Citricos turning into V & A Bistro?

Mickey5150

I would be shocked if they would include the words "Victoria and Albert's" in the new name. It dilutes the value of the original restaurant, especially if the new place doesn't deliver on quality and service. Also imagine how many people will have no clue that it's not the 5 star restaurant and tell their friends that the restaurant was simply fine or ok but not an exceptional experience. This is a fail on so many levels. I can see them changing the restaurant but if they include V&A in the name, they are idiots.
If they called it V&A Bistro, using the letters not the name, they could imply a connection without actually using the name. It could still be a signature sit down restaurant and by adding the V&A move it a little more upscale.

durangojim

If they called it V&A Bistro, using the letters not the name, they could imply a connection without actually using the name. It could still be a signature sit down restaurant and by adding the V&A move it a little more upscale.
I thought of that too while I was writing it. It might be a work around but I still think using Victoria and Albert's is a poor choice.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know anything about this but it makes sense.

In my opinion the Grand lobby could use a freshening up at the very least. It is still enjoyable but after seeing what they can do with Gran Destino they could up their game with the Grand. It is supposed to be their top tier resort. I am not the only one who feels this way. I was overhearing a conversation in the Dahlia lounge with some people who said that the Grand needs an upgrade after this.

They should add more floors and make it bigger.

FigmentFan82

Original Poster
This is coming from the same company who is bringing us the “Regal Eagle Smokehouse”...
https://i.imgur.com/1CEG505.jpg

DisneyDebRob

I think the implication here is that Citricos isn't going away, simply being rebranded as Victoria & Albert's Bistro. So you'd still have V&A Bistro and Narcoosee's as good table service options
Okay, misunderstood then. I guess with hearing bistro, my mind just goes to a big river grille or places like that. Not the upscale the GF is about.

SpaceMountain77

This marks the second occasion that the site that shall not be named has used the word gut to describe the reimagining at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. To be clear, to gut is to remove or destroy completely the internal parts of a building or other structure. From my perspective, the reimagining of a bar and restaurant does not constitute gutting. Moreover, the concept art for the Beauty and the Beast inspired bar seems to indicate that most of the architectural elements of Commander Porter's will remain.

My family and I visit Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa two to three times per year. The main building is, indeed, tired and dated. Having eaten at Citricos on several occasions, I honestly find it easy to date the atmosphere to the 1990s. Further, it is not difficult to secure a same-day reservation. Several guest spaces, including M. Mouse Mercantile and Summer Lace, require the same freshening that we have seen at Gasparilla Island and Sandy Cove.

If future directions follow the design cues from the villas, then the Grand can easily remain a Victorian-style hotel with modern day conveniences ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom