Cirque's La Nouba Closing?

Disone

Fun fact after reading CirqueSpotlight: La Nouba and Zed share the same interior layout.
This seem extremely unlikely. You tube it! La Nouba's and Zed's stages are drastically different. Perhaps it was referring to the seating arrangement around the stage, in which case Myster is also very similar.

Finally! Does this mean "wishes" could finally "close" too? Hope hard.

I think Disney World id better off without a cirque show, which have all cannibalized each other worldwide.

Hey... 19 year long run, La Nouba can hardly be considered a failure. While not the longest running Cirque show, its has run longer then many many others.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Paramour is closing on Broadway next month. If it fits into a Broadway theatre (albeit one of the largest stage houses on Broadway) it would probably fit into the La Nouba theatre. Possibly as a temporary show until a new show could be created for the space?

seriously? DANGIT!!!!! I'm going to NYC for the 1st time this fall and really wanted to see it.

artvandelay

seriously? DANGIT!!!!! I'm going to NYC for the 1st time this fall and really wanted to see it.
Cirque has not had luck with establishing a long term show in NYC. Banana Shpeel was a flop. Zarkana only lasted 2 summers at Radio City. Paramour did not get good reviews, but was doing ok at the box office. Cirque actually worked on the show after opening and improved it, but it wasn't enough to keep it running.

biggy H

We have got tickets to see it one last time in September. Got a bargain, cat 2 tickets for roughly $30 each (£24) from a UK tour operator. We wouldn't be going if we had to pay normal ticket prices.

Disone

They are carbon copies, except the ZED theatre was made much larger. Like you mentioned, the stage being obviously much larger in scale etc
There is no way they are carbon copies. Lanouba does not have a circular trampoline in the middle of it. Zed does not have the long jump trampolines criss crossing it nor do I see the four elevators.

Disone

Look, the guy on cirque spotlight who real vedette this tidbit knows way more than you ever will about Cirque. He's on par with Martin on these forums. Take it or leave it but he's right

Except for I've seen both shows and the stages are quite different. They do not do the same things they do don't have the same physical attributes. That's all I'm saying here.

Imagineerland

The theater arrangement is roughly the same between shows. Rounded thrust stage with 180 degrees of seating. The specifics are not exact, but its close enough. Google the seating charts if you want to see.

The actual stage and acrobatic equipment, as has been said, is totally different, but all that is custom to each show. The stage and set and equipment of La Nouba will be replaced with the design for the next show. Unless they are incredibly cheap with it, but Cirque has previously been extremely custom for their shows.

So the point is that hypothetically, the theater arrangement and form is roughly the same as Zed, so it would not be impossible to install Zed in the existing shell of a theater. No guarantee or promise, but logistically it nearly makes sense.

cjkeating

We have got tickets to see it one last time in September. Got a bargain, cat 2 tickets for roughly $30 each (£24) from a UK tour operator. We wouldn't be going if we had to pay normal ticket prices.

Could I ask where you got the tickets from? I'm also a UK resident and would like to see La Nouba for the first and final time later in the year.

Smooth

Has it been announced what is taking the place of La Nouba? I think this would be really cool.
TORUK - The First Flight

Cirque du Soleil in a stunning new light.

Inspired by James Cameron's Avatar, Cirque du Soleil transports you to the world of Pandora in a visually stunning live setting. Experience a storytelling odyssey through a new world of imagination, discovery and possibility.
th

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They haven't announced it yet but are saying they are working on something new. I personally rather a whole new Cirque show exclusive to WDW like La Nouba was. I have seen Toruk locally and although it is a beautiful show I wouldn't want it at WDW. ;)

raymusiccity

They haven't announced it yet but are saying they are working on something new. I personally rather a whole new Cirque show exclusive to WDW like La Nouba was. I have seen Toruk locally and although it is a beautiful show I wouldn't want it at WDW. ;)
I agree. Why would anyone pay top dollar to see more of what they just came from?! Mounting a Star Wars show would face similar diminishing returns.

sxeensweet

I agree. Why would anyone pay top dollar to see more of what they just came from?! Mounting a Star Wars show would face similar diminishing returns.
Torku is no longer touring the United States; and there are no plans to ever return the show here or to establish it as La Nouba's replacement. The current rumor among the Cirque community is a new show inspired by Disney animation.

That's what I have heard too so far and sounds awesome! Cirque is amazing at creating and so is Disney so the next show will likely be amazing. Can't wait to see what is in store. ;)

sxeensweet

Toruk was not a good show. Visually beautiful, but the only Cirque show I've seen where people left at intermission and didn't come back.

Wow! We loved the whole thing. And no one left early at the venue well at least not anything noticible. Lol Never seen a Cirque show we didn't love yet. Going see the new Crystal (an ice show first time ever done by Cirque du Soilel) in October. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom