Cirque's La Nouba Closing?

El_Tomato

I agree. This is the place to showcase Disney's IP. I could also envision them doing a couple Disney shows in repertoire, so that even if you saw - for example - Beauty and the Beast on your last WDW trip, you could choose to go see Mary Poppins this time. (And it would provide cross marketing for whatever Disney has on Broadway "If you enjoyed this... catch ____ at the New Amsterdam theatre in NYC.") The dinner and show package is another great idea.
I totally agree. Just imagine a Broadway-styled theatre like in SDL's Downtown Disney, but even bigger. I'm pretty sure that would bring a lot of guests (including myself) to the area.
please bring Hunchback to the stage please please please

Last edited:

lifeguard1020

Has anyone here seen Luzia?
And if Le Grand Chapiteau comes to Disney Springs in the interim before a new permanent show, does anyone have a preferred choice?
This interests me, but I had heard that Corteo would be coming back in some form. Supposedly they were considering bringing it back as a stadium show, but now I don't know. They just said it was being redesigned...

mickeyfan5534

Has anyone here seen Luzia?
And if Le Grand Chapiteau comes to Disney Springs in the interim before a new permanent show, does anyone have a preferred choice?
Personally, either Saltimbanco or Alegria. Preferably Alegria as design wise it's very Disney. Runner up would be Quidam but that might be a bit too dark for modern management.

mm121

I saw Toruk and it was really horrible, unbelieveable bad. I can't imagine they would bring that to DS. I wish they would change the whole theater over to Disney broadway shows.

what with all the toruk hate?

what exactly did people hate about it?

while yes it is different than the other shows, i knew that before going, and thought it was great

mm121

This interests me, but I had heard that Corteo would be coming back in some form. Supposedly they were considering bringing it back as a stadium show, but now I don't know. They just said it was being redesigned...

corteo was cool, but it used an entirely different grand chapiteau design with the audience on both sides with the stage going across in the middle.

so it would have to be entirely altered, and not in a good way

i did like how the actors "flew" from one side to the other

lifeguard1020

corteo was cool, but it used an entirely different grand chapiteau design with the audience on both sides with the stage going across in the middle.

so it would have to be entirely altered, and not in a good way

i did like how the actors "flew" from one side to the other
Sorry...I referring to the possibility of the temporary show. Like I said, it was supposed to be being redesigned...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Welp...this isn't the news I wanted. Disney has officially closed every location I worked at while on the college program (PI, Disney Quest & Cirque). Looks like I'll be in Orlando 12/31/17 as long as I can get tickets to the final show... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

the.dreamfinder

If I was running Disney I would make it a Disney based theater that shows a broadway style show. An original show would be great. With all the new posh restaurants at the Springs you could easily make a dinner and show package. Most people go to Disney to see Disney entertainment, so I think this would be a hit. Also I think changing the show every few years makes more sense than keeping something for 20 years. I enjoyed La Nouba and so did my kids, but I welcome the change.

I agree. This is the place to showcase Disney's IP. I could also envision them doing a couple Disney shows in repertoire, so that even if you saw - for example - Beauty and the Beast on your last WDW trip, you could choose to go see Mary Poppins this time. (And it would provide cross marketing for whatever Disney has on Broadway "If you enjoyed this... catch ____ at the New Amsterdam theatre in NYC.") The dinner and show package is another great idea.

I totally agree. Just imagine a Broadway-styled theatre like in SDL's Downtown Disney, but even bigger. I'm pretty sure that would bring a lot of guests (including myself) to the area.
please bring Hunchback to the stage please please please
Hard pass on Disney's Broadway shows coming to this space. Disney makes good money with its current Broadway shows and their touring business does well. Also, I believe a certain spirit said Disney is having a great deal of trouble trying to fill The Lion King over at Disneytown.

Disone

I've seen this show 9 times and always look forward to the next. Each seat offers a different vantage point to enjoy the show differently from. The people with me are amazed by this show, the highlight of their trip. I've seen many of the traveling shows and hope that if they bring one here temporarily it is Saltimbanco, which I've seen twice, and was the closest in quality to La Nouba...and I've never seen a La Nouba show that had empty seats let alone half empty (I generally see the late show)
I just saw it last, first time since the new clowns and the break dancing. I loved all the update and changes. I don't know how many times I have seen La Nouba, but it has been about two years since the last time, and that was too long. That said, last night's 9:00 show was definitely only half full. Friday night and half full.... I guess it is time for it to go:( Not sure if replacing it will bring back the crowds. I bet it could find an audience in Las Vegas.

the.dreamfinder

I just saw it last, first time since the new clowns and the break dancing. I loved all the update and changes. I don't know how many times I have seen La Nouba, but it has been about two years since the last time, and that was too long. That said, last night's 9:00 show was definitely only half full. Friday night and half full.... I guess it is time for it to go:( Not sure if replacing it will bring back the crowds. I bet it could find an audience in Las Vegas.
I wonder if they could move it to DLP?

Daddyoh

La Nouba has had it's run and it was enjoyable the times we saw it, but a change is warranted we feel. As previously mentioned a show change from another venue site like Vegas is an excellent idea, particularly if it could be "LOVE" classic Beatle music would be a tremendous win fall for all. What a better way to give our British visitors or any visitor a most likely familiar feel for the contribution of such performers as the Beatles. I know for us this would be a MUST visit on every annual visit to WDW, lets face it how can you go wrong with the Beatles, I don't think you can. Imagine, the feel of the exiting viewers of this show, I bet they all would have smiles and humming their favorite tune as they enjoy the rest of their visit to The Springs . What a positive feel this would give all of WDW.

Disone

I think it would ultimately suffer the same fate, in a theme

I think ultimately it would meet the same fate. Even did not last at TDL. In Vegas the clearly thrive, but perhaps as a compliment to a Disney Vacation, its just second fiddle to the typical Disney Visitor. They go *IF* they have the extra money *AND* (not or) the extra time. And now that all the locals have seen it (I am in the teens of viewings, but I am sure I am way more then most locals).

brb1006

I'm going to miss the clown duo that showed up in the start of the show. I remember when I seen it in Spring of 2015, one clown was carrying a giant birthday cake and the other tried to blow it out along with the clown holding it. They went up to the guy who's birthday it was that day and he successfully blew the candles out.

JoeCamel

That's literally impossible. Those shows were designed in customer theatres and the only way they could be replicated is if Cirque gutted the theatre. If we get a new show it would be one designed specifically for this space
While you are correct that the space was built for the show I am sure they could work "Frozen on ice" into that space with little effort.....:facepalm:

Siren

A post on the official Disney Parks Blog said “Given Disney’s strong relationship with Cirque du Soleil over the years, we may soon have news to share about exciting new entertainment coming to Disney Springs so stay tuned.”

Lakiya Arrington, spokeswoman for “La Nouba,” was more definite, though she declined to discuss details.

“There will be news to come,” she said.

Well, Obviously this means that a new show is in the works. I can't imagine Disney tearing down that beautiful building or even just letting sit and go to waste.

I'm thinking it's either going to be a new Cirque du Soleil show that incorporates either Marvel or Star Wars -- which would be very exciting and the first of its kind. Or, at the very least Toruk. Can't wait for more details.

ETA: Toruk doesn't seem very child friendly like La Nouba, so no.

Last edited:

artvandelay

Paramour is closing on Broadway next month. If it fits into a Broadway theatre (albeit one of the largest stage houses on Broadway) it would probably fit into the La Nouba theatre. Possibly as a temporary show until a new show could be created for the space?

Flynnwriter

Finally! Does this mean "wishes" could finally "close" too? Hope hard.

I think Disney World id better off without a cirque show, which have all cannibalized each other worldwide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom