Cinderella's Royal Table or Akerhus??

Cassie S.

Original Poster
I am going to WDW in May 2013 and am on a budget so I plan on doing only one character meal and would like it to be a princess one. I have heard that Akerhus is a better meal but I'm kinda scared to eat Norwegian food and my kids are EXTREMELY picky. I also find it hard to believe that much could be better than eating in Cinderella's castle. What do you guys think??

jlsHouston

well I didn't like the entrees served at Akerhus... but the salad bar is wonderful for an adult and you don't need to eat a bite of the entree and you will be full, kids ate their entrees and seemed okay with what they picked...needless to say we loved the princesses we met, especially Belle...the fav.. We have never done the castle , maybe next year. If Cinderella and the castle are a big draw for you I would do that first, I'm sure your princesses and any princes will be thrilled to dine in the castle!

WDWNooby

We preferred Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast over Akershush. I felt kind of cramped, etc. at Akershush and the food I believe was on the same level as CRT. I think of course being in the castle added some "specialness" to the meal. My DGD also had the same feelings although she was quite happy that between the two meals she got to "meet a whole lot of princesses".

Olive Ort

This fall we went to the castle and Askerhus for breakfast I enjoyed both but Enjoyed Askerhus more because the new pastry and fruit bar was amazing.The food was so good and much better than years ago.We enjoyed croissants, scrambled eggs fruit etc. I'm sure you'll all find something you like and the princesses do a parade with your children so this gives more interaction with the princesses than at the castle where they just go table to table.Years ago when we went to Askerhus it was cramped for space but with their new renos it was much nicer.Hope you enjoy your choice.

s&k'smom

I've been to both for food quality definitely Norway we did the breakfast and loved it. For pure surroundings definitely castle. Honest to God when I took DD to the castle about 2 years ago she was so excited she stopped eating. I go with castle. Have a wonderful time.

popcenturylover

Haven't been to CRT but, we went to Akershus for breakfast in September & we LOVED it! The interaction is wonderful!(daughter loved the princess parade) We aren't breakfast people but, everything there was delicious! I highly recommend this meal.:)

wiigirl

We love cinderellas royal table, the breakfast was very good. Plus it's tough to beat eating in the castle.

Very Very true! :p
75.gif

LuLaSue

Love the idea of eating in the Castle but, the food remains subpar. We have only eaten in Akerhus twice, both for breakfast and we sat at the same exact table party of 10. Squishy...YES! Character interaction...AWESOME! Breakfast ....Eggs and Bacon Potatoes and the Buffet. For what they tell me the eggs bacon and potatoes were very Delish!

thomas998

I am going to WDW in May 2013 and am on a budget so I plan on doing only one character meal and would like it to be a princess one. I have heard that Akerhus is a better meal but I'm kinda scared to eat Norwegian food and my kids are EXTREMELY picky. I also find it hard to believe that much could be better than eating in Cinderella's castle. What do you guys think??
My kids are also extremely picky, we have done both and they ate more of the food at Akershus than they did at CRT. CRT is for breakfast is really bad, imagine bad free breakfasts at a cheap hotel and that is what you will get at CRT.

That said, some people like the thought of dining in the castle so that sways them... you have to decide that part on your own... but the akershus has some decent food, frankly I would only say stay away from the goat cheese, it is an acquired taste to say the least.

One other thing to note. IF you have more than one kid and do the CRT they will only provide you with ONE free photo with Cinderella... so if you have two kids and they want an individual photo with Cinderella then you will have to pay for one. The only way around that is to make two reservations where you do a meal with one kid and your spouse does one with the other kid, then they will both get an individual photo for free... Not sure how Disney justifies not giving one photo to each kid when each kid gets charged the same high price.

Pooh Lover

I would probably choose the castle for the WOW factor, not the food. While we enjoy the breakfast at CRT, it is not the best food but it is definitely familiar food. If you have picky people in your party, probably best to stick with the castle.

JillC LI

Can't comment on CRT, but we had dinner at Akershus to see more than one princess. It was great for the princess interaction (and I did not regret choosing it), but our family of 4 (2 picky eaters, 2 not picky eaters) uniformly hated the food. I would recommend it for breakfast though as I hear that is more standard fare.

Vader2112

Both dinners have multiple princesses. IMO the food at Askerhus but for the kids nothing beats eating at the castle!
We have seen Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White , Aurora, and Belle at both restaurants. Askerhus had Belle taking photos.

CB2@disney

We haven't done either but have booked CRT for our trip starting New Years Eve. It's just me and my son. I have to be honest...I don't pick character dining spots for the food. I pick them for the experience. My son is at an age where he thinks the princess are "hot" so he was cool with doing a princess meal this time. I'm not sure you can really compare the experience of being inside the iconic Walt Disney World castle with the princess to which place has better food. Like an earlier post mentioned about their child...I'll probably be so excited about seeing the inside and all the detail in the art work and things that I'm not even going to be thinking of the food except for the fact of eating enough to not be hungry until lunch.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I would endorse Akerhaus only for the breakfast! I had dinner there and am a picky adult so I choose something off the kids menu and didn't like it. Go with CRT. If its breakfast at Akerhaus, your fine. Normal breakfast food. But lunch and dinner - I can't eat there. CRT is great for any meal. :)

MacVenture

We have eaten at Akerhaus for both breakfast and dinner. I would recommend the breakfast, as the dinner was not well liked by my family (3 kids). The breakfast was an American style with some aspects of a Norwegian meal (smoked salmon).

We also ate at CRT this spring for dinner. The meal was good. The kids loved the view and the toys (boys get a sword and girls get a wand).

You really can't go wrong with either. Especially when both come with a free picture of your visit with the princesses.

fauzha7

We've had dinner at both. CRT was amazing for the atmosphere and entertainment value. Food was good. it has been a few years since we ate at Akershus and the food was ...different ;). I've read reviews and looked at current menus and found that the menu has been changed. If you are on the DDP, CRT will use two dinner credits while Akershus uses only one. In 19 days we will be taking our 1 yr old with us and to get photo's of her with the princesses for her "Disney Princess" Birthday Party on Dec 15, we opted to go to Akershus and use the second DDP credit elsewhere. She she were older, I probably would have given her the "Royal Castle" treatment instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom