cirque changes

walt-sent-me

Original Poster
i had heard that cirque's "la nouba" was changing some of the acts in its show. anyone know if this has been done yet, and if so - what acts were deleted and/or added? not suree when they were going to do this.

mkepcotmgmak

i had wondered about his, especially the small girls who use the chinese yo yos... i mean, like i saw them about 3 years ago, and they are probably growing up... i wondered how they would handle stuff like that... I think La Nouba has been around long enough, and enough people have seen it that it needs some change, but mind you it is a WONDERFUL show - but some people will not pay that much to watch the same show twice...

magicjay1989

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
i had wondered about his, especially the small girls who use the chinese yo yos... i mean, like i saw them about 3 years ago, and they are probably growing up...

They get a new set of girls every year they just look the same, and they have chsnge a few things already since its opening

ToTBellHop

I've seen in three times, but that is certainly enough for me..I'd like to see some changes--amazing show, but for that much money, three times will do:)

SpectroMan

The performers at Cirque usually sign a contract per year. So if one performer decides to leave, they must find someone that has that exact talent or find a new act.

Cirque is kind of like Disney. They are both constantly changing. No Cirque show is the exact same as when it premiered. Even Varekai, its newest production that premiered about a year ago has changed.

mkepcotmgmak

thats cool - i never thought about that... Cirque is a great show and i recommend it to ANYONE - and now i know that i should go see it again since it could have some new stuff. thanks for the info!
Josh.

walt-sent-me

Original Poster
from what i heard i thought the new acts would be totally new acts, not just replacements of performers. there are certainly some acts wouldn't want them to take out!

DonickCo

The yo yo girls are on a rotating act. They have some sort of deal with the Chinese government; they get new girls ever year or 2. A different person does the stacking chairs act with some slight changes. The tumblers that use the trampolines are changed fairly frequently because there bodies take quite a beating.

-DonickCo

All Star Nathan

La Nouba in whatever incarnation has a either 10 or 12 year sit down run which means that it's there to stay till 2008 or 2010. It won't be going anywhere for quite awhile.

walt-sent-me

Original Poster
i have seen the show about 4 times over the last 5 years and am in awe each time with the way the show is put together. there are acts though that i wouldn't complain about if they took them out - i won't mention which ones! i would love to see some new acts though and became interested when i heard new acts were in the works. still, no one has said that there have been changes to the show in regards to new acts. i have also seen varekai (excellent) and dralion (disappointed) in person, and the other cirques on video. would really like to know if there are act changes to "la nouba" and what they are.

Michael-de

they'll chage the diabolo girls in November, the new girls are now still working in german theme Park phantasialand, where i have the chance to work with (i am the sound designer of that show). We had the actual girls in Phantasialand last year. The new ones will work in Phantasialand till 3rd of Novembre, after that they go home to china for 2 weeks and then they go to Orlando. So after a shirt rehearsal time the will be on stage there.

JLW11Hi

I really don't see any need for a show like this to change drastically. I mean, maybe a few acts and a few things here and there maybe because of some new actors/stunts or some leaving, but thats about all they'd need to do.

Its not like its a show in a theme park that you can go in and out all the time. I'd think that most people that go to see that show during its limmited performance nights would see it maybe once and maybe again if they came back to Disney and wanted to see it again. Its a pretty spendy admission ticket, so I can't see that many repeat visitors. But I can see that show getting big crowds regardless.

I thought every act in that show was great. Every one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom