City of Orlando Sucks

palmage

really... most people from Miami will disagree with you. The numbers of people leaving South Florida for Orlando will shock you then. There are beautiful parts of Orlando, and there are horrid parts of Orlando. Which thanks to Disney, we locals can enjoy and appreciate without being disturbed by tourists :D

I'm actually not thinking about renewing my WDW AP since over the last few months, I've actually spent more time going outdoors, going swimming in the springs, going wakeboarding, and just doing things outside the theme parks... that well, an AP seems like a waste of money to me at this point. I have my PI AP and that will do me just fine.

Miami is no longer part of florida...................
It has been annexed to Cuba and the Bronx.:hurl:

The Mom

Premium Member
I know this is an old thread, but thought I would chime in.

When I first moved to the Jacksonville area (Orange park) I absolutely HATED it. It took a wonderful real estate agent (we were renting when we first arrived) who picked me up at our rental, took one look at all of my antigue furniture, and exclaimed, "You're looking in the wrong neighborhood!"

She arranged for a tour of homes for me in "old" jacksonville neighborhoods, and I fell in love. I've been living here and loving it for 25 years. :lol:

Skylinecar1982

I would love to know the % of people who say Orlando sucks have actually lived in Orlando plus other places. I mean how can you compare Orlando to something if you never experienced anything else.

I could tell you about living in Massachusetts but just the Boston area and South Shore area. I could never tell you about western mass or northern (as far as living there) I mean I could tell you what its like but not the actual living conditions.

Every place has its ups and downs. Negative people need to not give bias opinions. It's a waste of time for everyone.

The people who made that site http://www.orlandofloridasucks.com/tips.htm are extremely bias and most likely have never truly lived any where else if they live in Orlando at all. I wonder why if they hate it so much why do they live there.

"Welcome to the official Orlando Florida Anti-Tourism Site!" Thats funny without tourism your state would be just another state that doesn't stick out.

I couldn't tell you about living in Orlando or how much I love/hate it but I could tell you about why I don't and do like Massachusetts. And they would be valid reasons not
"4. DON'T MESS WITH TIGGER! He has molested one woman and last week he slapped a guy in the face... think I'm Joking?"

Complete Garbage!

wdwtrizz

Rebuttal

Well I am the webmaster of www.Orlandofloridasucks.com so I can reply to each item of your post.

>>The people who made that site >>http://www.orlandofloridasucks.com/tips.htm are extremely bias and most >>likely have never truly lived any where else if they live in Orlando at all. I >>wonder why if they hate it so much why do they live there.

I DO currently live in Orlando, I have lived in 3 other states that were HEAVEN compared to Orlando. I stay here because I have 5 years invested in a great job. It was a job opportunity that caused me to move here.

>>"Welcome to the official Orlando Florida Anti-Tourism Site!" Thats funny >>without tourism your state would be just another state that doesn't stick >>out.

Why would I care if I lived in a state that "sticks out"? I'm not even sure what that means. My job is not affected by tourism ONE BIT and would not slow down if Disney closed its doors tomorrow. The only change would be that it wouldn't take me 45 minutes to drive 2 miles in the mornings.

>>I couldn't tell you about living in Orlando or how much I love/hate it but I >>could tell you about why I don't and do like Massachusetts. And they >>would be valid reasons not
>>"4. DON'T MESS WITH TIGGER! He has molested one woman and last week >>he slapped a guy in the face... think I'm Joking?"
>>Complete Garbage!

My site has several pages of valid reasons. You didn't think that "tips.htm" was the whole site did you? Oh, and those two links by the "tigger" tip were both links to foxnews.com.. so if they are total garbage blame fox news and not me. If it didn't happen it was one heck of a hoax put on by the local media, courts, and even Disney itself. Most bad things that happen at Disney don't make the national news. In the old days it didn't make the local news, but that has changed.

I'm not sure why it would make you mad there is an Anti-orlando site since you are in Massachusetts.. I have never been there but I would bet you that its WAY better than Orlando.

drdoom1001

Miami-Dade county is junk and getting worse daily!! Western Broward and parts of Palm Beach are OK,at least better than Miami.Orlando aside from the attractions area isn't the greatest place in the world and has problems like any other city,but believe me I'll take Orlando any and every day over Miami.There really is many nice places to live and so much more to do!!

MattBoom

I moved to the Dr. Phillips area of Orlando last summer and I love it. The area I'm in isn't where most of the crime is.

wdwtrizz

Just wait

Yeah, I would say probably the first 3 years I lived here I thought it was great too... but you can only be cut off in traffic so many times by 84 Honda Civics before it starts to get anoying. Also wait until the first time you get mugged or your house/apartment gets broken into then come and talk to me... oh, and don't forget about 3 hurricanes back to back.. yeah, this place rocks..

MattBoom

I think I've already been cut off 84 times. I moved here from Marco Island, so hurricanes will be much less of a worry here than where I moved from.
My car's already been sideswiped at Epcot, but I haven't been mugged or broken into - that would suck. But none of my neighbors, who have lived here many years have been broken into or mugged, so I'm not worried about that.
If it ever gets to where I don't like living here, I'll move.
For now, it does rock!

beachclubbasics

East Orlando is pretty cool. When I told my family we'd be moving to Florida, they were convinced that we would be down in the boondocks somewhere. They thought the schools were the worst in the country. Some of them asked if there were any black students in my kids' school. Out of the blue, they ask. I asked, "What does that have to do with any of this?" Kids are kids. Personally, I like seeing a mixed heritage classroom, and most of my friends growing up were darker than me. (then again, I'm as pink as a piglet.)
For some reason, my northern relatives have been exhibiting the same backwater, ignorant attitude that they accuse Southerners of having. I think they are convinced that central Florida is full of rednecks, whereas I feel that Floridians are some of the friendliest people around. I like the community I live in. The school is amazing, having received top honors for years, and I feel is comparable to the Newton school system in Mass. In the ten years or so that my cousin has lived down here, the schools have improved dramatically from what he experienced. Like Number_6 said, the Waterford Lakes area is great. Beautiful area, lots of non-Disney things to do around here, and close proximity to the airport and shopping centers. It really has a quiet suburbian feel, even though it is part of the city of Orlando. My advice is that if you do not mind half an hour drive to work, there are many communities in the Orlando area that are affordable and comfortable, Waterford Lakes being one of them.

Great post! If you want to see rednecks...come to Southern NJ. They pride themselves on their ignorance and bigotry down here...oh and they'll tell you that.

Believe me, NJ royally sucks!

palmage

Great post! If you want to see rednecks...come to Southern NJ. They pride themselves on their ignorance and bigotry down here...oh and they'll tell you that.

Believe me, NJ royally sucks!
Ocala and north, thats where it gets "deliverence" red........except Jax
Anything south of that, the people are from somewhere else.

wedway71

I spent the last 33 years in Fl.I just moved to Indy 9 months ago.As much as I love WDW and Orlando, the heat 24/7,the Hurricanes, and crime made me take a break from the state.I will maybe come back to Fl more than likely Orlando but I am really enjoying a state that has seasons and hills.Im loving it I drive around just looking at the scenery alo of times.

wdwtrizz

Indy sounds nice... I used to live in Alabama many moons ago. Would you believe that people there will waive when they pass you, even if they don't know you! Here people will run you in the ditch with their tiny Honda Civic and flip you off as they drive by. I don't mean to sound negative.. maybe I am just the UNLUCKIEST person in the world but in my 8 years here I have experienced crime first hand (apartment broken into, and mugged - NOT at the same time haha), been hit while driving 4 times (never remotely my fault), every friend I make ends up moving off to another state... I have to stop its depressing me to keep listing things. I think the people that are happy here have never experienced a NICE state and don't realize how dreadfull it is here.

I spent the last 33 years in Fl.I just moved to Indy 9 months ago.As much as I love WDW and Orlando, the heat 24/7,the Hurricanes, and crime made me take a break from the state.I will maybe come back to Fl more than likely Orlando but I am really enjoying a state that has seasons and hills.Im loving it I drive around just looking at the scenery alo of times.

MKCustodial

Every place has its goods and bads. What you describe as common in Orlando is probably 10 times worse in Rio, we're about as much a tourism spot as Orlando. I also deal with bad traffic daily, stupid people (native and foreign), and we really don't want to get into violence, now, do we? :lol:

All I'm saying is you gotta look to the bright side of life, right?

wdwtrizz

Rodrigo is that you?

Every place has its goods and bads. What you describe as common in Orlando is probably 10 times worse in Rio, we're about as much a tourism spot as Orlando. I also deal with bad traffic daily, stupid people (native and foreign), and we really don't want to get into violence, now, do we? :lol:

All I'm saying is you gotta look to the bright side of life, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom