Cirque du Soleil La Nouba Tickets

JohnD

Original Poster
My family and I are going to WDW 4/5-9. We have decided to see Cirque du Soleil La Nouba the evening of 4/5.

I realize that is outside of the current discounted ticket offer. My mother has decided she can't wait to find out if there are any other deals after that so wants to "pull the trigger" and get Category 1 seats for 4/5 now.

Any recommendations of where to purchase? Maybe even to get several dollars off the regular price?

JohnD

Original Poster

Thanks. They only sell Category 2. While I understand that Mousesavers says those are the "best value" my mother has determined she wants Category 1. Her decision.

However, another question. Is it possible to purchase specific seats. I called the Disney La Nouba number twice and they said that, after you select category and number of seats, you can only purchase seats that appear randomly in their system.

Mukta

True. You can't pick specific seats. I was able to buy ticket way ahead of time and I picked 'best available' in Category 2. I got the row directly behind category 1 for a lot less money. It was a great deal. I hope your category 1 seats end up where your Mom will be happy.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Category 1 isn't worth the extra $$ IMO. I used to work at La Nouba in the box office (2003-2004). I've seen the show from every possible angle (front row all the way up to the sound booth above the stage) and Category 2 is where it's at. Sections 203-205 specifically. Much of the show takes place 'above' the stage and category 1 is too close - again IMO.

JohnD

Original Poster
Cirque-Seating-Chart.jpg
Cirque-Seating-Chart.jpg
Category 1 isn't worth the extra $$ IMO. I used to work at La Nouba in the box office (2003-2004). I've seen the show from every possible angle (front row all the way up to the sound booth above the stage) and Category 2 is where it's at. Sections 203-205 specifically. Much of the show takes place 'above' the stage and category 1 is too close - again IMO.

Okay. So here are the specific requirements of my mother:
  1. While she will be wheeled in a wheelchair around DTD and the parks, she is capable of navigating under her own power within a building, so we need a place to stow a wheelchair. She doesn't need nor does she want to be wheeled into a wheelchair spot.
  2. She would like an aisle seat to be able to "powder her nose", if needed.
  3. Originally when looking at the layout, she wanted to know if I could get lower rows in Category 2, primarily sections 203-205. That would be row FF of thereabouts.
  4. Now, she is thinking Category 1, primarily 102 and 104, although 203 and 205 work for her too. So, she is willing to spend the extra money. Would rows AA to EE in Category 1, sections 203 and 205 be good choices?
Also, what is your experience in acquiring seats? Should we get seats now because we might lose out if we hold out for another deal after March 15? My guess is that another deal is unlikely.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
  1. While she will be wheeled in a wheelchair around DTD and the parks, she is capable of navigating under her own power within a building, so we need a place to stow a wheelchair. She doesn't need nor does she want to be wheeled into a wheelchair spot.
  2. She would like an aisle seat to be able to "powder her nose", if needed.
  3. Originally when looking at the layout, she wanted to know if I could get lower rows in Category 2, primarily sections 203-205. That would be row FF of thereabouts.
  4. Now, she is thinking Category 1, primarily 102 and 104, although 203 and 205 work for her too. So, she is willing to spend the extra money. Would rows AA to EE in Category 1, sections 203 and 205 be good choices?
Also, what is your experience in acquiring seats? Should we get seats now because we might lose out if we hold out for another deal after March 15? My guess is that another deal is unlikely.

1 - Let an usher know the wheelchair needs to be stored & they will store it for her during the show - she can ride the elevator up (if needed) as well.
2 - I'm not sure if there is the ability to call the box office directly anymore to request aisle seats. I would call Disney and ask (1-407-w-Disney). Keep in mind at several points in the show - there is something going on in the walkway between the upper & lower bowls so she will be unable to leave her seat. The show is 90 minutes without an intermission.
3 - AA-FF in any of the 200-sections are my favorite seats..you can't go wrong!
4 - 104 H seat 1 and 102 H seat 16 are 2 of my favorite seats in the "lower bowl" - I've seen the show from both of these seats before
- that being said 203, 204 & 205 EE are my favorite category 2 seats

Especially if she is requesting an aisle seat - get tickets now! Remember there are 2 shows and usually more (better) seats available for the later show.

Regardless of where you decide to sit - you will LOVE the show!!!

JohnD

Original Poster
1 - Let an usher know the wheelchair needs to be stored & they will store it for her during the show - she can ride the elevator up (if needed) as well.
2 - I'm not sure if there is the ability to call the box office directly anymore to request aisle seats. I would call Disney and ask (1-407-w-Disney). Keep in mind at several points in the show - there is something going on in the walkway between the upper & lower bowls so she will be unable to leave her seat. The show is 90 minutes without an intermission.
3 - AA-FF in any of the 200-sections are my favorite seats..you can't go wrong!
4 - 104 H seat 1 and 102 H seat 16 are 2 of my favorite seats in the "lower bowl" - I've seen the show from both of these seats before
- that being said 203, 204 & 205 EE are my favorite category 2 seats

Especially if she is requesting an aisle seat - get tickets now! Remember there are 2 shows and usually more (better) seats available for the later show.

Regardless of where you decide to sit - you will LOVE the show!!!

1. Thanks!
2. We "bit the bullet" and bought aisle seats 1-3. See below.
3. Great! The seats we got were Section 205, Row CC, Seats 1-3. They're Category 1 but we're comfortable with that.
4. Good to know for future reference. Seats now bought!

mergatroid

The year before last my dad picked up tickets for us from the box office in advance specifically to get us front row tickets. Mrs M and I live in England and had spent years trying to book tickets online for the front row without success. We could get the block online but the rows in the block couldn't be selected that way and we were never able to get front row seats. My dad who is retired now spends about four periods a year in Orlando and so was able to pop down in person to the box office and request front row, they had absolutely no problem in allocating specific tickets using that method. He did however purchase those tickets around 6 months in advance of the performance so I have no idea how you would get on availability wise closer to the time.

One thing to mention though. As much as we loved being front row for one performance, we probably wouldn't do it again for one reason. When you're so close to the stage you do lose a bit of 'feel' about the show. So close up you miss the overall stage visuals which are at their best around half way up, it's hard to explain but the overall image of everything blending in is definitely lost a bit there. We've seen the show numerous times so I'm not just making this up, it really is the honest way I feel.

Anyway, goodluck and I hope you really enjoy this spectacular show :)

ENJOY THE SHOW!!!

On our honeymoon I went all in and got tickets 1st row Front and Center directly in the middle. I only did it because my wife was a huge Cirque fan! But 2 minutes in I was hooked, absolutely loved it! I even got pulled up on stage and was part of an act. Definitely was very memorable!

rangerbob

I've done front row in section 101 before. Never again. My neck hurt for the next week. To see the high stuff you had to kick you feet out and touch the stage and slouch way down in the seat to see and then you missed the stuff that was going on at stage level. I've also seen it in section 204 right next to the sound booth and I loved that area to see the show. I would recommend the 2nd level in the bottom 5 rows. I used to work at the reservation center and every so often we would receive an envelope with surprise tickets enclosed for us to experience it so we could talk it up and sell it to the guests. I think I've seen LaNouba 5 times.

JohnD

Original Poster
I've done front row in section 101 before. Never again. My neck hurt for the next week. To see the high stuff you had to kick you feet out and touch the stage and slouch way down in the seat to see and then you missed the stuff that was going on at stage level. I've also seen it in section 204 right next to the sound booth and I loved that area to see the show. I would recommend the 2nd level in the bottom 5 rows. I used to work at the reservation center and every so often we would receive an envelope with surprise tickets enclosed for us to experience it so we could talk it up and sell it to the guests. I think I've seen LaNouba 5 times.

We bought tickets for Section 205, Row CC, Seats 1-3

Disneykings

If you call to purchase, you can request specific seats.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? I want to book tickets for my daughters birthday in October this year as a suprise. Can I call disney on the UK reservations number to do this once there on sale? Sorry, first visit to USA and still not sure how everything works. :geek:

Tinkerbell397

You will be very happy with your purchase. We were there in November and sat in Section 204 Row cc Seats 1&2. By mistake, my husband and I sat the wrong seats before the show started. Once we realized our mistake, we got up and took the seats that we purchased. The more expensive seats have more room (bigger) and more leg room. I know it was not my imagination, because my husband said the same thing. We would not have know this if we hadn't made the mistake and sat in the wording seats. You will absolutely love the show....it is not to be missed! :cat:

Disneykings

Hi, we have just booked seats for our daughters suprise birthday present in October 2015. Printed on the ticket it says Section: Curtain B/C 204. What does that mean? I have visions of a big curtain blocking the view, which I know is CRAZY but its taken ages to get ideal seats by clicking refresh... refresh over and over. Any help would be great. Thanks :arghh:

Disneykings

Enjoy the show. We're there in October too and will probably just get tickets on the day as we don't mind where we sit after seeing it so many times (plus I'm cheap).

Hope you enjoy the show too. We only booked in advance as its my daughters birthday and we more than likely wont ever get to see the show again. We booked our meals today, so excited. Got everything we wanted too :jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom