Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

DanielBB8

I've been perplexed by the style of Disney's outside the park design aesthetic lately. Parking structures, changes in Downtown Disney, the proposed hotel that was cancelled. All very uninspiring.
For Disney to build anything is inspiring. The alternative is building nothing, which is what happened for decades. One new parking structure for 2 decades. Still no new hotel. Not inspiring.

The Mur

At the council meeting. Just posted 4 photos at www.darkbeer.smugmug.com.

Feel free to post them here. They are a good look at the project.

Public access to the bridge is included.

Item 15 passed 7-0.

Unrelated but thank you DarkBeer for the link to your Smugmug. It was like going down memory lane. Was glad to find the pictures from your 11 coasters in 11 parks in 11 hours! I can't believe that was over 12 years ago!

Darkbeer1

Unrelated but thank you DarkBeer for the link to your Smugmug. It was like going down memory lane. Was glad to find the pictures from your 11 coasters in 11 parks in 11 hours! I can't believe that was over 12 years ago!

You are telling me! Came up a lot last June when I was back east.

Was a very fun day especially since I spent it with Lisa.

Darkbeer1

Included in the article is a higher resolution of the overall bridge artwork shown at the Council Meeting.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/12/disneyland-to-add-pedestrian-bridge-to-new-parking-garage/

>>The bridge will give visitors the option of skipping the parking tram shuttle and walking through Downtown Disney to and from the main gate esplanade.

The project makes financial sense for Disney because the pedestrian bridge would reduce the number of passengers using the parking trams and increase the number of potential shoppers passing through the Downtown Disney shopping district.

Disney expects the bridge to improve pedestrian safety and traffic circulation at Disneyland Drive and Magic Way, according to a press release from the parks.

The tram boarding area next to the Mickey & Friends garage will be reconfigured as part of the construction project.

Traffic improvements on the west side of the Disneyland resort will increase the number of entry lanes and speed arrival times for visitors accessing the dual parking structures once work is complete next year, according to the statement.<<

So here you go folks, Disney saying, forget more trams, either be prepared to wait awhile, or use our newest MaxPass option, using your own two feet and not even using the tram. Plus you can look (and buy) all the pretty, shiny things.

mm121

Included in the article is a higher resolution of the overall bridge artwork shown at the Council Meeting.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/10/12/disneyland-to-add-pedestrian-bridge-to-new-parking-garage/

>>The bridge will give visitors the option of skipping the parking tram shuttle and walking through Downtown Disney to and from the main gate esplanade.

The project makes financial sense for Disney because the pedestrian bridge would reduce the number of passengers using the parking trams and increase the number of potential shoppers passing through the Downtown Disney shopping district.

Disney expects the bridge to improve pedestrian safety and traffic circulation at Disneyland Drive and Magic Way, according to a press release from the parks.

The tram boarding area next to the Mickey & Friends garage will be reconfigured as part of the construction project.

Traffic improvements on the west side of the Disneyland resort will increase the number of entry lanes and speed arrival times for visitors accessing the dual parking structures once work is complete next year, according to the statement.<<

So here you go folks, Disney saying, forget more trams, either be prepared to wait awhile, or use our newest MaxPass option, using your own two feet and not even using the tram. Plus you can look (and buy) all the pretty, shiny things.
MaxPass Trams.....

Sadly with the direction Disney is moving it wouldn't surprise me for a second if they started charging to use the trams.

Parking w/ walking access to theme parks $20
Parking w/tram access to theme parks $50

Phroobar

No, get a FREE MaxPass with a minimum $100 purchase at the DTD Stores.....
tumblr_inline_mtu90g5TGq1sn6wsc_zps9bgujogl.gif

Old Mouseketeer

1. It would be better with covered speed ramps from the overpass to DTD.

2. On the aerial photograph the gold arrows seem to indicate there will be BOTH In and Out lanes to the Cleo structure from Magic Way.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
Micechat has some new photos. Hopefully we'll get a new SILA video this coming weekend.

From Magic Way looking towards Mickey and Friends:
Disneyland-Parking-Structure-8.jpg

Cutouts for future stairs:
Disneyland-Parking-Structure-3.jpg

Escalator support footings:
Disneyland-Parking-Structure-1.jpg

The still mysterious yet possible elevator location:
Disneyland-Star-Wars-8.jpg

Phroobar

Are we still debating the location of the elevators? It looked pretty obvious from the concept art where that would be.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Micechat has some new photos. Hopefully we'll get a new SILA video this coming weekend.

From Magic Way looking towards Mickey and Friends:
Disneyland-Parking-Structure-8.jpg

Cutouts for future stairs:
Disneyland-Parking-Structure-3.jpg

Escalator support footings:
Disneyland-Parking-Structure-1.jpg

The still mysterious yet possible elevator location:
Disneyland-Star-Wars-8.jpg

Well in my opinion, if the tram is going through the entire meat of the "tower", not just the "gap", as it appears in the new updated concept art. Then it seems like elevators wouldn't be in that location, as it would be opening right into the tram path. Unless its opening to the outside into the "plaza". Either way I think its going to the outside of the structure as I proposed in one of my posts in the original thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom