Christy's "A trip report, without actually being a 'report' per se"...

because I can't ever remember what exactly we did on which day. :lookaroun :eek:

But here are some pictures and an attempt at recalling the week. :wave:

I do remember we arrived on Monday, July 31, and it was extra exciting because 1) this was an all girls' trip and 2) this group of all girls included 2 of my husband's cousins, who are also godmothers to two of my kids.

One of them is a WDW veteran, but the other had only ever been to the MK when she was about 8 years old. Here she is, along with 3 of my girls, in the lobby of the Poly:

PICT0006.jpg

I love the Poly
PICT0003.jpg

We've seen many a wedding take place there. Here's the view from where the weddings take place: (Sunset Point, I think it's called?)
PICT0076.jpg

PICT0077.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

MouseMadness

Original Poster
I also remember that as soon as we dropped our bags, we hightailed it to the MK for a date with the Fairy Godmother at Cinderella's Royal Table. I was assuming this was just a character meal, but it is a show, and it's REALLY cute!!

And dessert is included with your meal :lookaroun
7757bb91.jpg

Princess Leah :lol:

57d806c5.jpg

All my girls with that suit of armour nobody can resist getting their picture with LOL
08a45d1e.jpg

And all the kids and OUR fairy godmothers up overlooking the balcony

100_1101.jpg

We milled around the MK for a while, visited a few attractions, including the new PotC, which I LOVED!!

RAWR! I mean! :lookaroun ARRRRR!!
100_0084.jpg

We also caught Wishes, which I've just given up on trying to get a decent picture of LOL but Mallory got a couple decent ones
PICT0038.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

Still a bit fuzzy, but not bad for an 8 year old!

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Next day was Bibbity Bobbity Boutique, which is well worth the trip and the money! The girls had a great time (all but Kaitlyn, the 11 year old, who is obviously too mature for such nonsense :rolleyes: LOL)

First you choose which princess YOU want to be!
100_1106.jpg

100_1105.jpg

Hop into the chair and let your Fairy Godmother in training work her magic:
100_1110.jpg

100_1111.jpg

100_1112.jpg

And voila!! Fabulousness!!
100_1118.jpg

100_1117.jpg

MouseMadness

Original Poster
All that gettin' gorgeous makes a girl hungry, so we did what any group of girls would do, and went looking for some lettuce and carrot sticks to munch on to keep our svelte figures.

:lookaroun
100_1120.jpg

100_1121.jpg

100_1122.jpg

One obligatory pic with these guys:
100_1119.jpg

and it was back to the resort to swim, rest, and head to Epcot for dinner.

Much NEEDED rest, I might add, awww!
100_1124.jpg

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Thanks!! Okay... I'm trying to think what was next LOL :lookaroun (I should start taking paper and a pen with me :eek: )

I guess we took no pics at Epcot that night, so next morning was MGM. Of course we hit RnRC
100_1166.jpg

and ToT,
100_1160.jpg

and we also went into Narnia, which was really cool.
PICT0065.jpg

Then we ate at what I believe is my all time favorite place in all of WDW...

Sci Fi :lookaroun
Our waiter... *shakes head* the guy should really learn to come out of his shell a bit :lol: (And YES that's his REAL name LOL)
100_1182.jpg

He was a trip :lol:

And we did actually get a couple pictures where ALL of us were present LOL Here is one of them, with Sorcerer Mickey(I give Kaitlyn 6 months before I have to stand in front of her LOL )
100_1169.jpg

MouseMadness

Original Poster
We went back to the resort for more swimming and resting (It was DAMN HOT!) and then took off to Epcot, for dinner at Alfredo's.

A word of caution to all parents. Do NOT let your children order the blue slushy!! :eek:
100_1130.jpg

100_1132.jpg

Thank God they did not drink the whole thing.

Random Epcot pictures:
PICT0107.jpg

PICT0106.jpg

PICT0103.jpg

aaaaaaand I've just been informed that the neighbors dog is in our yard terrorizing Leah :lol:

I'll be back with more later!

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Yes, there's more Scott :lol: I have to reroute my train of thought after fending off the beast next door and feeding the kids. :lol:

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Let's see... I guess I've put us up to Thursday, which was AK morning.

I must now declare that Expedition Everest is AAAAAAAAAWWWWWESOME!! :sohappy: And very convincing... immersive... whatever term you'd like to use. :lol: :eek:

Most of our pics at AK are animals the girls took on safari, which are never all that great (darn pot holes! :lookaroun ) but this amused me, on the bus:

Hey! You! No standing around trying to look cool! :mad:

100_1129.jpg

:lol: :lookaroun

MouseMadness

Original Poster
More swimming and resting ensued (did I mention it was DAMN HOT?!) and then we ate dinner in the concierge lounge at the Poly, which was REALLY good! I was pleasantly surprised. :) Our day ended with a birthday crusie for Lauren, princess #3, who was there celebrating her 7th birthday :) (Not really, her bday's on the 11th, but these were the dates that worked out for everybody)

Our boat: (The other picture of the whole bunch of us :lol: )
P8030017.jpg

Lauren's cake:
P8030020.jpg

and the chocolate covered strawberries and white chocolate glass slipper with whipped cream and raspberries :slurp:
P8030018.jpg

The cruise is very nice. We were picked up at 10:15, and the driver took us around the lagoon giving tidbits of information about the resorts, the lagoon, the MK, etc. and then we watched Wishes at 11. It was really nice, but we were all so tired after all that! (Leah fell asleep on the boat!)

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Next morning, to recuperate from our grueling evening before, we all hit the spa.

Lauren, being the birthday princess, got "the works" as she was calling it :lol: My first manicure, my first pedicure, and my first facial. :lol: Her sisters all got to choose one thing, and I got a facial, which is like a little bit of heaven. (Although I found out, much to my dismay, that 99% of the ingredients in 99% of the products I currently use are apparently going to give me cancer :lookaroun )

Then we hit Epcot for dinner in China, and some browsing and shopping. Aaaaaaaaaand more pictures :lol:
This began what will go down forever as "The night of 3 desserts" :lookaroun :eek:
PICT0123.jpg

MouseMadness

Original Poster
I sure hope someday this one will be comfortable in front of the camera :lookaroun
PICT0121.jpg

PICT0115.jpg

Picture of Kaitlyn taking pictures :lol: :lookaroun
PICT0108.jpg

I keep telling my husband I'm going to build a house based on the Germany pavillion. I think he thinks I'm kidding :lookaroun
PICT0098.jpg

And Mallory is DETERMINED to start one of these LOL
PICT0101.jpg

PICT0100.jpg

MouseMadness

Original Poster
The girls then spent this, our last night ( :( ) in the pool.

I'm sure you all recognize the volcano slide.
PICT0126.jpg

Well, this is now Mallory's new favorite thing. After many failed attempts, like this one:
PICT0130.jpg

I finally got her :lol: (that's her waaaaaaaaaay at the top)
PICT0131.jpg

and again, with the shyness
PICT0128.jpg

There were days I had to drag them out of that pool to go to the parks :lol: They love it!
PICT0132.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom