Trip Report Chunking on Orlando New Year's Eve (WDW and Uni)

What? Another WDW trip? Yeah this is my 4th on 4 years (including a Disney Cruise).

Now.. The Participants on the adventure:

My mother dearest. For companion purposes.
My niece and goddaughter (and the reason of why this trip)
My nephew (he had to tag along with his sister)

Anyway, It was the 15th Birthday of my Niece (I am her godfather). The 15th is the equivalent of the sweet 16th on the USA. Very important and sort of a "passing age" rite. She gets a huge party and stuff.
And I offered her a trip to UNI's Harry Potter lands (she's a big fan, infact she looks a lot like Hermione IRL). And also added a "side" trip to WDW on the offer.
Total of 9 days at WDW (5 days at WDW, 3 at Uni, with 1 day of rest and 2 of "sleepovers" for the airline movement.

After planning this trip for a year or so.
2 weeks before the trip.. Surprise!
We started with the WRONG FOOT (thank you American Airlines for f*.. things up so many times).
First.. they "canceled" my reservation. Which I didn't. No reason, no Explanation, no phone call, no email, nothing.
Had to call my reservation company so they could fix it. And they claimed American Airlines canceled it for "protection" because my flight was changed (aka numbers changed, hours changed.. minimally).
I had to make a huge bunch of calls, emails, and a lot of anger to finally fix it up.. Except for one thing.
The Flight was almost booked solid and had barely space left (scattered). Not to mention I had
purchased "premium" seats. And they told me I had to do a separate complain and wait until they return the money. (they claim it might take months.. not fun.. I'm still waiting).

So, Our trip starts on the 30th of December. Departing from PVR (Puerto Vallarta International Airport to Dallas Forth Worth).
We got ready and all.. and.. another stone...
Plane was delayed by a "programming error". The dispatched plane that was going to serve the route.. was 1 hour late.
This was critical, because we would be missing our connection flight.
American Airlines again sets my second flight into "canceled" mode for "protections so I could rebook". (wthell is wrong with them?)..

In the end, the flight was only 40 minutes late.. and the plane had zero delays inflight, so the total delay when we arrived to Forth Worth, was mere 20minutes.
So we passed immigration (fast.. it was empty! how different from Houston which is always packed), picked our bags and headed to get some information.
They recommended us to NOT try to get to the plane.. I insisted we could made it (it was just a block away). The woman politely tried but the computer refused to print new passes.
I was beyond furious at this point... We would miss our POR reservation.
And they only gave us skimpy vouchers and a cheap suite hotel for the night...As we got booked for tomorrow's earliest flight of 7:00 am.
Also got us premium seats in the next flight. We will still be separated due to the mess up.

Then they gave us instructions to wait for the "shuttle".
So we walked and walked and walked until we found the exit area where the Shuttles were.
It was very cold for us (PVR is always above 20C) and It was a mere 6C that day (with thermal feeling of 3C thanks to wind).
We waited.. and waited.. and waited.. 45 minutes later.. finally arrived. We got to the hotel, made preparations, we got separated suites.. the kids in one and my mother and I in another.
We took a shower.. and then we proceeded to order some food. Found out that only Domino's supports the vouchers at the moment. So we had to settle with default pizzas.
It was funny, because they called us via phone that the pizza was ready (30 mins later). We got down to pick it up.. we didn't find him, we got back up.. and the gentleman was waiting by our door.

We paid.. ate and prepared to sleep. It was going to be a very short sleep ( as we had to wake up at 4:30 to get the 5:00 shuttle, so it arrives at 5:20-5:30 to the airport).
So we did.. There was a mess up because my nephew ALWAYS takes way too much time making baggage( no seriously, we told him to be ready BEFORE going to sleep). Then he forgot his wallet somewhere and had to return when the shuttle was about to depart.
Thankfully the shuttle waited for him and turns out he had the wallet.. in his sister's bag. :|
I facepalmed and we got in our way.

The airport line wasnt troublesome as we had TSA-PRE. My nephew still was randomly selected for a search and that slowed down us a bit.
We then headed to our Gate and had time to buy some food.
My mother and I settled for "mexican food" (that was nothing like mexican food at all). A Giant burrito mixed with eggs and who knows what else (lol). It was good, but too big.
The kids got fried shrimp and chicken from Popeye's.

So.. we finally departed Dallas for Orlando (phew!).
The flight was pretty uneventful... We arrived at around 10 am... We ran to pick our bags and we headed to the Disney Magical Express. During this moment of moving bags.. I had a "bad moment" and damaged one of my nails (with blood and all).

Quickly patched it up and to the bus we went!
Its always amazing to see how much improvements they are doing to the roads.
Also a joy to finally reach the Walt Disney World archways and enter the Disney World area!.

Sadly, we missed our POR reservation, but we had 5 days of DVC at Old Key West.
DSC_2709_DxO.jpg

They gave us a chance to check in a bit early and gave us our magicbands.. (which strangely were all grey instead of the colors we asked... the clerk happily got colored bands for each of us and when we had one of the bellboys drive us with their golf like kart to our room).
DSC_2712_DxO.jpg

We were pretty far away.. ( Turtle Pond area). but the place was beautiful!. The room was AMAZING and with tons of space!.
DSC_2713_DxO.jpg
DSC_2714_DxO.jpg

We quickly made decisions of where each one will sleep.
And since it was her 15th birthday gift..

My Niece got the big main room. My nephew wanted to sleep on the kitchen area.
DSC_2717_DxO.jpg
DSC_2718_DxO.jpg

and my mom and I settled on the Doubles room.

DSC_2720_DxO.jpg

We settled up, left our bags, changed our stuff.. and We went Straight for Epcot.
We had reservations for Coral Reef. So..
We took the Disney bus at Turtle Pond's Station.. and To Epcot We go!

Attachments

• DSC_2715_DxO.jpg
    DSC_2715_DxO.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 45

Cesar R M

Original Poster
EPCOT... Day 1 (December 31 2015)

We arrived to Epcot a bit later (It did stop at POR for more people).
Epcot as expected of new year's eve... was packed.
There was a decent line of people being bag searched.
We sadly were unlucky to get an elderly officer who took his time.
But we used the time to chat. Funny how you can find people from all latin america to chat there.
I gave some suggestions and tips to some newcomers from Colombia. More specifically, the monorail and Magic Kingdom.

Then we proceeded to get in Epcot.
DSC_2742_DxO.jpg

We took a few photos with our beloved SpaceShip One and proceeded for our first FastPass at Nemo.

As we moved along.. the place was pretty full.
Lots of lines. The longest on Soarin' and Test Track as usual.
DSC_2744_DxO.jpg

When we arrived to nemo, found out that we were 30 minutes early.
so we decided to take some photos of the nearby planters of Nemo and then to check out The Land area.
DSC_2745_DxO.jpg

The land was Packed!, even the The Land ride had a waiting time of 30+ minutes!
DSC_2750_DxO.jpg

We decided to give it a try... but then I found out.. guess what? That my watch was damaged and it was losing 45 minutes per day.
So we were around 30 minutes LATER than what it said!
So we decided to rush back to Nemo before we lost our fastpass lol.

We made it in time!
We went to Nemo which had 45 minute wait already.
After it, we moved around the aquarium area so the kids would see most of it.
Then my phone alarm came! it was time for our Coral Reef lunch.

The place was packed, despite our ressies being at 3:00 pm.. We had to wait until 3:50 to finally be called and assigned.

Food was ok, but my mother was disappointed that they changed some of the dishes.
I, as always... got my lobster bisque. Also ordered the Sea Food Scampi, which was ok. The Bisque in the other hand, was delicious.
My mother ordered a salad and my niece and nephew got Steaks (grilled new york strip steak)
20151231_161147_DxO.jpg

Coral Reef

After we had our tummy filled. It was time to get to Space Ship One!.
Thanks god the line moved fast. The ride as always is pleasant and calming.

After then.. the kids wanted to play with the Space Ship one "future" mankind tools. But we were running out of time to get to our reservation to Soarin'. Very important as Soarin' was closing the NEXT DAY.
So It was a "last chance" moment.

It was a bit confusing at first, because they had moved the fast pass line to the backstage area.
So we had to follow the land like we were going towards Captain eo, then heading to the double doors between The Land and Imagination.
After walking a bit.. we finally reached the waiting line.
It was HELLA LONG. The standby line was even more with a 120-180 minute wait time reported.
DSC_2755_DxO.jpg

Soarin's Line
The ride was good, was very fun to feel "flying" around.
The only bad thing is, the screen was kinda dirty and you could see the "rivets" of it in most of the very light scenes.

After the ride, we exited and headed towards Space Ship one again, to give the kids a quick tour.
We were surprised to see the fireworks of illuminations.
They were firing at 7:00 pm, we were puzzled as the papers they had given us, said 8pm and 10pm for Illuminations, not 7pm and 12am like it actually happened. (infact, they had made a broadcast later on.. that illuminations would appear way later than the 10pm expected hour).
So we watched some of the fireworks right before the dancing fountain and we headed to the rest of futureworld to show them a quick tour of TestTrack and Mission to Mars.
Then we went to give a "tour" of World Showcase.
Place was starting to pack up. It was nice to see so many stages with live music and shows for the new years.
Music everywhere, but it was SOO PACKED!!!
20151231_230939_DxO.jpg
Our space between Italy and USA

I decided to "park" our space next to a trashcan between Italy and USA while the kids viewed and shopped around the World Showcase.
It was a good idea, because people started to be very mean to get a spot (pushing and shoving).
There was an old lady that was clearly insulting me in english for "parking and taking up his grandson's spot" (I had gone to the bathroom while my niece and mom guarded our spots). The grandson of that lady had to calm her down.
No seriously Lady, we have been waiting for 3 hours to get this spot.. to hell with you!.

anyway.. things calmed down as I just ignored the lady for now and just nodded at the grandson apologizing.
There were some funny accidents and some really nice acts of kindness.
For example, a man crashed with another as they where both trying to get around the crowds.. one spilled the drink of the other.. many sorries were passed. But later, one of the mans bought the other the drink he had spilled as a "act of peace".
So things worked okey.
1 hour away from the fireworks.. all viewing spaces were full around the worldshowcases's lagoon.

DSC_2797_DxO.jpg
The Epcot's Laser Clock

DSC_2805_DxO.jpg

China's impressive music stage firing all cylinders
One thing that I loved most.. was the China's dancing area. They had these flamethrowers on top and they were firing constantly like a heavy metal band...
It was amazing to see from the distance and upclose.

After tons of waiting... I was starving.. so I went to the nearby quick restaurant in USA... bought some fried shrimps and chunked the food as I waited for Illuminations.

There was some confusion too.. as the laser clock in spaceship one was a few minutes faster than the one in the globe in the middle of the worldshowcase. They ended shutting down the laser one and keeping the one in the middle. Kinda funny because by the time it illuminations started.. Magic Kingdom was firing on all cylinders in the distance... and mid illuminations.. DHS started to fire as well.

Epcot's fireworks were... incredible.. illuminations is one thing, but the new year's barrage is fantastic..
including the 5 second "nuke" in the end.. where more than 100 shots were fired in so little time.
From our spot we could see part of the fireworks of other parks (pretty sure they were DHS and Magic Kingdom's) as well the globe perfectly fine.. and prime space to see the "barrage".
Sadly, our space was near the USA's stage, which means blocked views to England and Canada. but.. c'est la vie!

After the barrage, we decided to visit some stores before heading back to Old Key West to take a small sleep.. because next day was for...

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Cesar R M

Original Poster
OMG the last part was INSANE, I loved it!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I have to admit to tearing up a bit during Illuminations. :cat:

Oh, and I love the emoji you used to cover up faces. Too funny!
That part is nothing.. you have to be there to FEEL it.
the explosions caused a shockwave of "booms" that shocked your body. It felt amazing!

Thanks @figmentfan423 , for the tag. @Cesar R M , it sounds like once you got past all the travel mishaps, you and your family started to have a good time at the park! By the way, I love the pictures of OKW. Never been there before and that looks like a very pleasant place to stay on property.

Oh, the nighttime pictures you took at EPCOT came out great. :happy: Looking forward to more of your TR.
yeah. It was a lot of fun, still irritating on how many travel issues we had.
I will continue tomorrow with DHS.

Cesar R M

Original Poster
Day 2.. Disney Hollywood Studios.. (placeholder for now)

After an amazing day at Epcot. We woke up at around 8:00 am. And we headed straight to DHS.
We had fastpasses and We tried our best to get on time.
So we quickly took the bus, got down and we had breakfast at Olivia's (old Key West restaurant).

Unfortunately, the Restaurant was already closed and moving to lunch menu... so it was closed.. We decided to just head to take the Bus to DHS and eat something there.

The best part is, the restaurant is mere 10 steps from the bus stop. So we just chugged along.. walked to the bus stop and waited for the Bus. Not many people were going to DHS...so it was a very light ride.

After a short trip.. We arrived to DHS.

This time it was me who was randomly selected for a Metal Detector thing.. not amused.. as I had my camera and one big lens and lots of money, keys, battery for my implant..etc..
So after moving in, we got into DHS.

DHS.jpg

We quickly headed thru the walkway and my nephew asked a picture of the Mickey World... Also the cleverly hidden security cameras (since everyone looks up to mickey.. everyone gets a perfect face shot lol)
DSC_2822_DxO.jpg

Moving along, we found a CM toying around with a cute small BB8 toy.
It was fun to see it tagging along right below the crossroads area.

DSC_2820_DxO.jpg

BB8 makes an appearance at DHS
Also there was a bridge of CMS with lightsabers, waving and cheering the new visitors in to DHS.
My mother and Niece had a lot of fun walking in the "bridge".

Then we walked thru the main road to show around the place.
DSC_2827_DxO.jpg

DHS was mildy busy. All attractions had a minimum of 30 minutes wait time.. even the great movie ride.
So.. after moving around, My nephew and niece were hungry...
We had to scramble to find something.. One of the things that I do not like about my family.. is how disparate and "special" their food tastes are.. my mother wont touch red meats and always wants fruits.. my niece wanted hotdogs and my nephew wanted to try the turkey legs.. then when we were close to the respective shops.. they changed their mind.. then wanted Starbucks.. then my mother did not want to touch starbucks.... then later wanted... I was getting annoyed.. as our fastpasses were getting close and they still could decide what to eat and we were moving back and fort (bad for my leg) doing nothing.
Good thing we passed some performances of the citizens of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset boulevard as we moved around...

DSC_2830_DxO.jpg

So we ended going to the sandwich area near the brown derby.
The sandwiches were ok, but I was very annoyed when my mother then complained she wanted HOT sandwiches.. (which were at starbucks, not here..).

So then we went finally out to check the rest of the park, a quick "tour" of all DHS..
including the area of Osborne lights.

DSC_2839_DxO.jpg

We decided to get into Muppets in 3d as my mother loves it.
Everything went all right, except for the waiting times. Which were not that long.

DSC_2840_DxO.jpg

Anyway, We took a LOT of time in the muppets area. We ended losing 2 of our 4 fastpasses to Tower of Terror. Luckily.. my Niece and Nephew had a half hour later fastpasses for the same.. and went running to it.

DSC_2831_DxO.jpg

My mother and I just decided to walk around to check DHS, including Pixar Land and maybe try to get to the Little Mermaid ride.. sadly it had a loong line.. so we decided to bail and head to our next fastpasses at the Great Movie Ride.

It had a looong standby line (exiting the theater from one side). Luckily the FP line was pretty fast.

DSC_2853_DxO.jpg

Which was in great state!. My only complain was the Ripley(Aliens) animatronic.. didn't looked like her lol! TCM did a good job in restoring the state of the attraction.

After we got out, we tried to get to the little mermaid again.. sadly.. the line was even longer now! D:

And we had Rezzies to Mama Melrose's for the dinning package for Fantasmic.
While the kids went out from the Tower Of Terror into RnRC.. they had a blast there according to them!

So we waited for them infront of the movie ride and we headed to Mama Melrose's.
As usual, we went there in time but he had to wait. The place was PACKED to the seams.
It took 20 minutes to get seated down.
Not that bad compared to Coral Reef.

DSC_2856_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Original Poster
We had a bit of discussion as we all had to pay the full 3 course Dinning package (which was way more expensive than before, still cheaper than buying a La Carte).

My nephew ordered the Calamari, which was VERY GOOD.
I ordered my Cesar Salad with extra cheese, my mother went for the salad as well while my niece went for the Soup (minestrone? I dont remember!)

20160101_153235_DxO.jpg
Mama Melrose's Cesar Salad
20160101_153251_DxO.jpg

Mama Melrose's Fried Calamari Dish

20160101_160040_DxO.jpg

My Nephew's Pork

20160101_160049_DxO.jpg
My Steak!

20160101_163006_DxO.jpg

The combination had Chocolate brownie, some kind of almond pudding and Tiramisu.

Definitively Tasty!

Once we Porked up! (aka eating a lot!) we went to mind our own business around the park.. to know more around.
Until it was time for our next fast pass!

STAR TOURS!!
Good to see everything working. funnily, we got exactly in the same simulator as our first trip back in 2003.
#1. It had the newer Fin and Rey scenes along with some older ones.
The new scenes looked very sharp! a very nice upgrade imho!

Once on the shop area, we decided to roam a little and purchase a few souvenirs. I got a small Ewok keychain.. adorable!
My nephew got one souvenir.. (dont remember which one atm).
We walked more before heading to Indy, which was FULL. big line waiting to enter.

DSC_2864_DxO.jpg
Waiting for Indy, place was full!

DSC_2870_DxO.jpg

Indy!

We enjoyed part of the show, unfortunately we only managed to get 40% of the full show (right after the first "town" stunt and the jeep explosion). Because we had to leave for Fantasmic.
We moved quickly.. because the whole place was packed to the seams again...
We managed to find an spot. Sadly, the close captioning reflection was down again. (I have no idea why CC was down in almost all shows this time). But a CM happily gave us one of the "paper" versions with the full CC texts and descriptions along with a small lantern.

DSC_2879_DxO.jpg

DSC_2883_DxO.jpg

We had a great time and the kids loved it.
I always get emotional when the White boat with classic Mickey appears with all the Disney characters and the Magical Mickey finale fireworks.

But the day was not done!

We quickly headed to the exit towards Streets of America. As they were supposedly closing Osborne lights the next day.

DSC_2898_DxO.jpg

We stayed for a few songs and photos.. and onwards to POR we went!
As he wad a reservation at Boatwright's.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Original Poster
Our trip to POR was uneventful.
We were very tired and thankfully the bus was almost empty.

After arriving.. We still had time. So we decided to fool around.. We found that the BAR area was filled to the seams, thanks to the musical live show by a pianist and comedian.

My mother decided to sit down and relax on the chairs right outside the lobby while I gave a quick tour to the kids.
POR is indeed a beautiful resort. one of the best in my opinion.
Its always relaxing.
And it was impressively well maintained and clean.

After the quick "Tour". We headed back and we had to wait 10 minutes for our table to be ready.

We had another disappointment when we sat down. As my mother's favorite dish was removed and replaced by another dish that had bacon (big no no to my mother).

We tried to explain the dish to the CM to see if they could still make the old one.
They even did bring a old CM from Puerto Rico to better try to explain. Sadly they had no ingredients to make the older fish anymore.
So my mother had to settle and ordered a salad.

I ordered a Crescent city Gumbo for starters, My nephew ordered the French Onion soup which had overpowering cheese.
So we decided to trade.. I ate most of his soup and the Gumbo and he finished my gumbo (lol)

Then I had some Shrimp and Grits. They were delicious, but it had way too much Grits in the middle :O
My nephew ordered the Pochatrain Pasta and my niece went to adventure herself with some ribs.

Delicious indeed! The only disappointed was my mother. Ironically, I did this reservation so she could have her favorite fish.. and she couldn't.

Anyway, It was a great day, not so cold. Also we were lucky to catch the last boat from POR to Disney Springs.
So we decided to enjoy the boat ride as we passed the river areas around.
We managed to catch a bit of the fireworks of Epcot ( I think?) before heading to the Store areas.
We fooled around and looked around. My mother couldn't find a good wall clock. Infact there was a disney store with some great clocks, but they were for display, not for selling.
Then we headed to WORLD OF DISNEY. Where I wanted to buy these adorable chip and dale hats or a Stitch one. Sadly all sold out for adults (rofl, seems adults were buying everything for themselves!)

20160101_231119_DxO.jpg

Once we visited the area, we headed to the LEGO area to check the legos.. and since my mother was falling asleep (and my legs were finally starting to hurt.. we decided to walk towards the bus section).
We were the only ones in the BUS, so the bus driver took us directly to our stop, bypassing all the other ones.
We thanked him and we headed to sleep at our DVC villa on Old Key West.. preparing ourselves for our next day...

NEXT DAY At DISNEY's ANIMAL KINGDOM.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Original Poster
I'm loving your TR. It's funny as I always have gone in summer how early it gets dark even in Florida around the holidays. When we leave a park after dark that's it we're done for the day. I'm so glad you got to see the lights.
It actually gets dark pretty early. Id say by 6 its already getting dark, by 7 its almost pitch black with a light shade of reds and oranges.

Loving your pics! Although I giggled at the Indy one with the 3 emoji heads in a row. :p
Love adding these silly faces!

Cesar R M

Original Poster
Day 3 - ANIMAL KINGDOM (January 2)

After a short night of sleep, showering, getting ready..etc..
We managed to take an early bus and to the Lobby store for some stuff...
Including bandaids (for my breaking apart nail) and used the time to buy glasses.
Then we headed to wait for the bus and then to Animal Kingdom.
I managed to get some shots of the construction going on for the Avatar and Rivers of Light threads in the rumors area of the forum.

DSC_2915_DxO.jpg

DSC_2919_DxO.jpg

Then we decided to take a photo with the wonderful tree!
DSC_2917_DxO.jpg

The weather was ok. A bit muddy, humid with mild chance of rain.
It was neither cold or hot.. Id say it was between 15C and 25C all the day. (the sun did burn when it was out lol)

DSC_2922_DxO.jpg

Then we went forward quickly to Festival of the Lion King.. but before, we took a photo of the giant tree of life! (thats me yours truly.. behold my perfect smile) :hilarious:

Unfortunately, the show just had started and the wait time was one full hour and the line was pretty long.
So we decided to change of plans... Our kilimanjaro safari fastpasses were coming close..
Funfact, my mother said the safaris were VERY BORING for her the last time we where there.. so my nephew and niece decided to give a try to ITS TOUGH TO BE A BUG.
So I changed the fastpasses (good, because the show was getting full to the seams!) and We got in. We all loved the show, Flick's animatronic was a bit clunky this time, but the bad guy's one was working perfectly, it was amazing!.
After going out... we decided to give another try to Festival of the Lion King.

DSC_2933_DxO.jpg

Good idea right?

WRONG.. the place was even more people than before.. We managed to get in, but they overpacked the place.. they wanted us to stay NEXT TO THE WALL while standing.. we couldn't see carp!
So we decided to leave and give the kids a quick tour around of Animal Kingdom before our next row of fast passes started.

Then my niece wanted a picture with Daisy, who was right next to the older Camp Minnie entrance (now Avatar)

Managed to get a good shot of the "Aleluya Mountains" floating thingies..

Disney's Avatar at Animal Kingdom by John Tamale, en Flickr

Avatar at Disney's Animal Kingdom by John Tamale, en Flickr

But oh lala!.. Daisy was being recalled, because there was going to be the Tusker House M&G.

But I think my niece got the better end.. as she got to meet this fellow...

Tarzan by John Tamale, en Flickr

I wanted also to take a picture with Flick, but he was pretty popular.. he had a BIG line waiting for him.

Flick by John Tamale, en Flickr

So I only managed to get a couple of quick shots of him before getting to Tarzan.
It was fun to see him interact with the Guests!

Then We moved around up to Nemo.. Where I managed to get more construction photos, this time for Rivers of Light.

DSC_2963_DxOFULL by John Tamale, en Flickr

DSC_2967_DxOFULL by John Tamale, en Flickr

DSC_2969_DxOFULL by John Tamale, en Flickr

Then, it was time for the next fastpass!
The kids would get to Expedition Everest while we headed to Flights of Wonder

DSC_2935_DxO.jpg

The kids before "suffering" the wrath of Everest's Yeti.

We then went to Flights of Wonder.. we waited.. and waited.. and waited..
When we finally got in.. It was almost time for our food reservation. We were annoyed.
its like 30 minutes of filling the theater.. and 15 minutes of show....
We had to leave right when the show started.. disappointed.

So, our reservation was at Yak and Yeti... The place was full to the seams!
with a long line waiting.. thankfully they were nice to change our reservation 15 minutes earlier and we got in just 5 minutes.
We all sat down.
I ordered my classic Won ton soup (which was delicious) and Sweet and Sour chicken.
My mother a salad and some dish I do not remember.
My niece went again with some BBQ Ribs... and my nephew something I forgot (will fix once I remember).

While We ate, I reviewed our fastpasses.. and booooo.. Dinosaur went down!
That was our last fastpass... So we decided to with thunder, storm, quakes or explosions.. we would get to Nemo and Festival of the Lion king AT ALL COSTS.

So we got in the line.. Which was pretty long..
DSC_2952_DxO.jpg

but this time we were seated in the BEST PART of the theater. on the Warthog section, on the corner.. The kids got in the middle...
DSC_2934_DxO.jpg

This had to be the BEST SHOW EVER. I do not know if the singers were inspired or what.. the lady had some EPIC PIPES...

The kids were VERY IMPRESSED as they claimed to hate the musicals, they loved it!

Then we headed to NEMO.. which they didn't like too much.. but I presume because the place was also packed to the seams and it was wither sitting all the way up, or very close and to the side of the front area..Making us see in an skewed angle.

Either way.. strange things happened here.
As some random dude started to force a conversation with my niece.
At first it was just casual, then it degenerated in some creepy stalkage that made me furious to the point of confrontation.

Because it goes like this:

The show was ending and this guy starts to talk. She tried to cut the conversation short and wanted space and decided to move infront.
The dude followed her. I still had no idea as I was busy trying to wave the crowds to lead my family out of the exit line area of Nemo. I was pushing them all to move faster.. as we had reservations at CALIFORNIA GRILL.

So we finally left the theater and the guy was still glued to her.. trying to make her talk more. My niece says he cut the dude and tried to shield herself by using her brother (my nephew) .

When she finally explained me as we moved on. I was very angry.
Because this guy was then following us EVERYWHERE.

We even stopped for a few seconds to see if he moved on, or stopped.. HE DID STOP and was acting like he was using time and "checking
the map" (when in reality he was checking on my niece from time to time).

Then on Dinoland; we faked a turn into dinoland (like we were entering dinoland) and then We went to to discovery island.. dude followed us in the exact same path(faked turn and all). We accelerated and he accelerated.. then we stopped right infront of the Tree of life. The guy was pushed by the crowd a bit away and we turned to the left to leave... And I was "let see if he looks at us and tries to return".
Yep.. he did. As soon the dude noticed we moved to the exit bridge.. he started to follow us again.

By the time we were in the bridge exit area.. I was about to confront the ahole..
As soon we were infront of the cave areas next to the bridge towards the exit... We did stop, then fake turn to the left, then returned to the right to see if we could get rid of him. The dude STILL followed us... But then I couldn't fake my smile anymore and got my angry face... he clearly got the hint when I was arguing with my niece about calling the man a creep and take a photo of him to report him.
Because as soon I got my cell phone out, he quickly started walking FASTER towards the exit and then went somewhere else and vanished for a bit.
I stored the Cell phone and moved to the exit.
We didn't see him for the next 5 minutes...
We tough this was over.. nope... As soon we crossed the park exit and the security lines...He started following us again as we went toward the bus stops.

We stopped a few times and he imitated us and looking at my niece from time to time. He seriously looked like a guy( or simply a predator) at this point....
Then we quickly went to move to get as fast we could the bus to our Hotel. The creep couldn't get on the Bus area on time and we finally left... missing him.

Remember kids, there is one thing as FLIRTING and other being a CREEPY STALKER. My niece is just 15.. and the dude was in his late 20's.
Not fun to have to shield her between my nephew and I.

Good thing we didn't see this joker again, I would have reported him on the spot.

Anyway.. We finally left to Old Key West, We quickly changed as we had reservations to California Grill.
We took the Magic Kingdom Bus and then the Monorail.

Im not sure which one it was but it definitively was smelling badly like pee and dumpster.

We got down at the The Contemporary and we went to our way to California Grill.

Since it was my first time at the resort area other than the monorail, I got a bit lost.. but quickly found my way by asking.

There was a line waiting to get on... We got in line and quickly we got to the elevator up as we waited for our table.
20160102_190145_DxO.jpg

The place was full!
But the ambiance was very pleasant.
DSC_2973_DxO.jpg

Our waiter spoke little spanish so we had to order everything in English. My Nephew helping my mother.

My mother ordered the Chicken and a Ravioli, I ordered the Filet and the Ravioli, My niece ordered 3.. yes.. 3 consecutive raviolis.. she loved it!
I'm unsure what my nephew ordered, but he really liked it. My Filet was PERFECTION.
Probably the best meat I've ever had since my Filet Tombwomba(love the sauce) at Outback.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Original Poster
California Grill January 2

My Mother's Dish.
20160102_201501_DxO.jpg

My Delicious Filet!
20160102_201507_DxO.jpg

Of course, a few minutes after we finished eating.. it was time for WISHES!.

After wishes, we were again exhausted.. We decided to Take the monorail so the kids would see the Lake area and the hotels.
We then hoped in the last bus of Mk to Old Key West.
This time the bus was kinda full with people... But thank god we were of the first to board...
So we got seats and we boarded quickly.. because it was starting to rain!

As we got back, it continued to rain with wind.. and temps got cold.. so a hot shower and a good sleep was in order.. to prepare for our next day..

MAGIC KINGDOM DAY 1

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Original Poster
Great report so far! Nice pictures, although it makes me giggle a little at the yellow smiley face over your family's real faces. I understand you wanting to protect their privacy, but I keep imagining them walking through the parks like that. :)
Thank you!
and yes, I prefer to keep things private. We only share our photos to very close friends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom