Chugwater - Celebrating 12 Years of Home on the Range

tcool123

Original Poster
Now yesterday may have been April Fool's Day, but today it's Home on the Range's 12th Anniversary! Now as a kid I grew up on three Disney films, Dumbo, Ratatouille, and Home on the Range. Which the latter of which I would watch religiously, and was bummed out when I found out that my copy went missing. So I did the natural thing anyone would do, I ordered a new copy! Upon arrival I watch done, and again next week, and once more last summer. So now without further ado let's dive into Chugwater a quiet little Western town just left to Nebraska. The park selected for this land isn't even a real park, but rather my own creation : Disney Singapore Resort. Of course since I want that resort to be realistic this wouldn't ever exist, but I did need a location for the map.

untitled_by_tcool123-d9xlp7g.png

As guests leave Storybookland they enter a new land, Westernland. At Westernland guests can experience the little town of Chugwater. A town where horses run across roofs, saloon shows fly high, and even a yodeling cow rustler resides. There are four main attractions located in this land.

latest

Hosted on The Outdoor Stage there are the Yodeling Yolks; a fun quartet of yodelers, Western Wesley; a strange little man fulfilling his dream of being a clown, and finally there's The Bluegrass Group; eccentric cowboys wearing blue performing bluegrass music. Daily guests visiting Chugwater they can experience a high flying fight between ransacking bandits, and the sheriff with his goofy deputy.

In Angelica's Saloon guests with a reservation get to be treated to a saloon dance show or a family friendly stand-up comedy routine. Guests will dine on things such as Mashed Potatoes, Fried Chicken, Salad, and much more inspired by American Comfort foods. This all comes with a side of Disney's world famous unlimited cornbread!

In the Banded Wicket guests can chill out, and order an alcoholic drink or maybe order some grub that cowboys used to eat. In the Cowboy Depot guests can find toy western guns, cowboy hats, cowboy boots, pins, and many more items inspired by the American West. Finally there's The Wagon Yard as your last stop in town guests can see some business savvy Native Americans have taken over. Here guests are able to buy many Native American goods like Dream Catchers, moccasins, upon other things.

If guests go up they encounter Little Patch of Heaven, a quaint farm with a petting zoo which holds the occasional running of the goats. Also located in the farm is the Barnyard Chaos. Barnyard Chaos is an expanded copy of the Luigi's trackless flat ride. Guests will be able to ride in pigs, horses, buffaloes, cows, and even goats from the film. There over 20 different patterns so make sure to ride it many times to experience all the patterns!

However had guests chosen to go right they would enter the Forever Canyon. Why is it called the Forever Canyon? Why it's because they seem to go on forever, and people have even died in there from how lost they get.

Antelope-Canyon-2.jpg

Lastly anchoring the entire expansion there's the Echo Mine Train. Guests maneuver through Alameda Slim's hideout as they reach the mine trains. These vehicles will be updated versions that swing more than their counterparts at the Magic Kingdom. After all the guests board the vehicles the begin to move, and dip into a cave. After they dip they encounter the first show scene guests will pass by Slim standing tall threatening them with his cow army. He begins to yodel, and the cows are hypnotized.

The vehicles begin to move out of there as several technicolor cows come charging at them mooing. The vehicles dip again and go outside where they begin to go up a hill. Here guests will see through the use of forced perspective that they are higher than they think they are. After the hill they once again go down a bit and enter another indoor portion. Through the use of screens it will seem as if the vehicles are racing Maggie, Mrs. Calloway, and Grace in their own mine car. Guests will enter another cave and see an animatronic Mrs. Calloway proclaiming that a flash flood is coming there way. The vehicles rush out as water outs into the cave. Right as a waterfall comes down guests escape!

home-on-the-range-32.png

As the vehicles race around the outside making various dips, helixes, and much more to gurantee a fun time for the whole family they will pass by multiple characters: Junior popping out of a closed shaft, Rico lassoed up to a cactus while on top of Buck, Slim tied up in the mine cart racing around getting hit in the face with a frying pan by Jack, the three cows trying to reach down to Slim, Slim's minions hanging out of a teetering mine cart, and the only sane person present Mr. Wesley is seen mumbling, and bumping his head on a support beam.

As guests leave the scene they enter hill in a tunnel surrounded by a not so obvious screen. Once guests reach the top they found out that Slim has escaped, and in a fit of anger lights stick in dynamite. Of course as with any Disney ride things need to get worse, and soon the fire spread to all the dynamite. Soon Slim escapes on his mine cart in panic, and as soon as he leaves an explosion goes off. The vehicles begin to go backward as explosions go off violently around them, and the screens seem to make all the walls cave in.

explosion1.jpg

As the vehicles exit the exploding tunnel it is apparent that they are now in an unseen portion, and a train comes rushing out scaring guests as if it were to land on them. Finally after some fun going backwards the vehicles enter the last scene where the cows have captured all the villains, and are now friends with Junior and Buck. The vehicles change track, and return as normal to the station allowing rides now happy to exit.

So that is my salute to Home on the Range after 12 years of chugging along.​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom