Cirque du Soleil® — La Nouba Disney

jt04

Oh yes, sounds just like DTD:lookaroun

:lol:

Here is an example of how the PI "concept" helped destroy the high concept of what DTD was evolving into and what "Eisner's Folly"
completely derailed. So here is a little story about the.....er...:lookaroun...violation of the Empress Lilly. I also think it was one of the factors that motivated Roy years later. Enjoy the history lesson.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/8822/The_Empress_Lilly_Story

CaptainMichael

Here is an example of how the PI "concept" helped destroy the high concept of what DTD was evolving into and what "Eisner's Folly"
completely derailed. So here is a little story about the.....er...:lookaroun...violation of the Empress Lilly. I also think it was one of the factors that motivated Roy years later. Enjoy the history lesson.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/8822/The_Empress_Lilly_Story

I think it just lends more credence to the argument that 3rd parties = bad. Fultons (Levy's) destroyed the Empress Lilly, not Pleasure Island.

Port Orleans probably would have had a Pleasure Island type area anyway...you know Bourbon Street...

jt04

I think it just lends more credence to the argument that 3rd parties = bad. Fultons (Levy's) destroyed the Empress Lilly, not Pleasure Island.

Port Orleans probably would have had a Pleasure Island type area anyway...you know Bourbon Street...

I definitely would NOT have a problem with that. A "Mardi Gras" "PI" concept in an area near PO would be AMAZING. Great Idea!!!!!!!

And for people who enjoyed that kind of entertainment it could be placed a short stagger....I mean stroll from PO and make PO a better draw possibly. And they could then restore DTD into what it was meant to be including the restoration of the E.L. into what it once was.

Brilliant idea. Didn't know you had it in ya. :lol::wave:

CaptainMichael

I definitely would NOT have a problem with that. A "Mardi Gras" "PI" concept in an area near PO would be AMAZING. Great Idea!!!!!!!

And for people who enjoyed that kind of entertainment it could be placed a short stagger....I mean stroll from PO and make PO a better draw possibly. And they could then restore DTD into what it was meant to be including the restoration of the E.L. into what it once was.

Brilliant idea. Didn't know you had it in ya. :lol::wave:

mardigraspi224.JPG

jt04

I just think it would be cool to have a New Orleans-esque adults night spot that you have to walk back to like it is secluded in a bayou, completely seperate from any family attractions. It could be themed to a different era, possibly the prohibition era. Imagineering could go all out on the theming and really make it amazing. There is plenty of land for such a thing west of PO. The mind boggles.

CaptainMichael

I just think it would be cool to have a New Orleans-esque adults night spot that you have to walk back to like it is secluded in a bayou, completely seperate from any family attractions. It could be themed to a different era, possibly the prohibition era. Imagineering could go all out on the theming and really make it amazing. There is plenty of land for such a thing west of PO. The mind boggles.

It would be nice, and an Adventurers Club would work there, but I prefer the original backstory and idea that WDI came up with called Pleasure Island...not a NOLA wannabe.

jt04

It would be nice, and an Adventurers Club would work there, but I prefer the original backstory and idea that WDI came up with called Pleasure Island...not a NOLA wannabe.

I hear what you are saying. The PI concept could be transplanted easy enough. But I always like to see what new worlds Imagineering can come up with. Who knows what will happen though? I think Lee has proven something is in the works.

wdwmemories

I'm glad that Disney doesn't have another huge vacant hole to fill at DTD but I would love to see something new...

I guess that there are still plenty of people who haven't yet seen La Nouba or who are willing to see it again - so let the good times (continue to) roll! :ROFLOL:

Cmdr_Crimson

I guess that there are still plenty of people who haven't yet seen La Nouba or who are willing to see it again - so let the good times (continue to) roll! :ROFLOL:

I am one of them...However my library had the DVD so I decided "okay sure...I'll give it a go."....My response.....Meh...I'm glad I bypass it since I go on solo trips.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
i would like if they switched up the show a tad bit. when u see it once, it is then boring

:eek: - I used to work @ La Nouba, I've probably seen the show 100+ times and it STILL give me goosebumps!!

Remember - to change the show, they'd have to redesign the theatre - not gonna happen any time soon.

dznygirl64

Out of all our trips we have never seen the show.I would love to see the Beatles one they have in Vegas.Maybe they should do one to Disney music?I dont know maybe a thought:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom