Closest Offsite hotel to universal

astewart

Original Poster
Does anyone know what the closest offsite hotel to universal is? and how far away is it? are there any in walking distance? Don't need anything fancy...just clean.
Thanks

Maria

What´s the name of that round one? It changed chains while I was there and was painted in colors, but I can´t remember the name of it! I remember it was close and across from Wet and Wild or some water park... my memory is bad today.... :rolleyes:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by JBloom1029
there is a radisson literally across the street from Universal.

I've stayed there. It was fine, as I recall. It is across the street, but with the way the parking is set up at Universal, it would be quite a hike to get to the entrance. We drove and parked. There was also a Day's Inn? or equivalant next door.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Maria
What´s the name of that round one? It changed chains while I was there and was painted in colors, but I can´t remember the name of it! I remember it was close and across from Wet and Wild or some water park... my memory is bad today.... :rolleyes:

You're talking about the one with the globe frame at the top, right?.. I know what you are talking about but I can't think of the name, either... :(

astewart

Original Poster
checked online and it says the radison is booked for when im going to be down there....any other hotel's??

thanks.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by astewart
checked online and it says the radison is booked for when im going to be down there....any other hotel's??

thanks.

I stayed in the Holiday Express and was right beind IOA. We had a tower room and when u looked out the room u could see IOA plain as day and was very beautiful at night.

astewart

Original Poster
Jay Rod:

how much a night was the hard rock hotel when you stayed there? that is really were i wanna stay but with the exchange rate im thinking it will be way to much...especially since we don't spend a lot of time in the room...im just curious...

thanks

Maria

Originally posted by Joe2Jen
Like yourself, where going to Universal. We are staying at the Shariton Studio City (The round one with the globe on top).

Bingo! Ding Ding Ding Ding! Thanks a lot! We couldn´t remember the name of it!:p

JAY-ROD

Jay Rod:

how much a night was the hard rock hotel when you stayed there? that is really were i wanna stay but with the exchange rate im thinking it will be way to much...especially since we don't spend a lot of time in the room...im just curious...

thanks

it was around 150 a night. but the perk of it was having front of the line on all the rides. So insted of waiting a hour to ride one ride. we just had to wait 5 to 10 min. so the hotel was well worth it.

astewart

Original Poster
Yeah..not having to wait in line is one of the main reasons i wanna stay there...but 150$ US is like 230$ canadian...times 3 nights...thats almost 700$ just for a bed :O) this will be my first time at universal...so i really want to see everything....
can both parks be done in 2 days...without front of the line access...cause I don't think i can justify spending that much for 3 nights at a hotel when you can get a cheap hotel for nothing close to that...

has anyone stayed offsite and managed to see everything they wanted to see in 2 days?

JAY-ROD

Yeah..not having to wait in line is one of the main reasons i wanna stay there...but 150$ US is like 230$ canadian...times 3 nights...thats almost 700$ just for a bed :O) this will be my first time at universal...so i really want to see everything....
can both parks be done in 2 days...without front of the line access...cause I don't think i can justify spending that much for 3 nights at a hotel when you can get a cheap hotel for nothing close to that...

has anyone stayed offsite and managed to see everything they wanted to see in 2 days?

well I have stayed ofsite as well and had no trouble doing the parks in 2 days. U'll have a blast at universal. any other help or tips just ask!

astewart

Original Poster
Originally posted by JAY-ROD

well I have stayed ofsite as well and had no trouble doing the parks in 2 days. U'll have a blast at universal. any other help or tips just ask!

Thanks a lot Jay Rod...

Im sure I will have lots of questions in the comming months...not going till the end of april so I have lots of time to think of some questions...

Im just trying to figure everything out...we are going for 2 weeks...in between semesters in university...
going to stay at the boyfriends parents house down there for a few days...then to universal ...then to disney :O) I think April 23rd is the day we are leaving...well the 22nd we have to drive to New Brunswick cause the plane leaves early in the morning on the 23rd. ...i already have the countdown started...can't wait... :O)

JAY-ROD

Thanks a lot Jay Rod...

Im sure I will have lots of questions in the comming months...not going till the end of april so I have lots of time to think of some questions...

Im just trying to figure everything out...we are going for 2 weeks...in between semesters in university...
going to stay at the boyfriends parents house down there for a few days...then to universal ...then to disney :O) I think April 23rd is the day we are leaving...well the 22nd we have to drive to New Brunswick cause the plane leaves early in the morning on the 23rd. ...i already have the countdown started...can't wait... :O)

Yeah we just got back from there and I miss it already. Just curious? What kinda price range are you looking at for the offsite hotel?

astewart

Original Poster
not quite sure... i don't want to spend a whole lot of the hotel cause I want the extra spending money...the plane fares won't be out till the middle of sept so depending on how much it will cost to fly down there is how much we will be able to spend on the hotel.

JAY-ROD

not quite sure... i don't want to spend a whole lot of the hotel cause I want the extra spending money...the plane fares won't be out till the middle of sept so depending on how much it will cost to fly down there is how much we will be able to spend on the hotel.

Hey u can try this site for all ur hotel needs. Hotelkingdom.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom