News Circle of Life at The Land Pavilion permanently closing in early February 2018

cjkeating

Sounds like they are going to demo the performing arts building backstage between Germany and Italy to make way for Brazil.

I wonder why they couldn't use the new/unused theatre they build behind RNRC and TOT at DHS for this?

Did we ever work out why they built that theatre in the first place, I think it was thought to be for cheerleading when Indy was going to close for Star Wars Land?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder why they couldn't use the new/unused theatre they build behind RNRC and TOT at DHS for this?

Did we ever work out why they built that theatre in the first place, I think it was thought to be for cheerleading when Indy was going to close for Star Wars Land?

Last time I asked that I was told it's in use for private events.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

That space really isn't suitable for cheerleading events, those would probably move over to the new stadium at Wide World of Sports.

Jon81uk

The Sunset Showcase next to RnRC isn't really a theatre as it has a flat floor and no permanent seating. Look at photos of the villains event where tables and chairs are used. Therefore its perfect for those sort of drink/dance/show events, but less good for performing arts.

The cheer-leading is moving to Wide World of Sports and a new purpose built arena is under construction (should be almost completed I think).

Magic Feather

Yes, the film is dated and should be reimagined. However, when you think about the general pattern of behavior . . . . . . .

Wonders of Life - Festival Center
Innoventions - Epcot Character Spot, Empty Space
Odyssey Restaurant - Festival Space
ImageWorks - DVC Member Lounge
Universe of Energy (Show Building) - Queue
Circle of Life Theater - Disney Performing Arts Youth Program

Why must we continue to lose show space?
It’s almost as if they have too many spaces that they don’t know what to do with... wonder what that could mean for them...
Sounds like they are going to demo the performing arts building backstage between Germany and Italy to make way for Brazil.
Bingo. This was just a convenient move to clear the space without shifting the resident park (not like they had an entire innoventions area...) and move things along on plans for Circle of Life, who’s replacement we should get pre 50th.

CJR

About time tbh, does anyone even really like this ride?

It's not so much that I like the film, but I do enjoy sitting in a dark room for a period of time, all while having some OK A/C. It worked wonders the last few July 4th's. Now that this and Energy are gone, I've lost my two summer napping spots, haha.

Captain Barbossa

cd58ef72cb0b3a0659d34b8c6e6041fb.gif

Welp, there goes anyone's hope to see some kind of Wall-E Based film for the theater people wanted or something or other...But, it had it's run...At least I'll finally get to experience a closing attraction while I'm there.....I hope I can make it if it isn't busy...But, we know how things are when attractions close....But, for now I leave this with one of the best quotes of the film...
Pumbaa: DAM!
Timon: Hey Watch your Language Pumbaa!
Sure am gonna miss the "dam" joke. That was the best part.

Jedi Stitch

Well I guess I can scratch that off of my missed the first time and could catch the second time list. I didn't heed any of the people I talked to before we went and only had one day at EPCOT, so we missed a lot. We plan to do three days next time to actually see every thing, and spend time and enjoy each show case, and see the shows. I find it interesting that when we went if we had more time we would have seen so much more in all the parks, before the great refurbish before the 50th. I find it funny that so many older attractions are being replaced, but by the sounds of it only for more Wine & Festival space for the add on extra charge experiences. I know plenty of space is being re branded for new rides and that is very much needed, but it does concern me that for the price we pay to enter, a certain portion of the park is being re used for up charged venues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom