Cinderella's Royal Table

JLynn81

Original Poster
Going to WDW for the first time this fall. I have a reservation for CRT (Breakfast), but not sure if I want to keep it. How long does it typically take to eat there? Do you think this is the best use of our time? (FYI: I have a six year old daughter)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
60-90 minutes as with most other TS meals.

What time? I'm guessing its in the golden time of shorter lines so I'd skip it in favor of lower wait times.

I think Akershus in Epcot for breakfast especially if you can get a PPO would be a better.

But if you really want to go into the castle then keep it.

JLynn81

Original Poster
60-90 minutes as with most other TS meals.

What time? I'm guessing its in the golden time of shorter lines so I'd skip it in favor of lower wait times.

I think Akershus in Epcot for breakfast especially if you can get a PPO would be a better.

But if you really want to go into the castle then keep it.
Thanks! I booked a reservation at Akershus as well, so I'm thinking that might be the better option.

Rsj88

I have not eaten at Akershus but I finally got to eat at the castle with my boys a couple of years ago. It was such a magical and special experience just to be in the castle. The food wasn’t amazing but I would like to go back sometime just to be in the castle overlooking the park. We had a meal before park opening and took fantastic pictures on Main Street. However, depending on what time your reservation you could definitely be missing out on shorter lines. You will get done more in the first three hours than you will all day.

Andrew Appleby

We've done CRT for breakfast on our honeymoon and since at DLP and last year with our DS5 and DD6 and both loved it. I'd 100% recommend doing it if you want to experience 'true disney'. Yes lines will be shorted but there is so much more to the parks than lines and rides.

drizgirl

If you have a 6 year old you should absolutely spend time eating in the castle. I've eaten at CRT and Akershus many times and to me the castle is so much more magical. You can't duplicate eating IN the castle. It's a beautiful setting.

What time is your breakfast? If it's after park open, then I'd probably hunt for a lunch or dinner time as well so you can do rides during the less crowded morning hours. Times do come up so just keep looking.

HouCuseChickie

We've done all three meals at CRT and breakfast was the quickest of them all. We had an 8am and we were finished and downstairs just before 9am. Akershus vs CRT is such a subjective thing. We had better lunches and dinners at Akershus (not a fan of their breakfast...but that's us), but I still prefer the setting of CRT.

JIMINYCR

Castle dining should be a must do for anyones first visit. It will add so much to your first time MK experience and be a wonderful memory to have in later years. Even if you do it on a return trip, its not going to have the same impact.

yedliW

Now that Akershus costs almost as much as CRT, you're better off eating in the castle.

We did breakfast here last time and were not impressed, especially for the price.. The only advantage is that we got to ride Frozen with no line before we ate.

The food was mediocre at best, although the princess interaction was fun (especially Mary Poppins, we were sitting by the fireplace and she poked her head in and called for Bert.).

That said, I still would skip it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom