Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Old Mouseketeer

Currently, the Mickey and Friends Structure has two public elevator shafts, right next to each other near the escalators.

A third shaft is in the rear of the structure, mainly for CM use.

I see two possibilities for this--either at the NE corner for access from the Ball CM lot, or the SE corner to make the Winston CM Gate accessible to CMs parking in M&F. Technically, they should do both. From what I've heard from CMs I know (including two with mobility issues) the SE corner would be the priority. Remember, the bottom level of M&F is actualy 1 1/2 stories, so climbing up and down is a bit much.

Unfortunately, parking accessibility for CMs with mobility impairments is not what you would expect. There's a wheelchair van on-call from K-Lot. All lots have handicapped parking, but no transportation from Ball Lot and possibly Harbor Lot, and no elevator access at M&F (which is available for part of most days).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
According to MC the pedestrian bridge will actually connect to the Cleo structure not on the "bridge" as was first thought. But slightly to the right on the first roundabout, shown here:

bridge1.jpg

And then will cross directly across the street and land in the DTD parking approx. where this sign is on Magic Way:

bridge2.jpg

Darkbeer1

According to MC the pedestrian bridge will actually connect to the Cleo structure not on the "bridge" as was first thought. But slightly to the right on the first roundabout, shown here:

View attachment 341798

And then will cross directly across the street and land in the DTD parking approx. where this sign is on Magic Way:

View attachment 341799

That matches the maps I posted from the City Council meeting.

Darkbeer1

So is there a security checkpoint before you enter the walkway or at the end?

The Security Checkpoint will be the current one at the North End of the former ESPN Zone. It might be redesigned, but will service both the current DtD parking Lot and the Walkway. The Walkway will be from the end of the bridge on the South side, where the end of the ramp will be. That is inside the current DtD parking lot on the North end, which will be near Disneyland Drive and Magic Way. The walkway will be along the east edge of the Parking Lot towards the Monorail Station, then it will go West along the South edge (the former Rainforest Café building) of the lot to the Security Check area.

This pathway has no vehicles crossing the pathway (minor exception for the former Rainforest Building/Monorail Station access), which will allow a safe and quick walk to and from the parking structure. There will be no elevators on the South side of the bridge, just an ADA approved ramp (proper slope and required level areas every so many feet).

Old Mouseketeer

Anyone have an update on opening time-frame of the structure?

Not really. They're still building the SW end of the top floor. There's another external staircase to go up on the East side. They're just getting ready to put the canopies over the escalators. They still have to build the roof over the rotunda structure and the pedestrian walkway over Magic Way. And they have to finish the elevators. Then there is all the interior finish work. Not sure about Spring Break, but I would think summer is a possibility. Perhaps some of our construction experts can shed more light.

TP2000

Anyone have an update on opening time-frame of the structure?

Neighbor Lady told me before Christmas that they were way behind schedule, and that TDA execs were coming up with panicky plans to open Star Wars Land with an unfinished parking structure and tram loading area. And that was two months ago before the rainy winter started.

Here's the latest from another favorite lady of ours. Does this look like it would be complete 120 days from now (mid June)??? It doesn't look like it to me.

Darkbeer1

I wouldn't feel safe parking my car there. They built that way too fast to actually make sure that it is fully safe.

Well, it is mainly LEGO Construction with pre made walls and floors. They are actually stronger than the old school pour on site construction. The concrete is cured and checked before transport to the site.

And when the structure is finished, still a lot of work to be done on the roadways to/from the structure. There is talk of a partial opening to help with that project, as Mickey and Friends has to have some changes, especially the toll booth area.

You might even get express lanes for pre-paid/AP parking drivers. Sounds like there will be an escape path to a human toll booth if you can't scan/don't have a valid barcode. A CM will verify the driver photo to the AP, and the camera should also be able to identify others. But can always send the car to the escape path if needed. Not sure if it will make the final cut.

DLR>WDW

Amazing progress on the structure this week. Second staircase in place, supports being added for huge topping piece, brackets installed for planters across the structure, and much more! It’s a little odd, but I’m extremely excited about this project. 😅 The rumored pass-member lanes mentioned by Darkbeer and the streamlined process to get to the parks is very intriguing.

Thanks for the updates, SILA!

PS Anyone have any updates regarding the bridge?

MoonRakerSCM

Please. With all the rules, regulations, and quality checks and double checks required for construction particularly in California, this thing is safe and sound for public use. The entire project has been quality controlled from the compacted native soils underneath it to the strengths of the prefabbed concrete inserts brought on site for the finishing touches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom