Classic Disney shorts on Blu-Ray?

Mickey_777

Original Poster
Has anybody heard anything on whether or not the classic Mickey & pals shorts from the 30's/40's/50's etc. will be release in a Blu-Ray collection anytime soon? I'd really be interested in getting these on Blu-Ray.

Thrill

I'd love to see such a set myself. I have no information, unfortunately.

I think they stopped the Walt Disney Treasures DVDs a few years ago, though. Don't know if that means the model was bad or if they're just done with DVD.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I doubt they'll ever bother with Blu-Ray, the quality of the originals wouldn't fair well in that format. Re-mastering would be a momentous undertaking.

Animaniac93-98

I doubt they'll ever bother with Blu-Ray, the quality of the originals wouldn't fair well in that format. Re-mastering would be a momentous undertaking.

Remastering would be costly, but the idea that they would not fair well is not true. Anything "shot" with 35mm film benefits from the format, this includes any and all cartoons. Betty Boop is getting Blu-ray volumes this year, for example and the WB cartoons have sets as well.

Some shorts will be on the upcoming Blu-ray release of Mickey's Christmas Carol and other Disney blu-rays have them as bonus features, but most not in HD.

When Disney feels the cost of putting together a Blu-ray shorts collection will be offset by sales, then they will do so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom