Citricos turning into V & A Bistro?

carolina_yankee

I think the last time my wife and I dined there last year it was about $750 for the two of us.
we did the Wagyu upcharge....then they had a truffle upcharge we split at the table of 4...we also did the caviar service and split it at the table for the 4 of us... I think that is probably why we ended up at 1k... we also had a cocktail on arrival... it all adds up...and it also adds up to an absolutely amazing experience!!

It's not the you can't run up $500 - $1000 tabs for a couple, my point was that you don't have to. Disney gets plenty of knocks (mostly justified) for high prices. I didn't want to leave the impression that you *had* to spend that much at V&A. The base menus are outstanding, but add-ons certainly add a new level of stellar. They just aren't essential to the experience (unlike other Disney experiences where up-charges make things more palatable, pun intended).

That said, we're planning on a birthday dinner at Takumi-Tei in August, I'm beginning to think that might approach $500.

Dirk

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's not the you can't run up $500 - $1000 tabs for a couple, my point was that you don't have to. Disney gets plenty of knocks (mostly justified) for high prices. I didn't want to leave the impression that you *had* to spend that much at V&A. The base menus are outstanding, but add-ons certainly add a new level of stellar. They just aren't essential to the experience (unlike other Disney experiences where up-charges make things more palatable, pun intended).

That said, we're planning on a birthday dinner at Takumi-Tei in August, I'm beginning to think that might approach $500.

Dirk
My opinion - just that - is if you rack up $1000 at V and A’s...you’re trying too hard.

Why not just go to a Michelin somewhere for a truly unique?

V&A is great...it always has been. But Disney is not “luxury”. It just has fancy wrapping paper on it

Disone

Anything really. Work progress, design direction, possible reopening date, menu changes, photos...
When I have heard discussions of its re-opening, they seem to still call it Citricos.

One thing I have heard is there has been a delay due to.... Carpet. Apparently they have decided to change the flooring after the brand new carpet was installed. Who ever are the decision makers on that, they did not like it. Not sure what the new flooring will be, another carpet pattern or a totally different flooring all together.

I look foward to what ever it re-opens as.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When I have heard discussions of its re-opening, they seem to still call it Citricos.

One thing I have heard is there has been a delay due to.... Carpet. Apparently they have decided to change the flooring after the brand new carpet was installed. Who ever are the decision makers on that, they did not like it. Not sure what the new flooring will be, another carpet pattern or a totally different flooring all together.

I look foward to what ever it re-opens as.

I think you’ll see very few carpets in the future...because they are more difficult to give the PERCEPTION of clean.

Just a hunch

castlecake2.0

I think you’ll see very few carpets in the future...because they are more difficult to give the PERCEPTION of clean.

Just a hunch
As someone who has had to sweep mashed potato/spaghetti/corn niblets/peas/whipped cream and many other things out of the carpeted floor of a Disney restaurant, I can understand the desire of removing it, though the last time our flooring was redone it was replaced with custom made carpet again.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Last I heard bistro is off. It will return in July as citricoos.
Thats a shame. I blame the Disney Dining Program for its decline and ceasing to be "a fresh, upscale restaurant with incredible service and food to match. " It was tired and pretentious.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That happened long ago…but you know “free dining!”

🙄

The good news is we followed chef Dominique Filoni over to Topolino's Terrace where (besides the awful chewy bread-like substance) the food and dining experience is absolutely wonderful! Its a night and day comparison between the two places.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I never tried Citrico's as we usually would go to Narcossee's. I would try it if it came back, maybe things will improve with the 16 month break it had?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom