Cinemark replacing AMC

OG Runner

I do wonder why they made the change? I know it notes the theaters will all be updated, but I have seen AMC make
the same updates to their theaters.

I do wonder why they made the change? I know it notes the theaters will all be updated, but I have seen AMC make
the same updates to their theaters.
I know from talking to people who work for AMC, there was some battling with the theme parks in Orlando over the type of seats. Specifically at Disney Springs, Disney wants recliners in all the theatres, but AMC does not, because it lowers the capacity of each theatre. It could be related to that.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm all for this, as whoever was running AMC Universal was doing an absolutely horrid job over the last two years. Hopefully this change will bring back the quality the theater once had.

Tony the Tigger

That's odd because all the AMC theaters near me have converted their old theaters to ones with reclining seats.

Our local FL AMC has different configurations in different theaters. Some have very few recliners. Others have many more smaller, but still oversized, comfy chairs that don't recline, but still have the movable trays, etc. There's a significant difference in the number of seats from theater to theater, with 3 different configurations in all.

A different FL AMC has some kind of seats that move while you're watching the movie (like Star Tours?) We haven't done that one yet.

fosse76

Our local FL AMC has different configurations in different theaters. Some have very few recliners. Others have many more smaller, but still oversized, comfy chairs that don't recline, but still have the movable trays, etc. There's a significant difference in the number of seats from theater to theater, with 3 different configurations in all.

Here in NYC, I can only think of 1 AMC that has reclining seats in all of its theaters, and only two where it has them in only one theater. Since only the blockbusters ever really fill-up any individual theater, I doubt capacity is the biggest issue. Personally, I think they just don't want the expense of installing them. The AMC nearest my apartment is a dump, it's seats a holdover from the early 90s at the latest!

A different FL AMC has some kind of seats that move while you're watching the movie (like Star Tours?) We haven't done that one yet.
The Regal on 42nd Street in NY has a theater like that. It's more like Shrek, or MuppetVision, or Mickey's Philharmagic. The seats have limited motion and vibration, and can spray water too. I actually found it really annoying.

Disneyhead'71

The 4DX seats are a mixed bag. I saw Wonder Woman there and it was just dumb. Laughably bad. Then I saw Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and I loved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom