Are you in favor of a castle retheme for the 50th

• yes

Votes: 171 43.5%
  • no

Votes: 222 56.5%

• Total voters

The Mom

Premium Member
Hmmmm. Did my message get deleted? If so, that kinda hurts. I’ve been faithful to this board for 3 years now, and all my posts have been in the guidelines. I was curious to why an individual was upset about this place. Now I kinda see why. I love these boards, but it feels terrible to be silenced without much of a reason why.

I already gave an explanation as to why an earlier post was deleted, so I deleted any further posts asking about why the first post was deleted.

jimbaker84

Hopefully they won't go completely over the top with the gold, the castle looks amazing as it is. Something in line with the 50th anniversary decorations from 2005 would probably be OK but could see there being issues with the projection tech used in Happily Ever After.

MKeeler

For 2021 they are going to use the trendy color from 2015? That makes no sense.

Maybe if you are a group of 50 year old execs living in Orlando who still think its 2015 it makes sense?

But it still doesn't make sense, since execs in Orlando would need to get buyoff from marketing folks in Southern California who would say "Rose Gold? Uh... it's not 2015".

This is my problem with any attempt that Disney makes at being hip. Beyond it being completely antithetical to the company, by the time Disney is able to implement its attempt, it is already out of date.

Disney is and should always strive to be classic. Timeless. Ageless. It's harder, but it is what the company has generally achieved by their best efforts.

Just give me gold-gold accents as would be appropriate for a 50th.

_caleb

This is my problem with any attempt that Disney makes at being hip. Beyond it being completely antithetical to the company, by the time Disney is able to implement its attempt, it is already out of date.

Disney is and should always strive to be classic. Timeless. Ageless. It's harder, but it is what the company has generally achieved by their best efforts.

Just give me gold-gold accents as would be appropriate for a 50th.
Which shade of gold do you consider to be classic, timeless, ageless, and appropriate?

wdw71fan

Which shade of gold do you consider to be classic, timeless, ageless, and appropriate?

The shade that doesn't show when the paint flakes.. Like the 25th anniversary Cakestle paint still does to this day.

Bocabear

Rose Gold will also not read from a distance...It is fine for jewelry and accessories (several years ago), but on a grand scale it will just look like there is something wrong with the gold finish... it will look a little coppery or off.
Best they stick with a clean gold that will photograph and read better.

rodserling27

Rose gold? You gotta be kidding me. Horrible. Especially considering it would probably be that way for a few years.
Here's an idea...how about a complete repainting to make it look like it did on opening day? (aka perfect.) Or better yet, give it a slightly upgraded color scheme the way Disneyland recently did with their castle. Add some gold decorations, a few signs and silk banners, and boom! Everyone's happy.

Fable McCloud

Maybe they could keep the color scheme roughly the same and turn the spires a dusty/rose gold? That'd be eye catching but still in the realm of simple and elegant.

Let's be real though, whatever they do/don't do we're all gonna find a way to be unhappy about it lol. Myself included. :p

Bocabear

Maybe they could keep the color scheme roughly the same and turn the spires a dusty/rose gold? That'd be eye catching but still in the realm of simple and elegant.

Let's be real though, whatever they do/don't do we're all gonna find a way to be unhappy about it lol. Myself included. :p
Under bright sunlight, Rose Gold will appear either copper or will look like a flaw in the finish... Rose Gold is not a color that would work for the broad brushstrokes of the castle... %0 is a Golden Anniversary..Plain Gold is the tradition...

bubbles1812

I'm sorry, we don't carry Rose Gold™. Is Arendelle Aqua™ alright?
I confess, I bought the Arendelle Aqua ears this weekend. I held off and held off and then... I just accepted I thought the shade was nice and bought them. I also have the Rose Gold ears. So sue me, I like pretty colors! ;)

As for a rose gold castle, I guess I’d have to see what it actually looked like to judge. I didn’t hate hate the birthday cake the way some did but I’d prefer something more subtle that keeps the castle looking like the castle. So if this is what we get, I’ll take it over the gaudiness of the 25th.

Fable McCloud

I think gold spires would maintain the elegance. As long as they aren't gaudy, or super shiny/sparkly. Even painting the exterior a warmer grey/light taupe to give it the illusion of gold tones might be pretty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom