Closed Attractions That Were Mostly Hated But I Loved!

Disney Maddux

Original Poster
Hello everyone! Here I will be showing a list of attractions that are long gone that most people don't miss, but I absolutely loved and do miss! Here we go:
Lights, Motors, Action - Before it closed, I honestly preferred this over Fantasmic as my favorite show in WDW. I loved how much different it was and how much of a risk it was, and yet it still felt Disney and fit perfectly inside MGM/DHS! I get why some didn't like this show, but I miss it, and it will forever be one my top favorites from WDW.
Camp Minnie-Mickey - Yes, I already see you asking why I miss this area. Nothing but a waste of space used for meet-n-greets. It's actually not because of that, I wouldn't miss it too if it weren't for one very special memory. There was one day when we got there early and the lines to see the characters were empty. So I went over to meet Minnie, then when we were about to go over to Mickey, due to the area being completely empty, Minnie walked me over to him! So yes, this was an amazing moment, and if it weren't for that one day, I wouldn't have even cared if they left this area to rot.
That's all for now, more coming soon!

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I've seen Lights Motors Action once (10 or 11 years ago), but was sad when I heard it was going away. I thought it was good enough to keep going!

Goofyernmost

No one shed a tear when Backlot closed. Except me.
I didn't shed a tear, but, I had grieved my way through it years before it closed. I'm afraid that died no later then 2005 when residential street was leveled for LMA. By the time it closed, it was long overdue. It had no luster and no purpose anymore only Catastrophe Canyon was worth seeing and that had lost a lot of luster by then as well. It needed to be retired by then.

Captain Barbossa

I didn't shed a tear, but, I had grieved my way through it years before it closed. I'm afraid that died no later then 2005 when residential street was leveled for LMA. By the time it closed, it was long overdue. It had no luster and no purpose anymore only Catastrophe Canyon was worth seeing and that had lost a lot of luster by then as well. It needed to be retired by then.
Catastrophe Canyon and the wardrobe buildings were about it. Like you said, the majority was destroyed for LMA.

belledream

Mickey's Toontown Fair! There was something so immersive and whimsical about it that I don't think Storybook Circus can fully replicate. It felt like you were stepping into the actual neighborhood of Mickey and the gang. From the water and hearing the toot of Donald's Boat, to exploring Mickey and Minnie's houses (that microwave with those COOKIES!) to even Pete's Garage, it was just such a fun place to wander as a kid (and a big kid). Good late night memories of running around an empty tent meeting all the characters and riding Barnstormer late at night to round out the visit. R.I.P.

I got so nostalgic thinking about this place that I realize not a lot of people would say they 'hated' it, but it's definitely feeling forgotten!

WDWTank

Mickey's Toontown Fair! There was something so immersive and whimsical about it that I don't think Storybook Circus can fully replicate. It felt like you were stepping into the actual neighborhood of Mickey and the gang. From the water and hearing the toot of Donald's Boat, to exploring Mickey and Minnie's houses (that microwave with those COOKIES!) to even Pete's Garage, it was just such a fun place to wander as a kid (and a big kid). Good late night memories of running around an empty tent meeting all the characters and riding Barnstormer late at night to round out the visit. R.I.P.

I got so nostalgic thinking about this place that I realize not a lot of people would say they 'hated' it, but it's definitely feeling forgotten!
The Barnstormer back then was better;fun and whimsical;an actual barn with World of Motion chickens in it lol. It was so rad when I was a very small child.
Also, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway could’ve went in Toontown Fair instead of The Great Movie Ride. Toontown Fair would have the “fair” suffix dropped and the farm would be a subdivision of the city.

JIMINYCR

I enjoyed LMA also. There was plenty of drama, noise, fast paced action and I enjoyed the amazing stunts they displayed. I did miss the back lot tour and having some old movie memorabilia to view. Seeing Walts plane, Herbie, and other items were always a treat. I will definitely be grieving on my next trip to see the Chinese Theater knowing the GMR is gone.

BraveGirl

The Monster Sound show at MGM (calling it that purposely because I miss the good old days of that park). And basically any of those attractions that were specifically about movie making - Animation Tour (I still say "grab the baby and run" in a southern accent a la Robin Williams as an animated lost boy in this attraction) and Superstar Television as well. I used to get picked for that one all the time and it was my favorite thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom