City of Orlando Sucks

GaryT977

MKT took me on a tour of downtown last week, and I really enjoyed it. Lots of cool shops and the landscaping is amazing. Puts downtown Lauderdale to shame.

Piebald

DDuckFan130 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it downright sad when we see the welcome sign for Miami-Dade county on our way back from WDW :cry: Not fair! :lol:

Well lucky for me I DON'T see the welcome sign to Miami-Dade County... I live in Broward :sohappy:

JMishy

I saw some pretty areas when driving around Orlando. I was almost tempted to move down there. Jacksonville, however, is another matter. I haven't been as impressed. We won't be here much longer anyway since dh is getting moved back to his office in NH in two months. The only thing that makes me sad about moving back is that I won't be so close to WDW anymore. :cry:

However, the crime index in Conway, NH is 32. :lookaroun

lunalovegoddess

East Orlando is pretty cool. When I told my family we'd be moving to Florida, they were convinced that we would be down in the boondocks somewhere. They thought the schools were the worst in the country. Some of them asked if there were any black students in my kids' school. Out of the blue, they ask. I asked, "What does that have to do with any of this?" Kids are kids. Personally, I like seeing a mixed heritage classroom, and most of my friends growing up were darker than me. (then again, I'm as pink as a piglet.)
For some reason, my northern relatives have been exhibiting the same backwater, ignorant attitude that they accuse Southerners of having. I think they are convinced that central Florida is full of rednecks, whereas I feel that Floridians are some of the friendliest people around. I like the community I live in. The school is amazing, having received top honors for years, and I feel is comparable to the Newton school system in Mass. In the ten years or so that my cousin has lived down here, the schools have improved dramatically from what he experienced. Like Number_6 said, the Waterford Lakes area is great. Beautiful area, lots of non-Disney things to do around here, and close proximity to the airport and shopping centers. It really has a quiet suburbian feel, even though it is part of the city of Orlando. My advice is that if you do not mind half an hour drive to work, there are many communities in the Orlando area that are affordable and comfortable, Waterford Lakes being one of them.

WDWPixie

Celebration is an amazing place to live!

That's where I live Sept-May and its absolutely amazing. It's safe, and you end up gaining money on your hosue if you want to sell it, so if you can afford it, do it because houses are going up so much in there that now for what we paid for my house we can sell it for 5 times the amount that we bought it for...

It's expensive but I think its worth it. It's pretty safe and it looks nice... and it's in a great location to the happiest place on earth. :)

It's a lil community where you really do get to know your neighbors, etc... :) And the fact that the alleys have street-lights is just... odd... It's very leave-it-to-beaver but you'll love it once you're there. :) You feel safe which is... a nice thing.

lisahb

reply to crime index

Anyone want to live in New Orleans Crime index 494, However I live in Kenner, a suburb of New Orleans....That's only 97, but I did get my car stolen once

wdwtrizz

www.orlandofloridasucks.com

Well I guess Orlando Florida sucks because there is even a website about it!! What other city has that!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I got burnt on this thread. :lol:

I didn't look at the date and then ran across a post from Thrawn . :eek: :lookaroun :lol:

Valawen9

I happen to like where I live...its a nice area and everything around me is relatively new.

Its no Palm Beach, that'll always be my home, but I love it here. :p

WDWPrnces02

Living in michigan is no walk in the park......many people are loosing jobs left and right....depending on the city you live in their isnt many things to do....And dont get me started on the weather...YUCK!!!!

I live just outside of ann arbor, mi.....And Im soooooooo bored!!!!!

I find Orlando to be not only entertaining (around each corner).....but rejuvenating.....Very helpful for someone with the seasonal woes.....

Thats my 2 cents....:wave: :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom