Cinderella's Royal Table Questions

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :wave:

So we're 99% set on making our next trip to Disney in May 2011! Very excited!

I'm looking at dining options and we've decided that we definitely want to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table for the first time!
What are your opinions on lunch or dinner? (The cost difference doesn't matter to us)
Which do you think is a better exprience?
How do you like the food?
Which characters are there?

Also, do they still offer a complimentary photo package? If so, what does it include exactly?

I know there are threads on this by the way, but I'm looking for fresher opinions :)

Thanks!!

LiveyMouse22

Hi! We LOVE CRT and make it a must-do every year now (we use the dining plan so it's worth the two tickets!) I've only eaten there for dinner but I'm sure I would prefer it to lunch because of the atmosphere in the evening (we've caught Wishes during our meals there) and the food is great! The characters you will see there are Cinderella of course, the Fairy Godmother (who sings :)), and the girl mice. *Sorry I'm kind of bad with the names. :veryconfu Fairy Godmother comes out with the characters once every little while to sing BippityBoppityBoo and she usually talks to everyone for a little while asking people to stand up for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. it's very nice. They do still offer the picture package and how that works is you wait downstairs for your table to be called and get in line to take a photo with Cinderella. Afterwards when at your table a hostess brings your photo over that comes with a cover and you have the opportunity to buy it. That's my mediocre overview of CRT :lol: anyway, we love it and I hope you do too! :wave:

KJ1081

We also LOVED dinner there, but on our visit last month the characters were different than what LiveyMouse22 mentioned- we didn't have the Fairy Godmother or the mice during our dinner. Instead we had Princesses (Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel) and the character interaction was awesome! We didn't have any children with us and were celebrating our engagement the night before. All of the characters played their parts really well, especially Belle who joked with me about understanding what its like to be with a hairy man (my fiancé hadn't shaved in a day or 2 but it looked like it had been much longer!) and said we should get him and the beast together to watch hockey, lol. Cheesy but fun! The photo package included is with Cinderella downstairs before dinner- you get 1 8x10, 4 5X7'S, and 1 8x10 of the Castle. You can also link the photo's to you photopass account- the ID is on the top corner of the large photo. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was amazing- we were given a table at the Windows and Ryan was given a sword and I received a wand- just like the kids! It was our first time trying CRT and we loved it so much we'll be doing it every visit! We could've stayed for Wishes, but we had the Wishes dessert party booked that night as well- next time we'll take advantage of Wishes in the castle for sure! Our dinner there was very impromptu, I called for a reservation a few days before our trip and lucked out, but couldn't reschedule the Wishes party because there weren't any other availabilities. Make sure you plan to stay a good 2-3 hours to get the whole experience!

Matt and Kelly

We also loved CRT when we ate there last year. Though we poted for Breakfast, the food was great, setting was awesome and the character interaction was outstanding.

Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel were all there mingling with guests and taking photos. As was mentioned earlier, we did get our picture with Cinderella before heading into the dining room, which we did end up buying.

Probably the best charatcer meal I've experienced so far. We would definitely do it again on our next trip (whenever that may be) and I would certainly recommend giving it a try on your next trip.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your input-it sounds wonderful!

It sounds like the photo package might be similar to what they do at Chef Mickeys?

I think we might try to go for dinner CRT, or whatever we can get! I know it can book quickly.

gwhb75

Unless thev'ye changed it, the photo package is included in the price (we went two years ago and it was). You get an 6X8 and a few wallet size pictures.

WDW 3

When we went Cinderella was downstairs doing the photos and did not mingle. We had Snow, Belle, Jasmine and Sleeping Beauty. They stopped for a photo op at every table. Snow White was so great! She noted that I (mom) was taking all the pictures and insisted that dh take one and included me too!

SleepingMonk

Worst meal we've ever had in the parks.

They changed the menu to a fixed "package" type setup. Which means they prep the food ahead of time and sling it out like a bad buffet line. Terrible, bland and cold. And the service is even worse. I've had more attentive wait staff at fast food joints.

And since pushing the "princess" thing so hard there is nothing quiet or romantic left in the castle experience at all. Now it's more like a rowdy daycare center. Loud, screaming kids and tired parents just don't make for the best atmosphere.

We had been before when it was a real menu and not a princess picture spot. It was very nice then....now....not so much.

A pic of our BLT salad....zero attention to detal, horrible plating and it was warm with rubber-like bacon and old tomato.....
6ekz0j.jpg

And the prime rib....this was plated at least four hours in advance....everything was off...TV dinners have more flavor....
212tkt4.jpg

njDizFan

My experience is not quite as polarized as the last few, my opinion is somewhere in the middle. As you can see the price is fairly significant, and I don't believe the food is up to signature dining standards at all.

I went for dinner, so the photo package was included. You get to sit with Cinderella downstairs. There is a show with the Fairie godmother and the mice, all children( I got one too:lookaroun) get a sword or magic wand.

I would recommend going at least once to experience the inside of the castle with a nice view of either Main St. or Fantasyland. But It does seem a little rushed, there is a new seating every couple of hours. The quality of the food and the price are the two sticking points for me.

:wave:Hi Disneyprincess5

My Husband and I ate at Cindy's Castle two times. One time we did breakfast the other was dinner.
I would say for your first time do the breakfast. One big reason is that you can get into the park if you make the earliest reservations. It's really cool once you are done to be able to walk around and take pictures your normally would not be able to take during regular hours there.
Dinner is really good too but you won't be able to take pics and walk around get fast pass' to the rides also.
If you need any more help let me know. Be sure you call exactly the date you need to for reservations, Cindy's castle is the hardest to get reservations for ok. Also during breakfast usually the princess' are there, during dinner it's Fairy Godmother and Cindy and the Prince (sometimes).
Oh yea also you will have pics taken either time you go with Cindy before you are taken to your table.
Take care ok. Enjoy your time.....:sohappy::wave:

We've been twice - the first, I was too little to remember. The second - wasn't really stellar. The experience of eating in THE castle is fun, but that wears off quickly when you're paying $50 plus tip and alcoholic beverage for food that is simply so-so. But I agree - you'll always wonder if you never try it, so give it a shot. You may be pleasantly surprised! :)

EvilQueen-T

i've done dinner once and lunch once, during different visits but both when the christmas decorations were up (12/08 and 12/09). on both visits they did the photos downstairs with cinderella as part of our meal price. on my first time in the castle i did the dinner with my granddaughter as she loves the fairy godmother and we'd already done norway for breakfast at epcot earlier in the trip where you get to see a variety of princesses. i took my sister to lunch in the castle for both the experience and for her to get to do the meet and greet with the princesses. both were fun mainly for the experience of eating in the castle. i think the princess interaction at lunch is equal to our experience at the epcot site. i can't really compare the food between the castle and norway as we did lunch at the castle and breakfast in norway epcot. i think the interaction for cinderella specific characters (dinner at crt) wasn't very good but was absolutely the best at 1900 park fare but the food there wasn't good for any of my family, the castle food tasted better.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thanks for all your opinions everyone! I appreciate it.

Yes, I must say I have heard before that the food is not as great as it could be considering the price tag but we're really looking forward to the experience of being in the castle and visiting characters.

TinkerChelli-Thanks for suggesting breakfast. That's a great point-it must be nice to be in the park prior to it opening! I think what we might do though is catch an early breakfast at Crystal Palace so we still get that experience and stick with CRT for lunch or dinner.

That works too. My hubby and I did Crystal Palace for breakfast once before and it was pretty cool. Crystal Palace is buffet style so be prepared for ppl acting like nut jobs early in the am. hehehe. It's nice though I think you will both like it.
Pooh and the gang come around to every table ;)
Enjoy both experiences. I'm excited for both of you.
Take Care ok. :sohappy:you can also email me directly if you like some pics of both places I think I have food pics from Cindy and some pics from Crystal Palace too.
Thanks for all your opinions everyone! I appreciate it.

Yes, I must say I have heard before that the food is not as great as it could be considering the price tag but we're really looking forward to the experience of being in the castle and visiting characters.

TinkerChelli-Thanks for suggesting breakfast. That's a great point-it must be nice to be in the park prior to it opening! I think what we might do though is catch an early breakfast at Crystal Palace so we still get that experience and stick with CRT for lunch or dinner.

Rockafire

My wife and I are going end of August for our 9th Anniversary. We have never eaten in the Castle and I want to go all out. There is a upgraded package (for special occassions) that includes an extra special seat by the window, special dessert, a non-alcoholic drink in take home flutes, and also a crystal slipper that is customized for the occassion. All for the asking price of $300 plus tip tax etc. Has anyone ever gotten this package? Is it really worth it?

I really would value your thoughts and experiences.

THanks~!

SleepingMonk

My wife and I are going end of August for our 9th Anniversary. We have never eaten in the Castle and I want to go all out. There is a upgraded package (for special occassions) that includes an extra special seat by the window, special dessert, a non-alcoholic drink in take home flutes, and also a crystal slipper that is customized for the occassion. All for the asking price of $300 plus tip tax etc. Has anyone ever gotten this package? Is it really worth it?

I really would value your thoughts and experiences.

THanks~!

Don't do it.

For that amount you would be much better off looking into one of the private dining experiences or dinners aboard one of the WDW yachts.

EvilQueen-T

we've been to crt twice but not with the package you're talking about. once we were seated right at the window, once farther away. if you go with just two people you are more likely to sit by the window anyway. you can also have a special desert in a glass slipper or gift of a glass slipper pre-ordered and waiting for you at the restaurant. we go all out on a lot of things (especially at wdw) but that sounds like an awful lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom