Clock Radios

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Not sure if you are upset....o_O

My post was absolutely not intended to be confrontational. Just making a joke about the subject. ;)
Not upset .
funny-moose.jpg

I was just expecting it sooner and more angry. With a large majority having mobiles I don't find Disneys decision to remove them strange.

slappy magoo

I downloaded a clock app that turns on my phone with movement to show the time.
I have an android phone (LG G4) and use a free app called Timely. I don't know if it has an instant-on feature when it detects movement, but it does have a screensaver option where the screen stays on all night long (but near the lowest brightness setting, automatically), so that works as my alarm clock. If I wake up in the middle of the night, even without my glasses, I cn see the time. Also have it on my tablet, though I don't use it as often. It's a soothing bubbly image when it's on, not disturbing or distracting, it won't keep anyone up and the phone can still charge just fine when it's on. I don't know if timely is available on iphones, but I'm sure there are at least a thousand other clock apps that work similarly.

totaldisneygirl

I just got back from The World today and there are literally no clocks in the room (aside from the TV) which is a bit annoying. I was in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary and it was slightly aggravating to have to check my phone when I wanted to know what time it was in the middle of the night.
With this being said, there aren't enough outlets in the room or they are not placed strategically enough. The iHome docs that have been mentioned in prior posts would be nice...

surfsupdon

I downloaded a clock app that turns on my phone with movement to show the time. The resorts received too many complaints about the clocks and previous guests changing the time, setting alrams, etc... Don't be surprised if/when ceiling fans may be next. too many complaints about them spreading dust. Then tubs...

Ohhh I hope we can soon book rooms with a glass standing shower. Those tubs just seem so old and dated...even when they are newly refurbished!

My sister and I both missed the nightstand clock as well at PO-R last month for the Princess Races. We are not slaves to our cellphones, we preferred the clock. Good to know that you can request one.

Yelloweaver

Old Key West still had busted looking clocks when we stayed last month. The plugs behind the clock were awful, my phone charger kept falling out of the plug it was that loose.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Clock Radios? This seems like one of those times I want to use that joke about 1989 calling and needing their technology back....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Stayed at GF villas two weeks ago. No clock radio in either bedroom. But plenty of light switches all over the place and not in the most logical spot for what you want to turn on.....

jaklgreen

Why does everyone check the time if they get up in the middle of the night? I get up to go to the restroom but never check the time. The last thing I need is my brain to start functioning and a bright light in my face, then I would never get back to sleep. I do not like the alarm clocks that stay lit all night. I usually put a washcloth over it to cover the light. To me it feels like a spotlight in my face all night. But we have blackout shades in our room and like to sleep pitch dark. As far as alarms go, we do not usually set one when on vacation(except the last morning) and we just use the wakeup call, or our phone, or my nook has a alarm clock feature. Plenty of other options other then the traditional alarm clock.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just got back from staying at the All Star Sports and I missed having a clock. I dislike not knowing the time if I wake up, as others have said a clock with a docking station would be a nice amenity. The plug ins for my phone weren't very convenient either. I'm thinking I might have to bring an extension cord next time.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
The entire reasoning behind removing the clocks comes from a guest complaint where the guest's "little angel" woke up in the middle of the night and was traumatized by the eerie green light coming from the nightstand. Since WDW is a "family place" designed for happiness, all clocks were removed so no "little angel" will have a bad time.

jaklgreen

The entire reasoning behind removing the clocks comes from a guest complaint where the guest's "little angel" woke up in the middle of the night and was traumatized by the eerie green light coming from the nightstand. Since WDW is a "family place" designed for happiness, all clocks were removed so no "little angel" will have a bad time.

LOL I highly doubt that was the reason. It was probably more along the lines of people were complaining about not having enough outlets to plug in all of their electronics so instead of rewiring all of the buildings they just took out something that was taking an outlet making more for guests.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
LOL I highly doubt that was the reason. It was probably more along the lines of people were complaining about not having enough outlets to plug in all of their electronics so instead of rewiring all of the buildings they just took out something that was taking an outlet making more for guests.

I just figured they took them away because the clocks were old and breaking and it was cheaper to just take them away instead of putting in new ones.

jaklgreen

I just figured they took them away because the clocks were old and breaking and it was cheaper to just take them away instead of putting in new ones.

That could be too, but i doubt it was people complained that the light bothered their kids. After all you can do what we do and put a wash towel over the light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom