Cinderella Castle Replica - Paint It? - (3D Printed) Added Stage

Bob Johnston

Original Poster
We've all got different talents. I can draw in 3d, but nowhere near the level as you've done here. My 3d printer is also a piece of crap :)

The 3d printer I am using is a very cheap low budget printer. Just fine tuned. One would label it the worst piece of crap you can buy compared to today's 3D printers.

Bob Johnston

Original Poster
HI ALL!!!!

For those that have been following this build, things got a little out of hand. As you can see, the castle is now twice as big.

I added a the full stage "to scale" of course, but it ended up being MUCH bigger than expected. Had a "Beast" of a time printing it.

Also, added a couple pillars and projected "Once Upon a Time" and "Happily Ever After" on it. Looks amazing. I did record this for youtube but after looking at it, the camera was a little out of focus. Will record again and share. I will also share the total print time for the stage build and update you later. The stage ended up being an additional 10 parts.

What is left? Well there are 2 wider pillars that you see in the pics provided. Those are just placeholders as I designed the full restrooms that are attached to those pillars. I will print the restrooms and update you after. Then it is on to post print work. Sand, Fill, Paint....

Let me know what ya think.

20180414_101329.jpg

20180414_101752.jpg

20180414_095234.jpg

20180414_102010.jpg

20180414_102153.jpg

20180414_095426.jpg

Attachments

• 20180414_101329.jpg
    20180414_101329.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 282

Waynechavis

Sorry but I have to ask!! Is this something you would be willing to remake and sell? I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to 3D printers lol! My wife and I are looking for castle to use in a gender reveal video that we would like to make using fireworks as the reveal behind the castle. We intend to set a camera to make the castle look life size and have the fireworks in the frame as well. Just a thought tho. If you were willing, we would be very interested in your services!

Bob Johnston

Original Poster
Sorry but I have to ask!! Is this something you would be willing to remake and sell? I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to 3D printers lol! My wife and I are looking for castle to use in a gender reveal video that we would like to make using fireworks as the reveal behind the castle. We intend to set a camera to make the castle look life size and have the fireworks in the frame as well. Just a thought tho. If you were willing, we would be very interested in your services!

Hi Waynechavis! First things first. CONGRATS!!!! Boy or a girl? Hahahaha Just messin.

Well.... Unfortunately you are not the first to ask to purchase one of these but here is the dealio. First is price. For the most part, because it is a one of a kind piece, rather large and would take over a month to to build, I would not know where to begin to charge for this. Second, is shipping. I would almost have to agree to drive it to the location due to its size and details. Some of the steeples are 1mm thick and would almost guarantee not to make it in shipping.

But I SOOOooooo want to see that gender reveal video.!!! Can I ask where you live? Or better yet, can you PM me. Throw me an offer in PM (not here) and the worst that can happen is I may have to say no, but maybe we can figure something else out.

Again Congrats!
Bob

Bob Johnston

Original Poster
Bob... this is just awesome. Although I gotta ask, when's the print of the haunted mansion coming :)

OMG...Hahahaha I need to buy a bigger house so I can dedicate a room to Disney before I start the Haunted Mansion. That stage was WAY larger than I thought it was going to be before I started printing it. :)

SnowFire

Wow! That is incredibly impressive. Watching your video, I had to keep telling myself that I wasn't watching the show from inside the park. Well done, Sir!!!

Bob Johnston

Original Poster
Wow! That is incredibly impressive. Watching your video, I had to keep telling myself that I wasn't watching the show from inside the park. Well done, Sir!!!

Thank you very much SnowFire! We so miss "Wishes" and "Celebrate the Magic". Although "Once Upon a Time" and "Happily Ever After" is truly amazing. This replica allows us to keep all of those retired night time shows alive in our house. Plus, we get to see them anytime we want which is a plus. More projection shows will be up on Youtube when a get some time.

JL76

How did you get the dimensions to create the model? I want to do this myself, but I'm struggling to find details of the castle's intricacies online anywhere

Bob Johnston

Original Poster
How did you get the dimensions to create the model? I want to do this myself, but I'm struggling to find details of the castle's intricacies online anywhere

I did have a blueprint with the dimensions and was going to go off of that and build it in CAD. The blueprints were given to me as a gift. Then I found this model on Thingiverse.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:127748

It is very close and saved a bit of time but is not suitable for printing a large model. If you look at the results of people who have printed a small version, you will see it does not have much detail. So I used this as a base file, scaled it to N scale based on the real dimensions of the castle in Disney World, then did a LOT of slicing and fixing each piece in a CAD like program. Took many many months to get the model fixed for printing.

I am VERY VERY VERY happy with the way it came out. Love looking at it every day!

Bob Johnston

Original Poster

Hey Waynechavis.... Hope all is well. Not sure if you got my first msg. Am I safe to assume the reveal happened? We are dying to know... Prince or Princess? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom