Clicking to Next page takes me to bottom of the page

orky8

Original Poster
Is anyone else having this issue? Whenever I click to the next page of a thread, it takes me directly to the bottom of the next page, and I then need to manually scroll up to the top to read it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is anyone else having this issue? Whenever I click to the next page of a thread, it takes me directly to the bottom of the next page, and I then need to manually scroll up to the top to read it.
What operating system and web browser are you using?

orky8

Original Poster
At work, IE 8 (I know, its old) and Windows 7. But, I think I have this issue when I'm at home too, where I use a Mac with Mountain Lion and the latest version of Firefox.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is not something I have seen before. I can't test and IE8, but it certainly does not happen on OSX with firefox. Are you still having the problem? Where exactly are you clicking to go to the next page?

orky8

Original Poster
This is not something I have seen before. I can't test and IE8, but it certainly does not happen on OSX with firefox. Are you still having the problem? Where exactly are you clicking to go to the next page?

You are correct - not a problem with OSX and firefox as I just checked with my home computers. Seems to be an IE8 problem, which is not surprising as Google warns me every time I access my e-mail that it is not a supported browser. Unfortunately, my work computer is locked, so there is nothing I can do about changing browsers or upgrading and our IT people make NGE look flawless.

But, with IE8, if I am reading a thread with 45 pages, and I'm on page 40, I read through all the posts and when I get to the bottom of the page, if I hit next or the next page number (i.e., 41) when the page loads, I'm taken directly to the bottom of the page. Interestingly, I'm taken to the bottom regardless of whether I click the next or page number at the top (above all the posts on that page) or bottom (below all the posts on that page). Hope this information is helpful.

My IT people say we are upgrading computers soon, but they said that would happen in July and well, still hasn't happened. Figures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom