Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Old Mouseketeer

Nice shots. They are really moving along. I really anticipate this being close to done either by the end of the year or just after the new year. With opening set around February/March.

I'm still of the opinion for now that security screening will be in the "plaza" area as you call it. Which is going to need a lot more room if the rumors of x-ray machines being added to guest screening next year is true. And then loading right inside the lower portion of Cleo. But that is just my opinion for now, no need to debate it.

I think the rendering shows a canopy extending over the open area along the front. There was also speculation that there would be screening and loading from the inside--this would be needed for all the cars parked on the bottom level. I don't know that this has been verified.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the rendering shows a canopy extending over the open area along the front. There was also speculation that there would be screening and loading from the inside--this would be needed for all the cars parked on the bottom level. I don't know that this has been verified.

I don't know if I ever heard speculation of both screening and loading from inside. Unless you mean screening would be at the edge of Cleo as you enter it through the columns.

Not sure how that would work having both screening and loading both inside, unless you plan on both sides (guests coming from outside and guests coming from inside, for those inside there will probably be very few throughout the day) doing screening and loading.

Or would it make more sense for those inside parking at the bottom level (provided there is parking on the bottom level) to just be funneled into the "outside" screening lines like everyone else since there would be fewer of those.

mm121

Construction seemed to have slowed in going to the third level. Maybe the lull before the storm.
Not sure it has really slowed, but now they are working on two/three levels at the same time.
And from the videos we mostly see the progress on the north side north east corner and not much of the South West corner as they are working to fill in the remainder of level 2 and 3 before moving to level 4

Old Mouseketeer

I think the big reveal will be what happens on the West and South. There are open questions about elevators, Magic Way overpass, and exit to the South.

Darkbeer1

Magic Way is a east west road between Disneyland Dr and Walnut. North side are the parking structures. south is DTD and the DLH

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
So we’re looking at something like this??

511E75D9-D21C-4A1B-AB4F-3A667A68AC7A.jpeg

Darkbeer1

This is something I have been talking about since the Eastern Gateway was announced.

From the staff report.

>>City staff and Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. (“Disney” or “property owner”) concur that constructing a pedestrian bridge over Magic Way would provide for safer pedestrian travel to and from the new parking structure currently under construction at 1351 Disneyland Drive. In addition, Disney and the City concur that a pedestrian bridge would improve traffic circulation in the vicinity and minimize the need for other potential future traffic and circulation improvements in the public right-of-way. The Encroachment Agreement would allow the property owner to encroach within the City’s landscape right-of-way adjacent to and over Magic Way, and would require Disney to construct and maintain the pedestrian bridge at the property owner’s sole expense. The Agreement also requires that Disney indemnify the City for claims arising from the pedestrian bridge. City staff considers the pedestrian bridge to be an important improvement for the public’s safety and benefit. It is therefore recommended that City Council approve the Encroachment Agreement and authorize the Mayor to sign the Agreement after it has been signed by the property owner. <<

The city WANTS these type of bridges throughout the Resort Area.

And if they can get the Pedestrians off the street and using bridges instead, it would greatly improve traffic on Harbor and Katella.

The city staff is ready if Disney resubmits the Eastern Gateway Project next year.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Now the cut-out (that space everyone keeps saying is the tram pass thru) in the escalator tower makes sense. It's for the stairs and the pedestrian bridge over Magic Way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom