Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They didn't build the wall on the second level on the north side by the ramps

But they did build it for the third level

So they definitely don't always do it as the levels get built

It depends on the type of wall. But I did clarify this in another post saying they could use metal fencing if its a guest walk area.

The forms don't always show thge final product

It's easier to use big forms then just put in internal dividers for area you don't want filled with concrete

There's similar cut outs more to the north.

Most likely the front of the garage will have 2 sets of stairs one on both the north and south ends of the big canopy covering part of the plaza

I don't believe that opening is a bridge or a tunnel at all, I think the tram will go into the interior of the garage

And that opening has been simply for construction access

I had this thought too that the gap is just for construction pass-thru.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
View attachment 319297

The yellow is the stairs.
I believe the purple is one large elevator, possibly a passthrough style entering from each level on the South side then exiting on the ground level into the plaza.

As the tram route (red) appears to be going UNDER the area where the escalors (blue) and pedestrian bridge (green) connect instead of squeezing around the outside of structure . The elevator can't have a door on level one as the same side it can on levels 2 to 6

The loading zone (pink) then the rest of the team route is unseen under thge interioir of thge structure

I do agree with most of this, but the pink will likely be the security screening and then loading will be inside the structure. Also I would say all guest paths, escalator, elevators, and stairs, will lead into this courtyard. The courtyard is the public zone (allowing the public access to the bridge), whereas the pink area and inside the structure will be the secure zone.

TP2000

This looks like an airport in any mid-sized city in America.

This parking and infrastructure expansion is sorely needed, and already a decade too late, but my gosh that looks bland and lifeless.

20181009_210445-X2.jpg

Darkbeer1

Video link to the Council Meeting.

anaheim.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=2021

This is the RAW, full 7 hour and 45 minute version. It will be edited down to remove dead air, and re time stamped. When finish, you will be able to click on a specific item and be sent directly there.

Item 15, the Magic Way Bridge starts around the 4 hour and 10 minute mark, and has the 4 images I shared earlier.

The Item discussion lasts about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

OK, took pictures from the video, and are being uploaded to Smugmug.

Now, at home and being able to study the photos, a couple of things I noticed.

One, the waking pathway from the Parking Structures to Downtown Disney using the bridge.

A new sidewalk will be added, basically along the eastern edge of the current DtD Parking Lot ending near the Former Rainforest Café, and a security checkpoint. So basically where the current northwest one is now. Keeps the pedestrians and cars separated.

Also the south side of the bridge will be just a ADA compliant ramp for everyone to use (No elevator or escalators)

20181010_053106-XL.jpg

Darkbeer1

I’m glad you gave us the better pictures.

I was sitting in Chambers, and had no warning that they were going to show the photos.

I had a notepad on my lap, plus the agenda, and the phone reading a message.

So I had to switch to camera mode, zoom in, take the photo, and still listen.

My hands have nerve damage and don't work 100%. I was just happy I got the photos.

If anyone wants to watch the video and get better photos, great, I would love a higher def version.

You got what you got from me, even with the lack of sleep..... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom