Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

mm121

I do agree with most of this, but the pink will likely be the security screening and then loading will be inside the structure. Also I would say all guest paths, escalator, elevators, and stairs, will lead into this courtyard. The courtyard is the public zone (allowing the public access to the bridge), whereas the pink area and inside the structure will be the secure zone.
I generically said loading zone instead of separating loading and security

But this is what I meant, think it's getting clearer where everything is going now.

mm121

As for the trams, looks like the Unload will be on the East side outdoors. Security Check and boarding will be underneath the structures on the ground floor.

20181010_053132-XL.jpg
It really looked like that canopy covering security was much larger in previous concept art from different angles

Rich T

Reminds me of Roller Coaster Tycoon.
If you wanted to move guests you could pick therm up with a claw from the sky
...or grab a custodian and drop the poor guy into a sea of barf to clean up. I'm so glad the original came to mobile! :D

Ismael Flores

I really hope that they have plenty of loading zones. right now with only the mickey and friends structure it could be a hassle to catch a tram, i can only imagine what it will be like with another few thousand guests.
Let's hope they have dual lanes for loading and that each lane has multiple load areas.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I really hope that they have plenty of loading zones. right now with only the mickey and friends structure it could be a hassle to catch a tram, i can only imagine what it will be like with another few thousand guests.
Let's hope they have dual lanes for loading and that each lane has multiple load areas.

I imagine they'll be loading 2 trams at a time.

Ismael Flores

I imagine they'll be loading 2 trams at a time.

I don't think that would be enough to handle the crowds. The original loading area had the capability of six load areas and they would all be used on busy days if necessary. They have the same six load and unload areas in DTD also and there are times where at least five of them are used. Now the parking structure will add several thousand more guests and strollers.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I don't think that would be enough to handle the crowds. The original loading area had the capability of six load areas and they would all be used on busy days if necessary. They have the same six load and unload areas in DTD also and there are times where at least five of them are used. Now the parking structure will add several thousand more guests and strollers.
How is it that if you add 1000 new parking spaces that means 1000 new cars will instantly take them? Does that mean 1000 cars have been turned away or circling before those spots existed?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

As far as I remember they never loaded more than one tram at a time even on busy days. And what I mean by loading is that two trams are actually loaded and moving from load to unload and back at a time instead of single dispatch.

Darkbeer1

Current Safety protocols do not allow two trams running at max speed (now about 5 MPH) to be near each other, A large gap must be maintained in case someone falls off the tram.

But multiple trams can be loaded, they just it and wait when filled.

Seems like two is the max they currently load.

And with only 4 stations at DtD, no way to expand service. A LOT of folks will be opting for the bridge and pathway.

Travel Junkie

This looks like an airport in any mid-sized city in America.

This parking and infrastructure expansion is sorely needed, and already a decade too late, but my gosh that looks bland and lifeless.

I've been perplexed by the style of Disney's outside the park design aesthetic lately. Parking structures, changes in Downtown Disney, the proposed hotel that was cancelled. All very uninspiring.

Ismael Flores

How is it that if you add 1000 new parking spaces that means 1000 new cars will instantly take them? Does that mean 1000 cars have been turned away or circling before those spots existed?

Those extra 1000 cars would have been redirected to Pumbaa or toy story lot and guests would either walk or take the buses. they would have no impact on tram capacity. Now those cars will drop guests off in the same tram area as before with less load and unload zones then before

Ismael Flores

As far as I remember they never loaded more than one tram at a time even on busy days. And what I mean by loading is that two trams are actually loaded and moving from load to unload and back at a time instead of single dispatch.

they only loaded one tram when parks on slow days and that is not many days. Even the ugly temporary security area that was placed in the oversize parking had two load areas working at same time and three unload areas. Crowds always formed and has gotten worse because load time has increased quite a bit

Disney Irish

Premium Member
they only loaded one tram when parks on slow days and that is not many days. Even the ugly temporary security area that was placed in the oversize parking had two load areas working at same time and three unload areas. Crowds always formed and has gotten worse because load time has increased quite a bit

I was specifically talking about loading and dispatching two trams at the same time. But as Darkbeer indicated that might not be possible due to safety regulations.

So then maybe instead of two loading they should load three and then stagger the dispatch.

Phroobar

Those extra 1000 cars would have been redirected to Pumbaa or toy story lot and guests would either walk or take the buses. they would have no impact on tram capacity. Now those cars will drop guests off in the same tram area as before with less load and unload zones then before
That doesn't mean they fill up both garages before sending people to Pumba or Toy Story. They often send people to TS while M&F was only half full.

SSG

kdcvjkdbvdfjve23423-624x351.jpg

Thu, October 11, 2018
New Pedestrian Bridge Added to New Parking Structure at Disneyland Resort
by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

As we announced last year, a new 6,500-space parking structure is currently under construction near the Mickey & Friends structure at the Disneyland Resort. We are pleased to share the project is starting to take shape and it will now also feature a new pedestrian bridge over Magic Way.

This new bridge will connect visitors from the parking structure—over Magic Way— to the rest of the resort, allowing guests the option to stroll through the Downtown Disney District to the theme parks’ Main Entrance. In addition, the new bridge eliminates the foot traffic crossing the street at Disneyland Drive and Magic Way, providing not only convenience, but also greater pedestrian safety and better traffic circulation.

Set to be completed next year, these parking and transportation enhancements—along with other existing parking options throughout the resort area—are designed to dramatically improve parking and traffic flow. The new parking structure is expected to significantly speed up guest arrival by providing a 60 percent increase in the number of access lanes and by adding parking capacity on the west side of the resort. In addition, the tram boarding area will be reconfigured to enhance the transportation experience for guests parking at both the new structure and Mickey & Friends.

We look forward to sharing more updates soon on the Disney Parks Blog!

Old Mouseketeer

It really looked like that canopy covering security was much larger in previous concept art from different angles

That's what I thought, too. Oh, those pesky renderings!

If this is showing the flow of entering traffic, this might confirm that there won't be much if any guest parking on the groundlevel of Cleo,

I'm guessing it's disabled parking or staging for trams on the ground floor.

Phroobar

I wonder if the pathway that parallels the tram route will be closed? Will we be forced to walk to DTD's parking lot and then over the bridge?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom