am going to be bringing the family to the OG Park that started it all from August 15 through the 19.
Am I in danger of having Pirates and SM down because of the overlay. I saw that the date were released recently and they seem a ways off but I don't know how long they usually go down for. I found conflicting and older info but nothing that seems accurate. Hoping you can help.

Thanks for the sticky. I learned a lot about DL just piling through that thread. :)

George Lucas on a Bench

There's a Pirates overlay now too?

Screenshot_20180217-163517.png

Whattie?!

ShookieJones

Original Poster
There's a Pirates overlay now too?

View attachment 286883

Whattie?!
My most sincerest of apologies. I will never forgive myself for making that horrendous mistake in my first DL post! The shame...the shame.....ok I think I am over it. So I think all that is left is to explain and hope you can forgive me, the way I’ve been able to finally forgive myself; I was typing and not thinking. Truth is...the old lady was yelling for me to get downstairs to watch TV before she fell asleep. She is asleep now. I can type slowly and think clearly. Mansion and Space. Hope that clears things up.

GiveMeTheMusic

My most sincerest of apologies. I will never forgive myself for making that horrendous mistake in my first DL post! The shame...the shame.....ok I think I am over it. So I think all that is left is to explain and hope you can forgive me, the way I’ve been able to finally forgive myself; I was typing and not thinking. Truth is...the old lady was yelling for me to get downstairs to watch TV before she fell asleep. She is asleep now. I can type slowly and think clearly. Mansion and Space. Hope that clears things up.

It's unlikely Space will be down at that time, as its conversion takes a matter of hours. Mansion should still be open then as well.

Phroobar

Wasn't Pirates of the SCARYbbean going to be a thing at one point (either for WDW or DLR)?
Yes. The idea was an alternate nightime version for Disneyland. Right after the sea battle, the boat took an alternate route. Here the pirate skeletons notice your boat and start to attack it. They were even supposed to jump on the boat. You would come out near the jail scene. It would have been amazing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes. The idea was an alternate nightime version for Disneyland. Right after the sea battle, the boat took an alternate route. Here the pirate skeletons notice your boat and start to attack it. They were even supposed to jump on the boat. You would come out near the jail scene. It would have been amazing.

Was it going to use the boat storage area?

oo_nrb

An educated guess: Haunted Mansion Holiday usually takes 3 "weeks" to install, and the DPB post about Halloweentime stated that HMH will be open with the rest of the offerings on Sept 7, which is a Friday. Since attractions at DLR typically close on Mondays and reopen on Fridays, counting 3 weeks back puts the Haunted Mansion's closure date at Monday Aug. 20th.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
An educated guess: Haunted Mansion Holiday usually takes 3 "weeks" to install, and the DPB post about Halloweentime stated that HMH will be open with the rest of the offerings on Sept 7, which is a Friday. Since attractions at DLR typically close on Mondays and reopen on Fridays, counting 3 weeks back puts the Haunted Mansion's closure date at Monday Aug. 20th.
Thank you. Appreciate the specifics. This makes sense, it looks like worst case scenario it will may only be down for one day of our trip. Worst things in life can happen for sure.

George Lucas on a Bench

Sadly it seems classic Haunted Mansion at DL will never be available for Halloween season again.

It's one of the few advantages The Magic Kingdom's has over DL's and it's obviously a huge one. The others are the Lucas bench and the crude effect of the ghost shadow playing the piano, which is stupendously chintzy and charming.

Cousin Huet

Hi,

This is more concerning closures DURING Halloween season for the Christmas season. Is there any news on when It’s a Small World will close this year? Does anyone remember the day from last year if no to the above question?

We have been to DLR three times and all three times (March, May and October) this attraction has been closed and although we have never missed it at WDW all the times we go there......it would still be nice to see the differences and experience this.

We will be out there the week of the 14th to 22nd.

Thanks

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hi,

This is more concerning closures DURING Halloween season for the Christmas season. Is there any news on when It’s a Small World will close this year? Does anyone remember the day from last year if no to the above question?

We have been to DLR three times and all three times (March, May and October) this attraction has been closed and although we have never missed it at WDW all the times we go there......it would still be nice to see the differences and experience this.

Thanks

From what I remember Small World closes the last week of October right before Halloween. I don't think we know this year when its going down just yet, we should know by late August/early September.

So you may be able to catch it the first part of your trip if not your entire trip.

GiveMeTheMusic

Hi,

Thanks

@Disney Irish Bruh is correct, at the very least you should catch it at the beginning of your trip. It typically doesn't close until a few days prior to Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom