News City Works Eatery and Pour House coming to Disney Springs in 2019

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Very cool. I did feel like this was a market that wasn't being "tapped" at DS. There really isn't a great selection of brews at the restuarants for a beer snob like me.
I don't find this to be the case at all. Maybe at one time, but now WDW has a pretty great selection of beers across the board. :shrugs:
Not even close. Hopefully this rectifies that. Curate a good selection. I realize there probably won't be a good NEIPA because there is no good NEIPA in FL, but maybe some goodwill guest taps from out of towners could fix that. I feel like this woman I saw on vacation a while back from VT. She brought her own maple syrup and beer with her. She just couldn't find anything acceptable in PA where we were.
Until very recently, NEIPAs were pretty much only in the North East. I find it hard to believe that with their explosive popularity now though, that a FL brewery hasn't developed a decent brew. I'll have to look into that a bit.

Where do you live btw? I am in North Jersey, have some recommendations for fantastic NEIPAs if you are interested.

righttrack

I don't find this to be the case at all. Maybe at one time, but now WDW has a pretty great selection of beers across the board. :shrugs:

Until very recently, NEIPAs were pretty much only in the North East. I find it hard to believe that with their explosive popularity now though, that a FL brewery hasn't developed a decent brew. I'll have to look into that a bit.

Where do you live btw? I am in North Jersey, have some recommendations for fantastic NEIPAs if you are interested.

Southwestern Connecticut border, but make monthly pilgrimages to Treehouse Brewing Co in Monson, MA and others. My local watering hole has 85 taps all N.E. Craft.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

I agree Epcot does, but in the Disney Springs area, the restaurants tend to only have a few options, most of which are your standards like Bud Light/ Blue Moon, etc. This place will be the most diverse on property which is a nice option to have on an off park day.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Southwestern Connecticut border, but make monthly pilgrimages to Treehouse Brewing Co in Monson, MA and others. My local watering hole has 85 taps all N.E. Craft.
I feel you. Folks deep into the craft beer scene will probably always crave more options than what we’ll ever realistically be able find in WDW. Also, you can never have enough Treehouse! Made off with a decent haul when I stopped there and Trillium back in July. Loaded up on Green and Haze from TH and DDH Fort Point and DDH Scaled from Trill.

I really need to hit up Monkish next time I’m out in LA.

sixbagelboy

I’m ready for the darts to fly towards me for saying this, but I’m less excited about this only because every other bar in DS allows kids to sit at the bar and it’s tough to enjoy beer and football with kids fidgeting, yelling, and running while the parents ignore them.

peter11435

I’m ready for the darts to fly towards me for saying this, but I’m less excited about this only because every other bar in DS allows kids to sit at the bar and it’s tough to enjoy beer and football with kids fidgeting, yelling, and running while the parents ignore them.
I agree “only” when they are my kids. Which is why I would never bring them to such a venue. If the kids belong to others than I can easily ignore them and tune them out completly.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This restaurant is already overpriced as is, can't wait to see what the DS location will do to prices
It will be in line with the overpriced DS restaurants. But is a restaurant really overpriced if it has a steady flow of patrons on a day to day basis?

cr3346

It will be in line with the overpriced DS restaurants. But is a restaurant really overpriced if it has a steady flow of patrons on a day to day basis?
I went to the one in Minneapolis a couple months ago and it was pretty dead. I guess a $16 cheeseburger and a $6, 16oz Coors Light will have that affect

It is a nice place though and will probably do well.

matt9112

clearly not...its what the market will bear however disney springs like the parks is somewhat of a monopoly....lots of visitors have no car etc. disney springs pricing doesn't have to be competitive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom