Trip Report Clark & Ellen are headed on vacation! Alone!!! (Semi-Live) **Complete**

So, with many bumps in the road, along the way- and our 3rd ever trip anywhere alone, in many, many years- guess what??) Disney, the Beach? We are there!
This will be the longest trip, we have ever done alone since having kids.

Let’s just say- we need this!

I have 3 1/2 hours before I wake B up, and oh my gosh! Worse than waiting on Christmas!

A quick pic, of us, in September, last year, on a solo trip. 3 year olds. Basically.
85389EC6-C073-48FC-8E04-93F655F5534A.jpeg

I hate to ride in a car, B loves driving down- Thus the reason he is asleep and I am awake. He sleeps during the day and I stay awake. His hope is I will pass out and shut up and not complain.

With that said, if Life is a Highway - I wanna sleep all night long!

We also totally relate to the Griswolds, and you can bet that this will be played, full blast, as always as we depart!

Can you imagine if they made a Vacation movie with just Clark & Ellen? Lol

Hoping for a sunrise arrival again. This will be our shortest Disney trip ever at 4 days, but hey, still a Disney trip right? Looking very forward to laying on the beach for a Long time too. Day one Ft. Wilderness Cabins, then 3 days at Coronado-

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Absolutely still ocean this morning. I have never seen that, even at low tide on the Atlantic. Eerie even! Tons of little hermit crabs and more Jelly fish than I have ever seen in my life. (Been going to beaches since I was 2)
Those are all jellyfish pieces all up shore-
B hooked a huge sting ray but it broke the line when he got it close- it was his small reel. Those things fight like crazy! I was not quick enough to get a picture. A deer also went running up the dunes yesterday evening- he thought he was videoing but had camera turned around on phone. 😑
I so dread going back to reality next week.
Best vacation Ever!!!!!!
3F858A70-1736-4593-9EED-D70DC7066B39.jpeg
FDA93AA3-474A-4D65-B9F0-3BF99D6AF672.jpeg
F0BD8AC6-C8F6-4D04-85CA-8C5200539025.jpeg
F32AD945-B0FD-44F8-9699-A9233DA9E03C.jpeg
6A74B89D-A9CD-48C9-A1C0-3A4F9687D215.jpeg
C671E1DE-C670-45CC-AC0E-E2BAB565D822.jpeg
90585DE4-2B3D-49FB-8F63-3876511A4897.jpeg
84156FD5-345F-4340-95FF-AE3054719F25.jpeg
B018AEB2-EC88-4333-92D8-E430886AE049.jpeg

NessNewt

Absolutely still ocean this morning. I have never seen that, even at low tide on the Atlantic. Eerie even! Tons of little hermit crabs and more Jelly fish than I have ever seen in my life. (Been going to beaches since I was 2)
Those are all jellyfish pieces all up shore-
B hooked a huge sting ray but it broke the line when he got it close- it was his small reel. Those things fight like crazy! I was not quick enough to get a picture. A deer also went running up the dunes yesterday evening- he thought he was videoing but had camera turned around on phone. 😑
I so dread going back to reality next week.
Best vacation Ever!!!!!!View attachment 372007View attachment 372008View attachment 372009View attachment 372010View attachment 372011View attachment 372012View attachment 372013View attachment 372014View attachment 372015

Your beach pictures are getting me excited for summer! Except for the jellyfish.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It is cold at home, I am hoping we miss it though! Beautiful evening tonight- except that I stepped on some kind of fish in the surf. (Flounder maybe, it wasn’t a jelly fish or a crab but it scared me to death!) View attachment 372072View attachment 372073View attachment 372074View attachment 372075View attachment 372076
What a beautiful beach! It looks so peaceful.
That jellyfish looks like a giant pearl, I've never seen one IRL, so maybe I would've tried to touch it! 😖

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yuck - I’d be grossed out if I stepped on a fish! I love the beach but hate stepping on things in the water - that’s why I always have to wear wave walkers or some other type of beach shoe when I go into the water.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
What a beautiful beach! It looks so peaceful.
That jellyfish looks like a giant pearl, I've never seen one IRL, so maybe I would've tried to touch it! 😖
They supposedly can only sting you from the bottom but I would not chance it! Man of War are rare at least I hope around here but they can be fatal. These were cannonball Jellyfish. They sting but usually only make you sick and burns skin. Again not taking any chances though lol.
Yuck - I’d be grossed out if I stepped on a fish! I love the beach but hate stepping on things in the water - that’s why I always have to wear wave walkers or some other type of beach shoe when I go into the water.
I jumped out of the surf pretty darn quick. The sand dollar hunting immediately ended. 😂

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Love the Sand Dollar, are there a lot at that beach?
Tons! If you walk into surf as tide goes down you can find beds of them. I don’t take the green fuzzy ones because they are alive. I have a Christmas tree that I decorate with sand dollars all we found from here. Probably a box of 200 or more. Not many shells but sand dollar heaven. :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Side tracking a little, but sitting on the balcony and heard a little fella scream bloody murder from the pool- around 2 or so, and apparently had a poo in the pool. Mom and dad yelling at the little fella- don’t move, what did you do. Swim Diapers People- available everywhere pull ups are sold. 😡 Not his fault, parenting fault. Ugh!!!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Well unfortunately, it looks like our trip is coming to an end a little early. I woke up with a horrible Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare. :( Don’t know if it was the food I normally avoid or the walking but I barely made it to the beach today. Have a doc appt for Friday. I have had an amazing vacation though and can’t wait to redo it again in 96 days. I wanted to make the trek to Cumberland Island tomorrow to see the horses but we will do that in August!
Thanks for following along on our adventures and will post my final thoughts on the long ride home tomorrow!
B & another shark lol
3DC665F2-8F6F-4102-B479-B1D860924F73.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
The blue of the sky is incredible!
And sorry to hear your vacation is getting cut short

The sky is insanely blue and gorgeous the last two days.
And thank you. I can’t complain at all though. We left May 4th for Disney and been here since the 9th. I feel very blessed to have done a vacation this long when we were at Disney in September and November for a week each. Also have August to look forward to as well. Very blessed and very thankful. 😊 And—- I miss my cats!!!!!
4704FFF0-899D-4F3A-837A-9EF7EF8D3859.jpeg
E4B4302D-EB58-4F30-AD2F-BC5D05E3A273.jpeg

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Well unfortunately, it looks like our trip is coming to an end a little early. I woke up with a horrible Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare. :( Don’t know if it was the food I normally avoid or the walking but I barely made it to the beach today. Have a doc appt for Friday. I have had an amazing vacation though and can’t wait to redo it again in 96 days. I wanted to make the trek to Cumberland Island tomorrow to see the horses but we will do that in August!
Thanks for following along on our adventures and will post my final thoughts on the long ride home tomorrow!
B & another shark lolView attachment 372633
Sorry to hear about your RA flare, I hope you are feeling better. Sometimes when having so much fun, one doesn't realize how much exercise is involved!
Take good care of yourself!

Your next adventure (yey!) will be here before you know it 😀

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Well, 2 1/2 hours of road trip to go if we don’t hit anymore standstill traffic. I hate being in a car lol! Not to mention I am worrying about the 40 lbs of shrimp we are bringing back...

Anyway, it gives me a chance to wind this baby up while not driving B crazy for a little bit.

I had an absolutely wonderful time both at Disney and at the beach.

The smoking was not an issue for me but I am glad I got irritated and canceled the trip for awhile.
It let me do things I may have put off at home and do something nice. It also made me shorten the Disney trip and spend a longer time at the beach. I really, really enjoyed my beach relaxation time!

The crowds were higher than May 2016 but the F & G Festival Flowers and Food were worth it.

Cheerleaders and dance groups are horrid. Not all of them obviously.. lol but I will plan around that next time. The parents actually were worse than the kids though.
😑

I actually liked not being on the dining plan. First time in years we haven’t had it. It was nice not being tied to a table service everyday. I can’t eat a lot at one sitting so I like snacking a few times like we did at the booths.

Going on vacation couple only Rocks!!!!!

We plan on doing a lot more of that in the future.
Probably spending a quiet summer hiking and enjoying the pool waiting for our next Disney/Beach trip in August. 5 days each place. 94 days to go! Woohoo!

Oh and my flare has calmed down a bit but was limping still this morning. Nothing a steroid shot won’t help tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for following along!
See Ya Real Soon.
:)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom