Cincinnati to WDW travel

bebert

Going to WDW the first week of June and will be traveling 75 South. Anyone know of any good hotels or SAFE rest areas to grab a few hours of sleep south of Atlanta?

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
My home town is a pretty popular spot for WDW travelers - Macon, GA (about 90 miles south of ATL). Plenty of hotels and restaurants right off I-75 at exits 171-169. That's pretty much the last major city you will go through before FL line.

Upvote 0

bebert

Original Poster
Thanks and I am familar with that area. This will be about the 8th time we drove this route but, I could make the drive straight thru before....not anymore, getting too old.

My home town is a pretty popular spot for WDW travelers - Macon, GA (about 90 miles south of ATL). Plenty of hotels and restaurants right off I-75 at exits 171-169. That's pretty much the last major city you will go through before FL line.

Upvote 0

davidc1578

We are driving down 1st week of June as well. From Indianapolis, we drive to Cincinnati to hit I75. Never have just stopped at a rest area. We have 2 young kids and I personally wouldn't feel safe. We have stopped in Dalton, Macon and Valdosta GA. Usually at a Quality Inn or Sleep Inn. Nice, clean, relatively good prices. This June we are driving all the way down to Ocala, FL so we are only have a little over an hour drive the next morning. This will be the farthest we have attempted to drive in one day. Leaving early and hoping for good weather and traffic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom